Tom Dempsey

Phil Hansen

Joe Cribs

Shane Conlan

Cornelius Bennett

James Loften

Eric Moulds

But if if I have to pick one it's Jim Kelly

Henry Jones and KUrt Schulz remind me of good times, but I was at a perfect age - as a kid who enjoyed all the wins and the names and faces while not knowing who was responsible for the loses.

• Replies 62
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Henry Jones and KUrt Schulz remind me of good times, but I was at a perfect age - as a kid who enjoyed all the wins and the names and faces while not knowing who was responsible for the loses.

The responsibility lies with the smoking man from the X Files.

OJ as a player.

FJ as a man and player.

Honorable mentions to Stevie Johnson and Anthony Hargrove. Both guys would interact with the crowd as we leaned over the wall during warm ups, and would give a long row of high fives before leaving the field. I'm 57 now and that made me feel like a kid again!

Flutie. He at least won enough games to get us into the freakin playoffs. Haven't seen much of that since. But probably Tyrod going forward. Tyrod is clutch like Flutie was.

I like the Flutie-Tyrod comps for the reason you just mentioned. Makes big plays at crucial times. Game day players...

Jim Kelly I mean the way he fell in love with Buffalo when he got here.

Even when he retired, he could have moved some place nice and warm but he stayed and is still an active part of the community as well as the Bills organization

Honorable mention to Brian Moorman

CBF

OJ as a player.

FJ as a man and player.

Honorable mentions to Stevie Johnson and Anthony Hargrove. Both guys would interact with the crowd as we leaned over the wall during warm ups, and would give a long row of high fives before leaving the field. I'm 57 now and that made me feel like a kid again!

I've got to agree with this. When OJ was in the game, you couldn't take your eyes off him. Fans in the stands would leap to their feet when he received a handoff. He seemed to be a threat to score on every play. He was at another level.

Freddy - what a great guy and a very good player in his prime.

Honorable mention... Bobby Chandler because I viewed myself as a WR with good hands. Roland Hooks for rising out of obscurity from time to time to deliver crucial plays. Cookie for his fire.

Kent Hull should get an honorable mention too.

For me though it's Steve Tasker.

He was the most versatile player we've ever had. He's arguably the best special teams player of all-time NFL wide. 7 Pro Bowls.

He specialized on punt/kick coverages, kick in particular and was exceptional at that. It's a very unheralded position w/o many stats to be able to establish greatness.

He was able to contribute at very key times on offense as a WR too. In regular season play he had 51 receptions with 9 TDs, which is sick.

He wasn't big at 5'9" and he wasn't the fastest which makes his contributions all that much more notable. Reminds me of Rob Ray in some ways except he was better in the NFL than Ray was in the NHL, but they had similar energy and were both momentum inducers.

Kent Hull should get an honorable mention too.

For me though it's Steve Tasker.

He was the most versatile player we've ever had. He's arguably the best special teams player of all-time NFL wide. 7 Pro Bowls.

He specialized on punt/kick coverages, kick in particular and was exceptional at that. It's a very unheralded position w/o many stats to be able to establish greatness.

He was able to contribute at very key times on offense as a WR too. In regular season play he had 51 receptions with 9 TDs, which is sick.

He wasn't big at 5'9" and he wasn't the fastest which makes his contributions all that much more notable. Reminds me of Rob Ray in some ways except he was better in the NFL than Ray was in the NHL, but they had similar energy and were both momentum inducers.

Steve Tasker is DEAD to me. DEAD.