2016 Brazil Summer Olympics Thread

• Replies 423
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I have no damn idea why so many didn't know the rules. Just love watching Yanks get all bent out of shape over things. :lol:

Exactly! There is always the chest lunge... She just happened to fall head over feet while going over the line. No different than the final lunge. Now she claims to have tripped, if she didn't, then she has great situation awareness on who was possibly catching her on her left.

People are ridculous if they want that banned.

Edited by ExiledInIllinois

"Ryan Lochte is a very talented individual, not just in the pool. Expect to see a lot more from him in a variety of exciting new enterprises."

- Ryan Lochte

"!@#$ that douchebag."

- Everybody else in the world

How true. I understand that Brazil has tons of problems, and the police may not be most trustworthy. However, I find it funny that so many people want to discount the possibility that Lochte lied just because they share a common nationality with him. A lot of things didn't add up from the start with this imo. He was even reportedly using his wallet the day after he claimed it was stolen. Edited by DriveFor1Outta5

"Ryan Lochte is a very talented individual, not just in the pool. Expect to see a lot more from him in a variety of exciting new enterprises."

- Ryan Lochte

"!@#$ that douchebag."

- Everybody else in the world

Amen, brother.

Exactly! There is always the chest lunge... She just happened to fall head over feet while going over the line. No different than the final lunge. Now she claims to have tripped, if she didn't, then she has great situation awareness on who was possibly catching her on her left.

People are ridculous if they want that banned.

She went out so hard, tying up in the last 25-50 metres was inevitable.

How true. I understand that Brazil has tons of problems, and the police may not be most trustworthy. However, I find it funny that so many people want to discount the possibility that Lochte lied just because they share a common nationality with him. A lot of things didn't add up from the start with this imo. He was even reportedly using his wallet the day after he claimed it was stolen.

I want to discount he lied because I would discount anybody lied. Why would anybody lie, I simply can't wrap my feeble mind around it.

How true. I understand that Brazil has tons of problems, and the police may not be most trustworthy. However, I find it funny that so many people want to discount the possibility that Lochte lied just because they share a common nationality with him. A lot of things didn't add up from the start with this imo. He was even reportedly using his wallet the day after he claimed it was stolen.

I have no clue what the hell is going on, but what exactly is the point of the report in bold? Is it that crazy to think that he got a new wallet?

I want to discount he lied because I would discount anybody lied. Why would anybody lie, I simply can't wrap my feeble mind around it.

Yeah I get what you mean. I'm not sure either way, but I certainly don't think that it being a lie isn't possible. My issue with it is the fact that his mother was the first person to report the robbery to the media. I have a theory that it's possible he either lied to his mom or was making a sick joke about being robbed to her. Then she reports it to the media, and it took on life of its own. This would have forced him to keep up the facade to save face. After all who wouldn't believe that he got robbed in Rio?

I have no clue what the hell is going on, but what exactly is the point of the report in bold? Is it that crazy to think that he got a new wallet?

I took as meaning that he was using the contents of the wallet. If you buy a new wallet it doesn't come with credit cards.

Weird story. I saw something online speculating that a meeting with hookers/transgender went bad. this may have been their cover story due to embarrassment. seems plausible when you think 4 guys had to agree to the same story (if lying). The gun part may be real, but the circumstances not. hopefully we will find out

Same laws of physics, only in baseball it is a factor and when flinging yourself over a finish line it isn't (until after you're over the line).

In baseball, a player has to slide to get to first. Friction slows him down. That's why players are instructed to run through the bag. Also because a lot of times they jam their hands on the bag and get injured.

That makes sense - thanks for getting my point.

It is the only base you are allowed to run through and be safe... Unless you count home plate... But the catcher can block the plate, the firstbasemen is not allowed to obstruct the runner. At home, you also trying to slide around the block and touch the plate before the tag, which HAS to be a tag. You can also bowl through so as to jar the ball from the pitcher if he gets the ball and attempts to make the tag out.

Because even after your post, EII still doesn't.

I took as meaning that he was using the contents of the wallet. If you buy a new wallet it doesn't come with credit cards.

I hope the report has far more substance because even if it was credit cards, it seems plausible that someone would leave one or two in their room before heading out or to be given a card by someone else after being robbed. This info would probably be easy enough to track down if they want to back up the report. Maybe it has been done, I just don't know what the source is.

Yikes! How old is he? 32 or 12?

That makes sense - thanks for getting my point.

Because even after your post, EII still doesn't.

I get what they said, yet there are other rules in play with first base only..

In track, your torso has to cross. You do see some runners trying to slide and touch first in really close situations. It is rare, because it is just not worth it... The runner is allowed to dig away and run through.

Edited by ExiledInIllinois

I hope the report has far more substance because even if it was credit cards, it seems plausible that someone would leave one or two in their room before heading out or to be given a card by someone else after being robbed. This info would probably be easy enough to track down if they want to back up the report. Maybe it has been done, I just don't know what the source is.

I had a cc comprimised recently a new one was overnighted and in hand by noon the following day.

If you are a world class athlete and endorsements, etc. IMO it's not out of the question to have a new wallet

Filled with new ones within hours. Even douchebags.