John Murphy Show Moving to Noon

• Replies 114
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I know it's who pays him, but Murph is just too much of a cheerleader on this show for me to really like it. I happen to catch some of it most every night - last night, he's saying how ridiculous it is that anybody could say that Rex is on the hot seat and it's only June.

He better be on the hot seat, IMO.

I know it's who pays him, but Murph is just too much of a cheerleader on this show for me to really like it. I happen to catch some of it most every night - last night, he's saying how ridiculous it is that anybody could say that Rex is on the hot seat and it's only June.

He better be on the hot seat, IMO.

well....what if he isnt on the hot seat

What if pegula doesnt agree with the Merry go Round head coach approach?

I know it's who pays him, but Murph is just too much of a cheerleader on this show for me to really like it.

Totally agree with this specific take...And I get that he has to walk a fine line...But good grief...

I also feel he is wrong a lot...I mean A LOT...And maybe some of the more hardcore folks here understand what I mean by this...I'm really not trying to be a jerk either...But I don't feel the guy is nearly as knowledgeable about...well actual football as a person with his job should be...I think Sal would be 100% better in that position...And I mean that very sincerely and respectfully...I get what JM has done and who he is...I respect him...I just don't think he's that good... B-)

well....what if he isnt on the hot seat

What if pegula doesnt agree with the Merry go Round head coach approach?

I don't care. It's not ridiculous to talk about him being on the hot seat. Jim Kelly thinks he is, and he gets paid by the Bills

Totally agree with this specific take...And I get that he has to walk a fine line...But good grief...

I also feel he is wrong a lot...I mean A LOT...And maybe some of the more hardcore folks here understand what I mean by this...I'm really not trying to be a jerk either...But I don't feel the guy is nearly as knowledgeable about...well actual football as a person with his job should be...I think Sal would be 100% better in that position...And I mean that very sincerely and respectfully...I get what JM has done and who he is...I respect him...I just don't think he's that good... B-)

I don't know if he's wrong about stuff because he's towing the company line, or if he really thinks the things he says. I like Murph but Adam Carolla always calls this "stupid or liar?"

It seems like there is a lot of movement towards the growth of Pegula Sports/Entertainment. IMO they are going to be rolling out a deal for MSG WNY sometime in the next year. I think the Murphy show will be telecast/simulcast.

To me, I think Murphy does a heck of a job. Yes, he is an employee and usually tows the company line. He does it in a very professional manner and that show is put together really well. He touches on the entire league and does it well. Also has very intelligent monologue/dialogue about the Bills/team. I think he also runs a very good interview.

The rest of WGR is so cynical for the most part. Host A takes this point of view, Host B takes the other point of view.... let's take callers and beat the topic into the ground and repeat tomorrow. A "state radio" program is actually refreshing to me. Im not a big fan of Sal either. He takes his opinion (which is almost always in favor of the team) and yells about it into the mic and gives listeners headaches.

edit: well there we go

http://www.diebytheblade.com/2016/6/15/11943104/are-pegulas-hiring-for-western-new-york-regional-sports-network

Edited by May Day 10

Murph is just so blah to me - boring - and never says anything interesting. When he takes calls it's the worst because it's usually prefaced with him saying he wants to get everyone's take on a particular topic - followed by him taking calls and saying either the callers take is correct or wrong, zzzzz.

Maybe it's gotten better because it's been a while. Good guy, loves the Bills, but I just cannot listen to him anymore. I listen to Howard's show podcast from the app.