2016 Brazil Summer Olympics Thread

• Replies 423
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Happy to see Lasha win!

I missed it

Helen Maroulis with the USA's first ever gold medal in wrestling! Beat a Japanese opponent that had only lost twice in 14 years!

https://www.google.com/search?q=helen+maroulis&biw=1600&bih=763&source=lnms&tbm=isch&sa=X&sqi=2&ved=0ahUKEwjxy72_6cvOAhXBNiYKHTYQBzUQ_AUIBigB#imgrc=_

:thumbsup::thumbsup:

Didn't Rulon Gardner win gold in 2000?

yep and beat the legendary Aleksandr Karelin

Diniz finished in last place, six minutes behind the winner — but he’ll go down in history as number two. :lol:

The most famous race pooper of all time...Julie Moss! Started a whole new catgory of endurance sports

I remember watching this on my 13inch black and white TV in my dorm room...and saying"i'm going to do that someday". I was just floored she could push herself like that.

While i still aspire to do a full, have done several half irons after 23 years of smoking...keep telling myself need to do a full before i am 55, so not much time left :thumbdown:

Edited by plenzmd1

How did this dancing gymnastics every become part of Olympics?

I know they are trying to get their 5 circle logo every way they can but this is ridiculous.

Just frustrated that is what is on TV at work when I putting in overtime.

NBC is run by idiots. Australia and Spain are playing a pretty epic Bronze medal game in men's hoop but they're airing that garbage on the main network.

NBC is run by idiots. Australia and Spain are playing a pretty epic Bronze medal game in men's hoop but they're airing that garbage on the main network.

The bronze medal game was aired on nbcsn. The better of the nbc channels for watching olympic games Imo too begin with.

It gets old in the summer watching a week of gymnastics and any sport americans will dominate on nbc. At least the cable

Channels show that there are more than 4 sports on the olympic games.

Kind of like being forced to watch a week of figure skating in the winter olympics.

Not that there's anything wrong with that..... Gots to keep the revenue coming in so

Play to the demographics.

Announcers for the USA vs Serbia basketball gold medal game just said it was a "sellout capacity crowd."

There are a lot of empty seats; even on the lower deck. Maybe the people are still stuck in security?

Could be a lot of Brazilians who stayed away because they're celebrating the soccer/volleyball golds.

@darrenrovell

BREAKING: Speedo has ended its relationship with Ryan Lochte

And the corporate whores march on. Hope the Speedos aren't seen in Brazil. They'd look a little better.

But, there are a lot of "sling shot" bikinis on Copacabana Beach...

I don't condone how Lochte embellished... But Brazil, Rio, etc... Are still the worst offenders in the world. Yet, we spin these cesspools. Ryan obviously went overboard the other way and it ate him up... The dumb stump.

Speedo, maybe call Lochte out AND bring manufacturing back from some God awful enviro & social cesspool of a country they make their suits (most likely their consumer garbage) in.

Edited by ExiledInIllinois