Topic of the day from driddles--tom brady announces

• Replies 65
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Tom Brady is great and I'll say it - type it - whatever. There's something about the guy that just makes me not revere him like the other greats. I guess the easy reason is the division thing but I think it's more than that. I think I tie him into Belichick's attitude, his owners smugness and bloated importance to the game, the cheating things (one involving him).

He's great, they're great - I would not stand and applaud any of these people.

Edited by Triple Threat

Football games don't seem to lend themselves to this. Rarely do we know a player is in his last year.

I appreciate his greatness and have watched more of his career than any other player ever.....we see him twice a year, he's always deep into the playoffs and has been since 2001.

But I would never applaud in the Ralph for him, unless he was on a board, immobilized, and finally raised his arms to signal he's OK.

The odds of being at that game are so miniscule, but as mentioned above, if I was at home I would figuratively give him his due... I try not to hate greatness, but sometimes it's difficult.

Don't you think/get the feeling there's a little bit of something besides greatness about that whole organization?