Let's Make The Buffalo Bills' Image Sparkle !!!

The Bills have a great marketing opportunity staring them in the face. This will make more sense if I give you a little background first. I know I can be a little (??!!??) wordy, but this an important topic.[/size]

Buffalo and the Bills clearly have an image problem. The Bills could be really good this year, but the national news media (and therefore the general public) hears Buffalo Bills, and what do they think? C'mom, admit it. You know they think losers of four straight Super Bowls and blizzards. Even the NFL Commissioner gets on Buffalo's case about the condition of our stadium. But the Bills now have a golden opportunity to completely turn Buffalo's public image around. Let me explain.

You know why Los Angeles has a sparkling media image these days? It wasn't always that way. I'll tell you why it changed. One day Magic Johnson of the Lakers took a bold step, and changed the image of Los Angeles forever. As a professional athlete of a major sport (not as big as the NFL, but still major), Magic grabbed the bully pulpit available to him. During some of the scariest days of the AIDS epidemic, he held a press conference, and became a "spokesman for the virus."

Bravo, Magic. Public awareness was heightened, and research funding increased many times over. While AIDS wasn't cured, it became a manageable disease that is no longer a death sentence. Los Angeles and the Lakers still basque in the glow of that bright shining moment.

So what does that have to do with the Bills? Well, the Summer Olympics in Rio start in less than a month, and now another terrible virus has raised its ugly face. This time, it's the zika virus. Do you know much about it? I'm guessing probably not. And you know why? Because totally apart from the fact that they gave it a name that sounds like an appetizer in a Greek restaurant, the zika virus has no spokesman. That's right, nobody, and I mean nobody, speaks for the zika virus.

But nature abwhores a vacuum, so somebody is going to step into that void. If not Buffalo and the Bills, then who? If not now, when?

Wouldn't it be great if Buffalo and the Bills were associated with curing the zika virus, and maybe saving the Summer Olympics in the process? Wouldn't it be wonderful if the next time you mentioned the Buffalo Bills to your friends and neighbors, they replied how great a public service the city and team did by raising awareness of the zika virus and helping to raise funds that led to a cure? Wouldn't that be far better than having to endure snide remarks about the 4 Super Bowl losses and the snow?

It's within our grasp, people. Who better to grab the bully pulpit and speak for the zika virus than a player on the team that Rex promised to build into bully? Marquell Goodwin is an obvious choice for the zika virus spokesman role, because he's already been to the Olympic games, and since he failed to qualify this year, he's got some time on his hands before training camp starts. Some will say that he won't even make the Bills team this year, either, and why should we make a likely two-time loser a spokesman for the virus. But that ignores history. Magic retired, and was no longer a member of the Lakers, when he became a spokesman for the AIDS virus. And just like Goodwin, he had been to the Olympic games before becoming the virus spokesman. Despite all that, the money flowed in and the disease ultimately became manageable.

Besides, Goodwin competed in the long jump, which must have been one of the events in the original, truly athletic Olympic games conducted in ancient Greece. It's not a disgrace like it would be if he failed at something wussy like synchronized swimming or rhythmic gymnastics. So I think he's qualified for the job.

So what do you think? Are the Bills savvy enough to step up the plate and change the team's and city's image for the better? Or are we all doomed to the same snide remarks from friends and neighbors while babies keep getting born with birth defects?

And if you don't want Glass Goodwin in the harsh spotlight of the zika virus spokesman role, which Bills player do you think is best suited for the job? Do we have any players with Greek ancestry - - seems like that might be even better?

I know where I come out on this issue - - how about you? Let's get back to being proud of Buffalo and our Bills !!! Please convince Marquell to make it happen, Pegs.

• Replies 51
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Get some rest pal.

The Goodwin connection doesn't make sense as he didn't' make the Olympics, and he has a solid shot he gets cut from the team. It's not a disease unique to Brazil, but more so to mosquito bites which is anywhere tropical, and they expect to have a vaccine in the next two years.

I don't see any Bills connection and don't know why the team should become a spokesperson for awareness of this disease. If you want the team to to continue awareness and donations for a cure, it makes a lot more sense with cancer given our greatest Bill is still dealing with the aftermath, or domestic violence given OJ's behavior.

If a player wants to take this on who has a personal connection with his audience so be it, but sounds more like it is a passion for you. That's great and wish you well creating your own awareness for this virus. I'm confident the millions that need to be innoculated will be more than enough motivation for the vaccine divisions of the Pharma and Biotech world to find a cure. Cures don't typically happen from the NIH or WHO, they happen from industry. There is a huge market as it is a concern, and govts socializ d medicine programs in the heaviest affected countries will want to buy these clinically proven vaccines.

Step 1 - decide what alternate color the Bills (and the NFL) will wear for a month to raise awareness (I vote purple)

Step 2 - Decide what month to raise awareness (not October cause that's already taken by breat cancer)

Step 3 - ?

