Rams release Nick Foles--update signs with KC

• Replies 158
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Rob Johnson was actually not that bad of a QB

Its just that he would sneeze and fracture a rib

Why couldn't have Rob been the next great one <_< , would have save a lot of frustration and heart ache :(

Run 8 base plays (to left and then right alternately) at warp speed.

lol, yep and who needs reads anyways just throw it to the first guy or run.

They cut Mario and it cost them 7 million in dead money on the cap....and they "really CAN'T CUT EJ!" because it would cost them 1.6 million? Even if his replacement is a better player, the Bills HAVE TO KEEP EJ! because his salary is guaranteed?

Check out their cap numbers. Tight. Wouldn't make sense to cut a backup you are already paying for a guy who really isn't any better.

Thread title is incredibly misleading. I've read nothing on here that the Bills are a likely landing spot.

jason Cole tweet from yesterday says they are one of 4 teams. Carucci says no. Both tweets are in the thread. Edited by YoloinOhio

Check out their cap numbers. Tight. Wouldn't make sense to cut a backup you are already paying for a guy who really isn't any better.

Well if they thought his replacement IS better (as I suggested in my post) then it wouldn't make sense to keep the inferior player just to save a (relatively) tiny amount of money.

It doesn't make sense. EJ is a sunk cost for this year so why cut him? Ones then becomes a waste of money given he only had one good year. He was atrocious in St. Louis.

Because EJ has had only zero good years and singlehandedly loses games.

jason Cole tweet from yesterday says they are one of 4 teams. Carucci says no. Both tweets are in the thread.

Even if just 4 teams are/were involved, that's a 25% chance he lands with any 1 team. 25% is hardly a "likely" chance, but rather a potential chance.

But anyways, even "potential" would be a poor word choice at this point.

Edited by Saint Doug

Your kidding right?

Foles is a special kind of awful. hes had like 12 good games, 3 years ago

As they may be saying about Tyrod Taylor, c. July 2018. Those 12 games were hell of good though ... as Bill James said about baseball, as long as a player has had at least one good year in the past 5, some GM will sign him ... Foles is still young, he'll get a couple more chances, and I wouldn't be shocked if he turns in a few good years somewhere. I'd take him in a second over EJ.

Because EJ has had only zero good years and singlehandedly loses games.

As much as you are right about EJ, Nick Foles lost the Rams games last year. He was staggeringly bad at times.

I still think he is an upgrade on what we have but I do see the other side and the cost / benefit factor is finely balanced for me.

@AdamSchefter

The two teams the Rams discussed a potential Nick Foles trade with before the draft were Buffalo and Dallas, which now needs a backup QB.

@thadbrown7

Thad Brown Retweeted Adam Schefter

Kellen Moore, who made his first start v #Bills, broke ankle tonight. Wonder how far trade talks with Bills went

Trade talks for who? EJ? Why would they trade for EJ when they could bring in Foles without a trade? I don't follow.