2016 Brazil Summer Olympics Thread

• Replies 423
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

You guys are just jealous of my newfound celebrity status. I'm gonna get these guys to start waving a flag on TV that says "Cugalabanza rules! Blokestradamus, DC Tom and Doc stink!"

Do what you need to do. But I really did just need Sebastian Stan's best friend's parents.

You guys are just jealous of my newfound celebrity status. I'm gonna get these guys to start waving a flag on TV that says "Cugalabanza rules! Blokestradamus, DC Tom and Doc stink!"

Be careful... if you say DC TOM three times out loud, he shows up in your living room like Beetlejuice.

tvad.gif

My friend texted this same message to me yesterday. No way. Greatest swimmer of all time. Not downplaying his greatness, but what other sport does he excel at? Jim Thorpe, Bo Jackson, and maybe Jim Brown belong in the greatest athlete of all time discussion, IMO.

Love watching Phelps compete though.

He has more gold medals than all but TEN countries, All time.

Chew on that. :lol:

Yeah, like I said, best swimmer of all time. Jim Thorpe played professional football, basketball, and baseball.....AND tore up the olympics. Bo Jackson played at a very high level, in a more modern era, in both professional football and baseball. Unheard of. Just sayin....

Probably a different forum for this discussion though.

My friend texted this same message to me yesterday. No way. Greatest swimmer of all time. Not downplaying his greatness, but what other sport does he excel at? Jim Thorpe, Bo Jackson, and maybe Jim Brown belong in the greatest athlete of all time discussion, IMO.

Love watching Phelps compete though.

Swimming has the most medals too. I think?

And... It is like they are professional Olympians now, that is their job to do this for 10, 20 years... 3,4,5 and maybe 6 Olympics! Holy Moly! Anything to avoid entering the "real world." Not knocking it, that "real world" of yester year was a whole lot different. Today, they are still making money for somebody.

Swimming has a medal for just any distance. I think it is great he has so many... But, the number does not tell the whole story when compared to other events.

If track had multiple events at each distance depending on what arm movements you made while doing it, guys like Usain Bolt might have as many medals as Phelps.

Exactly. Swimming is the only sport where you can ring up all these medals. All the different distances, strokes plus the relays of different distances and strokes.

If track had multiple events at each distance depending on what arm movements you made while doing it, guys like Usain Bolt might have as many medals as Phelps.

And if the US could field a real soccer team, perhaps they could get A medal.