Step 4 - cure for Zika found

Step 1 - decide what alternate color the Bills (and the NFL) will wear for a month to raise awareness (I vote purple)Step 2 - Decide what month to raise awareness (not October cause that's already taken by breat cancer)Step 3 - ?Step 4 - cure for Zika found

Step 3 = unveil a Zika mascot of course.

Step 1 - decide what alternate color the Bills (and the NFL) will wear for a month to raise awareness (I vote purple)

Step 2 - Decide what month to raise awareness (not October cause that's already taken by breat cancer)

Step 3 - ?

Step 5 - Find an old plastic bucket and put 6 beer bottles in it.

Step 6 - Get a hammer and crush all the bottles into little pieces of broken glass.

Step 7 - Give your phone to a buddy to film you.

Step 8 - Hold the bucket over your head and repeat the following: "I hereby accept the "Bucket of Shattered Glass Challenge" to raise awareness for Mar-Zika and others who suffer from infantile calcium deficiencies" then pour the shards of glass over your head and limbs.

Step 9 - Clear blood from your eyes and post on Facebook.

Step 10 - Nominate Beerball and Gugny.

The Bills have a great marketing opportunity staring them in the face. This will make more sense if I give you a little background first. I know I can be a little (??!!??) wordy, but this an important topic.[/size]

Buffalo and the Bills clearly have an image problem. The Bills could be really good this year, but the national news media (and therefore the general public) hears Buffalo Bills, and what do they think? C'mom, admit it. You know they think losers of four straight Super Bowls and blizzards. Even the NFL Commissioner gets on Buffalo's case about the condition of our stadium. But the Bills now have a golden opportunity to completely turn Buffalo's public image around. Let me explain.

You know why Los Angeles has a sparkling media image these days? It wasn't always that way. I'll tell you why it changed. One day Magic Johnson of the Lakers took a bold step, and changed the image of Los Angeles forever. As a professional athlete of a major sport (not as big as the NFL, but still major), Magic grabbed the bully pulpit available to him. During some of the scariest days of the AIDS epidemic, he held a press conference, and became a "spokesman for the virus."

Bravo, Magic. Public awareness was heightened, and research funding increased many times over. While AIDS wasn't cured, it became a manageable disease that is no longer a death sentence. Los Angeles and the Lakers still basque in the glow of that bright shining moment.

So what does that have to do with the Bills? Well, the Summer Olympics in Rio start in less than a month, and now another terrible virus has raised its ugly face. This time, it's the zika virus. Do you know much about it? I'm guessing probably not. And you know why? Because totally apart from the fact that they gave it a name that sounds like an appetizer in a Greek restaurant, the zika virus has no spokesman. That's right, nobody, and I mean nobody, speaks for the zika virus.

But nature abwhores a vacuum, so somebody is going to step into that void. If not Buffalo and the Bills, then who? If not now, when?

Wouldn't it be great if Buffalo and the Bills were associated with curing the zika virus, and maybe saving the Summer Olympics in the process? Wouldn't it be wonderful if the next time you mentioned the Buffalo Bills to your friends and neighbors, they replied how great a public service the city and team did by raising awareness of the zika virus and helping to raise funds that led to a cure? Wouldn't that be far better than having to endure snide remarks about the 4 Super Bowl losses and the snow?

It's within our grasp, people. Who better to grab the bully pulpit and speak for the zika virus than a player on the team that Rex promised to build into bully? Marquell Goodwin is an obvious choice for the zika virus spokesman role, because he's already been to the Olympic games, and since he failed to qualify this year, he's got some time on his hands before training camp starts. Some will say that he won't even make the Bills team this year, either, and why should we make a likely two-time loser a spokesman for the virus. But that ignores history. Magic retired, and was no longer a member of the Lakers, when he became a spokesman for the AIDS virus. And just like Goodwin, he had been to the Olympic games before becoming the virus spokesman. Despite all that, the money flowed in and the disease ultimately became manageable.

Besides, Goodwin competed in the long jump, which must have been one of the events in the original, truly athletic Olympic games conducted in ancient Greece. It's not a disgrace like it would be if he failed at something wussy like synchronized swimming or rhythmic gymnastics. So I think he's qualified for the job.

So what do you think? Are the Bills savvy enough to step up the plate and change the team's and city's image for the better? Or are we all doomed to the same snide remarks from friends and neighbors while babies keep getting born with birth defects?

And if you don't want Glass Goodwin in the harsh spotlight of the zika virus spokesman role, which Bills player do you think is best suited for the job? Do we have any players with Greek ancestry - - seems like that might be even better?

I know where I come out on this issue - - how about you? Let's get back to being proud of Buffalo and our Bills !!! Please convince Marquell to make it happen, Pegs.

That post is way too long for me to read all of it.

But... are you suggesting we send one of our players down to South America to contract the Zika virus???

Wow, you need to go see my matrix posts over in the movie thread.

the Bills aren't here to save the world and winning takes care of our loser image.

