2016 Brazil Summer Olympics Thread

Love it! The runner from The Bahamas... Took some serious courage... I wonder if she is all tore up w/track rash. Just like Sweden not playing to the US Women's Soccer team's strength.

Doing what is needed to win... Like Miracle on Ice! Will to win!

Edited by ExiledInIllinois

• Replies 423
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Great article:

http://sports.vice.com/en_us/article/catching-up-with-milorad-cavic-who-beat-michael-phelps-but-lost-gold-by-the-force-of-a-finger

"Meaning what?

When he looks at his Olympic medals, he doesn't know which goes for which race. It doesn't say 100 fly or 400 IM. A win is a win. But for me, had I the gold medal, I'm not sure how comfortable I would feel with everyone believing that it was not my gold medal. And I say that with a lot of reservation because Michael Phelps is not just any Olympian, and what I just told you could seem very negative. I'm not saying Phelps is living a lie. I'm not saying I think I lost. I'm just saying that if he was the same as mesomeone who had much less successhe may be more sensitive to everybody telling him, "Hey, do you believe that you deserve that Olympic gold?""

There's something unique about the girl, the way she just radiates attractiveness. Beautiful.

Let me see if I can put my finger on it -- looks, personality, and body. Yeah, I think that's it.

Let me see if I can put my finger on it -- looks, personality, and body. Yeah, I think that's it.

I can't read through everything, but I'm assuming you guys are talking about Hope Solo??

Maybe I am in the minority... Or just a bad shot in that previously posted link... Is it the wide shoulders... Face, ??? IMO, she looks like a guy with big jugs. Maybe you guys are simply blinded by one thing. ;-)

To each their own though...

...No thanks, more the feminine beauty for me.

And don't put your finger on Hope in a cowardly fashion either.

Sweden just beat Brazil in penalties

No way should any game that means something end with a shoot out... Why soccer is tragically flawed game.

No way should any game that means something end with a shoot out... Why soccer is tragically flawed game.

All games are flawed. The NFL has a ludicrously convoluted rule book, too many penalties, too many commercials, replays are excruciating and take way too long. It's the only sport where the referee has to address the crowd by microphone to give explanations of what's going on...

But we still love it.

Edited by Cugalabanza

Love it! The runner from The Bahamas... Took some serious courage... I wonder if she is all tore up w/track rash. Just like Sweden not playing to the US Women's Soccer team's strength.

Doing what is needed to win... Like Miracle on Ice! Will to win!

ummmmmm she fell