John Murphy Show Moving to Noon

• Replies 114
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

The Kim Jones interview to me was slow torture. Listening to Murph have to pretend she knows the team and coaching staff better than he or the listeners do was a tough listen. The Jets defense looks better - the Bills look better. Oh man.

Maybe she's got something for the NFL Network show more interesting.

who is it? I haven't checked it out yet. Nate Geary?

That sounds about right. I tuned in a few times tonight for a few minutes at a time, and it sounded like they had at least 2-3 guys now. It was going much smoother - unless they were playing something from earlier in the day, although I didn't recognize any of the voices, so probably not.

I did happen to hear the brit guy from Pro Football Outsiders on the John Murphy show last night...he didn't sound too impressed with the Bills...went on about the great atmosphere, but thought the Bills ran a pretty lazy practice...raved about the Steelers and Browns practices, how efficient they were, not a lot of standing around...

ASHTON YOUBOTY: "IT'S A LEARNING OPPORTUNITY" (10:33)

Former Bills CB Ashton Youboty stopped by the John Murphy Show to discuss his Nunn-Wooten Scouting Fellowship with the team and his time in the NFL and his memories of night practices at St. John Fisher College.

DON BANKS: "I BELIEVE IN REX'S STYLE OF DEFENSE" (13:55)

Don Banks from Sports Illustrated joined The John Murphy Show to weigh-in with his prediction for the Bills record for the upcoming season. Banks also talked about Tyrod Taylor, Rex Ryan's defense, and outlook of the AFC East.

Preston Brown: "It's a linebacker driven defense" (13:16)
Bills LB Preston Brown joined The John Murphy Show to talk about the changes in Rex Ryan's defense this year, his improvement in being a vocal leader, and his early thoughts on rookie teammate Reggie Ragland.

Marv Levy: "It's a fantastic experience" (9:52)
Bills HOF Coach Marv Levy called in to The John Murphy Show to discuss his role this weekend presenting Hall of Fame Inductee Dick Stanfel, the long-time guard and coach. Levy also talked about Bruce Smith's number retiring this fall.

Jim Kelly: "I'm excited about this year" (11:21)
Bills Hall of Fame QB Jim Kelly joined The John Murphy Show to weigh-in with his thoughts from last night's training camp practice, what impresses him about Tyrod Taylor, and his return to Canton this weekend for the Pro Football HOF Ceremony.

@WGR550

Monos likes the depth of the Bills' roster http://bit.ly/2aJgF70

Wednesday is the first off-day for the Buffalo Bills at training camp at St. John Fisher. This after the team held its first night practice of camp on Tuesday.

Through the first few days of camp, the Bills have stayed relatively healthy, and many players have shown some early brilliance as they try to make the 53-man roster.

Bills Director of Player Personnel Jim Monos took the time to join the John Murphy Show on Wednesday afternoon, and has been thoroughly impressed with the way some of the depth players have performed in the early days of camp.

Aaron Kromer: "It's a credit to our leadership" (17:50)
Bills Offensive Line coach Aaron Kromer sat down on The John Murphy Show to discuss the return of the offensive line and the new additions. Kromer also went in-depth about veterans helping younger players grow and how he wants the line to improve this year.

Brandon Spikes: "I'm ready to go prove myself" (8:59)
Newly signed LB Brandon Spikes stopped by The John Murphy Show to talk about his return to the Bills. Spikes also discussed his time away from football and what he learned in New England.

Matthew Coller is the hidden gem on WGR. Very smart, very analytical, you feel like a smarter fan after you listen to him.

Also strongly disagree. Coller is that guy who dazzles you with analytics but it's actually BS, and he's hoping you don't notice.