#youcansleepwhileyouarealivetoo

:lol:

TBDism worthy!

what would be the ism exactly?

Get some rest pal.

The Goodwin connection doesn't make sense as he didn't' make the Olympics, and he has a solid shot he gets cut from the team. It's not a disease unique to Brazil, but more so to mosquito bites which is anywhere tropical, and they expect to have a vaccine in the next two years.

I don't see any Bills connection and don't know why the team should become a spokesperson for awareness of this disease. If you want the team to to continue awareness and donations for a cure, it makes a lot more sense with cancer given our greatest Bill is still dealing with the aftermath, or domestic violence given OJ's behavior.

If a player wants to take this on who has a personal connection with his audience so be it, but sounds more like it is a passion for you. That's great and wish you well creating your own awareness for this virus. I'm confident the millions that need to be innoculated will be more than enough motivation for the vaccine divisions of the Pharma and Biotech world to find a cure. Cures don't typically happen from the NIH or WHO, they happen from industry. There is a huge market as it is a concern, and govts socializ d medicine programs in the heaviest affected countries will want to buy these clinically proven vaccines.

Well said my friend.

Step 3 - ?

Step 1 - cut a hole in a box...

The Bills have a great marketing opportunity staring them in the face. This will make more sense if I give you a little background first. I know I can be a little (??!!??) wordy, but this an important topic.[/size] Buffalo and the Bills clearly have an image problem. The Bills could be really good this year, but the national news media (and therefore the general public) hears Buffalo Bills, and what do they think? C'mom, admit it. You know they think losers of four straight Super Bowls and blizzards. Even the NFL Commissioner gets on Buffalo's case about the condition of our stadium. But the Bills now have a golden opportunity to completely turn Buffalo's public image around. Let me explain. You know why Los Angeles has a sparkling media image these days? It wasn't always that way. I'll tell you why it changed. One day Magic Johnson of the Lakers took a bold step, and changed the image of Los Angeles forever. As a professional athlete of a major sport (not as big as the NFL, but still major), Magic grabbed the bully pulpit available to him. During some of the scariest days of the AIDS epidemic, he held a press conference, and became a "spokesman for the virus." Bravo, Magic. Public awareness was heightened, and research funding increased many times over. While AIDS wasn't cured, it became a manageable disease that is no longer a death sentence. Los Angeles and the Lakers still basque in the glow of that bright shining moment. So what does that have to do with the Bills? Well, the Summer Olympics in Rio start in less than a month, and now another terrible virus has raised its ugly face. This time, it's the zika virus. Do you know much about it? I'm guessing probably not. And you know why? Because totally apart from the fact that they gave it a name that sounds like an appetizer in a Greek restaurant, the zika virus has no spokesman. That's right, nobody, and I mean nobody, speaks for the zika virus. But nature abwhores a vacuum, so somebody is going to step into that void. If not Buffalo and the Bills, then who? If not now, when? Wouldn't it be great if Buffalo and the Bills were associated with curing the zika virus, and maybe saving the Summer Olympics in the process? Wouldn't it be wonderful if the next time you mentioned the Buffalo Bills to your friends and neighbors, they replied how great a public service the city and team did by raising awareness of the zika virus and helping to raise funds that led to a cure? Wouldn't that be far better than having to endure snide remarks about the 4 Super Bowl losses and the snow? It's within our grasp, people. Who better to grab the bully pulpit and speak for the zika virus than a player on the team that Rex promised to build into bully? Marquell Goodwin is an obvious choice for the zika virus spokesman role, because he's already been to the Olympic games, and since he failed to qualify this year, he's got some time on his hands before training camp starts. Some will say that he won't even make the Bills team this year, either, and why should we make a likely two-time loser a spokesman for the virus. But that ignores history. Magic retired, and was no longer a member of the Lakers, when he became a spokesman for the AIDS virus. And just like Goodwin, he had been to the Olympic games before becoming the virus spokesman. Despite all that, the money flowed in and the disease ultimately became manageable. Besides, Goodwin competed in the long jump, which must have been one of the events in the original, truly athletic Olympic games conducted in ancient Greece. It's not a disgrace like it would be if he failed at something wussy like synchronized swimming or rhythmic gymnastics. So I think he's qualified for the job. So what do you think? Are the Bills savvy enough to step up the plate and change the team's and city's image for the better? Or are we all doomed to the same snide remarks from friends and neighbors while babies keep getting born with birth defects? And if you don't want Glass Goodwin in the harsh spotlight of the zika virus spokesman role, which Bills player do you think is best suited for the job? Do we have any players with Greek ancestry - - seems like that might be even better? I know where I come out on this issue - - how about you? Let's get back to being proud of Buffalo and our Bills !!! Please convince Marquell to make it happen, Pegs.

Wait....... I read here that the Bills are moving to Toronto to be called the Toronto Buffaloes. So this better happen fast............