Jerry Sullivan at it again

I think the OP's point was that Sullivan chose not to include the fact that Woods was playing with an injury, not that what he said was incorrect. And are you saying because he was playing with an injury, that it is a predictor of the future? Then I agree, he would probably play thru another injury if he could.. You're a good example on why some athletes choose not to play with injury. Why play when you're only criticized for being sub par? Then again those ones will only criticize you for not playing thru injury. You can't win with some people.

That's all fair, 1st&10. My normal caveat in cases like this is that all players play injured by midseason, but I think some extra weight can be given in this case due to him needing surgery to correct it. It was obviously bad. But here's the weird thing - his yards per game average the first 7 games is the same as his last 6. So I don't know what to think without looking more closely at which games he started, number of targets he got, etc. I do know this, however: His best year was 2014 when he had 699 yards and we are going to need him to stay healthy and get at least that this season.

• Replies 97
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Sully sucks

As someone who has torn his groin before, it is excruciatingly painful. I tried to play through it as it happened my senior year. Some days i could barely walk. Try cut quickly or open up your hips to cover someone. Damn near impossible

Excellent post my friend; excellent description!

Woods had 65 catches and almost 700 yards and 5 TDs in 2014 with EJ throwing him the ball for a quarter of the season. He was injured last year and the Bills ran the ball more. Sully's an idiot.

Who is this Sullivan you speak of? I don't know who this person is.

Seriously, life is more pleasant when I don't read his crap. I don't click on a link that I know is is, and I sure as hell don't support any advertisers who are on his page if I happen to land on one of his "articles." The only way to ignore him is by not giving the Buffalo News the page views and let the advertisers know I will avoid them if I see an ad on one of his pages.

wow. you pick the most interesting places to dig in Weo !

This is too easy 3/12--read Barley's theory! Come on!

He's the embodiment of the Argument Clinic by Monty Python.

Pointing out BS isn't an "argument".

It often amazes me what people toss out there. This guy is just assuming that this up and coming writer was somehow forced out at the itty bitty BN---and landed at a nationally read sport website!--and that's evidence of a "problem" at BN.

How can one NOT comment on the goofiness of that position?

It often amazes me what people toss out there. This guy is just assuming that this up and coming writer was somehow forced out at the itty bitty BN---and landed at a nationally read sport website!--and that's evidence of a "problem" at BN.

I didn't realize that Bleacher Report was that big of an upgrade to TBN. Do you think you can ever forgive me?

I think you have made my point Dear Weo.

Sully sucks

As someone who has torn his groin before, it is excruciatingly painful. I tried to play through it as it happened my senior year. Some days i could barely walk. Try cut quickly or open up your hips to cover someone. Damn near impossible

Man Deranged went postal when I mentioned my history with groin injuries.......good thing he's not in this thread. :lol:

First muscle injury I ever had was a groin strain playing hockey at age 8..........and basically had one after another thereafter.....including a couple tears.

I missed one game a couple days after the worst tear tear but otherwise played thru all of the groin injuries because if I didn't I would have missed practically every season.

It's extremely painful and exactly as you described.......it's like waking up with rigor mortis........ but it's not like a torn hamstring.......with the help of lot's of warm up and pain relief it's not surprising to me that a pro athlete could play and play fast thru it.

Woods had a number of situations post injury where he fell on his face after trying to get RAC yards and the infamous flop in the end zone and that is that shooting pain from change of direction.......but as Barley pointed out.....he wasn't on pace for a great year prior to the injury either.

THIS is his money year so we can probably expect the best we will ever see from him.

Ive never seen such a disparity in opinions on one player as I have with Woods.

A solid 2nd round pick, special teamer, blocker, gets open, tough.

Tons of skeptics who are really hard on the guy. Look, nobody hands him a starting job here, he earns it every year in camp and then proves it by doing everything we ask of the guy in our run-first, sammy 2nd and everyone else 3rd offense.

Some fans want a pair of 1000 yard receivers and a few 1000 yard rushers or they're not happy. Ridiculous.

Worry about our defense and leave the freakin offensive guys alone.

Woods had a number of situations post injury where he fell on his face after trying to get RAC yards and the infamous flop in the end zone and that is that shooting pain from change of direction.......but as Barley pointed out.....he wasn't on pace for a great year prior to the injury either.

Facts are important: He injured the groin in camp and played through it. He wasn't healthy at all in the regular season.

Sully and Bucky are desperate to sell papers. They love being negative, there is a reason why they never take calls on the radio or their pitiful TV show. Only cowards act like that.

Keep in mind that Bucky said the President Cup Sabres were not good and Sully thinks Marv and company were in a bad conference for those AFC titles.

I dont give the Buffalo News my business and have said so when offered the paper because of those two hacks.

I suspect there is no media outlet breaking down the door trying to hire Sully or Bucky.

I suspect you're right.

Dunne got a bigger opportunity because he's the better writer.

Personally, I read virtually everything Dunne writes and virtually none of the things Sully writes.

Edited by hondo in seattle