Bills announce contract extension for Tyrod Taylor

• Replies 1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Don't forget I was mocked for saying the Bills should take care of Taylor before the season began.

You were not wholly mocked. A lot of discussion took place, and many folks said that a bridge deal would be fine, but that going all-in wouldn't be prudent at this time.

It appears that the Bills got the best of both worlds: they have the financials of a bridge deal in place, and the structure of a team-option-based long-term deal in place.

Most contracts are gambles....

That's true but some are bigger than others. This one is obviously a big gamble. It could hamper their cap in the future if it ends up being a Ftiz situation. But be bold be aggressive and hope it all pans out. I also like the deal as it leaves the franchise tag open to use on Gilmore. I know Gilimore isn't going to sign a tag but if you tag him you give yourselves a chance to trade him.

If your going to give him a new contract this is certainly the way to do it. A short term bridge deal would have been more restrictive on the cap. Many mentions of team options which is a good thing, they have nothing behind TT but a long term project in Cardale and staring at the tag price next year for a QB. This actually lessens the risk, he is under team control on a mid-level deal and even if he takes a step back this price is acceptable until you can find another option.

Congrats TT!

That's true but some are bigger than others. This one is obviously a big gamble. It could hamper their cap in the future if it ends up being a Ftiz situation. But be bold be aggressive and hope it all pans out. I also like the deal as it leaves the franchise tag open to use on Gilmore. I know Gilimore isn't going to sign a tag but if you tag him you give yourselves a chance to trade him.

If you want to win you gotta pay for the unicorn QBs

Official numbers , Wow. Whaley basically putting his career in the hands of Tyrod Taylor.

That is extremely team friendly for a QB these days...Either you are unaware of how much even below average QBs make these days or you must think Tyrod is in the bottom of the NFL at QB...not sure which is worse

the safe play

This makes me think back about the Clay restructure. I wonder if they were confident they could get the deal done and needed money this year.

No it was just a common sense move to spread it out over multi years so they had money available for FAs which they didn't know how much they would run at the time...

This move was done to not potentially have 2 FAs(Taylor and Gilmore) next off season with only one franchise tag

I hope he gets every penny in that contract. It means his numbers were just that good.

Even if he does perform well and hits all of his incentives, he'll still make under $17 million a year. As ridiculous as this may sound, that is still a very good amount for a starting QB.

100 million? That's alot of coin for a guy that started one year. Good for him but NFL salaries, and all professional sports for that matter, are absurd. America, where did your common sense go?

Edited by DDD

Do you ever get tired of being miserable? It has to get old even for you to always look at the negative side of things.

I don't always. Don't hate me for not wanting to lock him up long term yesterday, and not changing my mind the second they do.

If you think this is a great deal, that's more than fine. I just disagree.

Now that he's rich he's gonna beat the Alex Smiths and Sam Bradfords or nah ?

Or will our defense beat them?

I don't always. Don't hate me for not wanting to lock him up long term yesterday, and not changing my mind the second they do.

If you think this is a great deal, that's more than fine. I just disagree.

Your welcome to your take Chan

It is my hope that very soon you wont feel that weay