2016 Brazil Summer Olympics Thread

I just read a NY Times article where the spokesman for the IOC says the robbery didn't happen. That comment makes no sense to me at all. I'm curious for more to come out in the next few days. Ps In fact it's the same article that the previous poster just linked.

Edited by DriveFor1Outta5

• Replies 423
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

http://mobile.nytimes.com/2016/08/15/sports/olympics/ryan-lochte-and-three-teammates-robbed-at-gunpoint.html?_r=0&referer=https://www.google.com/

Lochte told NBC News. "We got pulled over, in the taxi, and t why guys came out with a badge, a police badge, no lights, no nothing just a police badge and they pulled us over, Lochte said. They pulled out their guns, they told the other swimmers to get down on the ground they got down on the ground. I refused, I was like we didnt do anything wrong, so Im not getting down on the ground.

And then the guy pulled out his gun, he cocked it, put it to my forehead and he said, Get down, and I put my hands up, I was like whatever. He took our money, he took my wallet he left my cellphone, he left my credentials.

What an idiot. The guy tried to get tough with street criminals in Brazil.

why do you think I'm laughing?!

In Brazil only police are allowed to have guns. I'm scared to find out how much of this has happened and got covered up

Edited by Boyst62

i must say...ain't nobody had a cocked gun put at their head and said"whatever".... ever. So your right, something us way off on this story

if you're in the Hamptons, if you're in Beverly hills. Maybe...

But if you're in South America... Not at all

i must say...ain't nobody had a cocked gun put at their head and said"whatever".... ever. So your right, something us way off on this story

The whole story seems kind of weird to me from some the things I've read. With that being said, Lochte is part of the "bro" culture. The guy is dumber than a box of rocks. I'm sure it didn't go down quite like he said. He's most likely just trying to make himself sound tough. He probably was more cooperative than he claims, but he's worried he wouldn't sound "cool'". It's like the kind of story you hear from a guy at the bar drinking a corona with lime. What have the three other guys who were with him had to say? I can't find anything anywhere. Edited by DriveFor1Outta5

The whole story seems kind of weird to me from some the things I've read. With that being said, Lochte is part of the "bro" culture. The guy is dumber than a box of rocks. I'm sure it didn't go down quite like he said. He's most likely just trying to make himself sound tough. He probably was more cooperative than he claims, but he's worried he wouldn't sound "cool'". It's like the kind of story you hear from a guy at the bar drinking a corona with lime. What have the three other guys who were with him had to say? I can't find anything anywhere.

What the f&@k is wrong with putting a lime in a Corona?

The whole story seems kind of weird to me from some the things I've read. With that being said, Lochte is part of the "bro" culture. The guy is dumber than a box of rocks. I'm sure it didn't go down quite like he said. He's most likely just trying to make himself sound tough. He probably was more cooperative than he claims, but he's worried he wouldn't sound "cool'". It's like the kind of story you hear from a guy at the bar drinking a corona with lime. What have the three other guys who were with him had to say? I can't find anything anywhere.

I can tell you this..i was scared chit less and whatever that dude told me to do, i said "yes sir". I am quite surprised i did not need new undies, cause i was scared like no other time in my life.

Thanks. One sprint w/out a linebacker putting a chuck on you.

Big diff between football and running track. One is a draught horse and the other a pampered thoroughbred. Don't make it out to be the opposite. Football is a grind, sprinting track, just get ready for the burst.

No guaranteed contracts at the Olympics!

And rightly so. Would you want them to be tossed out like garbage after becoming a wrecked horse? The team is protecting their investment too. See: Strasburg w/The Nats when they shut him down.