2016 Brazil Summer Olympics Thread

• Replies 423
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I love the summer olympics. Especially track/field, gymnastics, and swimming. I am legitimately concerned, however, about the safety and well-being of these athletes. I think some crazy schitt is gonna go down.

Me too. Something just doesnt feel right

CBF

I, too, am afraid that many bad things will happen - both health-related and violence-related. Many of these athletes are very young. I hope everything goes well for everyone involved.

As far as the games, themselves, go. I pay attention to Basketball, Wrestling and Gymnastics. Other sports, I really don't even bother following.

Every year it seems I become less and less interested. This year? I have zero desire. I have more important things to do. Like floss.

I'd like to see floss debating as an Olympic sport.

Edited by driddles

Discuss

CBF

The discus starts on the 12th. Oh, discuss.........

I'm mainly keeping an eye on the boxing, track cycling, rowing, swimming. Basically the events where we might win something. I do love the Olympics though. Every 4 years for a couple of weeks, I become the world's foremost expert on **** like fencing and judo.

Edited by Blokestradamus

For the life of me I don't understand why the Olympics can't adjust and give the games to an entire COUNTRY instead of a single city. There are dozens of countries with the required infrastructure to host the games and it wouldn't cost taxpayers gazillions of dollars for little long term gain.

For example, the US could host the games and literally have events in a dozen different cities. LA could have track and field, Miami could have swimming, multiple cities could host soccer games, etc. The only thing that would really be up for grabs are the opening/closing ceremonies, which are mostly horsecrap anyway.

Discuss

CBF

Sux that the Russian Weightlifting team Got suspended, wanted to see them break some records

Me too. Something just doesnt feel right

CBF

ISIS

I follow womens soccer, gymnastics, and tennis

CBF

Weightlifting, Wrestling, Throwing events.

My Olympics is the Arnold Classic.

Doesn't matter what few events I really like. I won't see them because 1/2 the TV time will be spent on ads and blather from talking heads and boring 'human interest' stories about the first cross-eyed javelin thrower ever from Pigs Knuckle, Arkansas. And the remaining hours will be divided up among 673 events so I won't be able to follow anything.

For the life of me I don't understand why the Olympics can't adjust and give the games to an entire COUNTRY instead of a single city. There are dozens of countries with the required infrastructure to host the games and it wouldn't cost taxpayers gazillions of dollars for little long term gain.

For example, the US could host the games and literally have events in a dozen different cities. LA could have track and field, Miami could have swimming, multiple cities could host soccer games, etc. The only thing that would really be up for grabs are the opening/closing ceremonies, which are mostly horsecrap anyway.

You're forgetting the most important part -- Orgy Central....err, I mean Olympic Village.