Sabres & NHL 2016-17 - Victor Antipin Signs One Year Deal

Any one of Franson, Gorges, or Bogo can sit in favor of Falk tomorrow. Especially Gorges in a back to back scenario. Doubt Bylsma has the stones.

I agree. Falk has been playing well in his own end lately. Gorges is just sad.

Fedun got waived, which surprised me. I doubt he clears.

• Replies 4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

JGhFP_xN_200x200.jpgVS. 7x0FMbmZ_200x200.jpg

BLACKHAWKS (35-18-5) at SABRES (26-23-10)

SUN FEB 19, 2017 @ 6:00 PM ET

TV: NBCSN

RADIO: WGR 550

Sabres Digital Press Box Game Preview

CURRENT INJURIES – (Man Games Lost: 291)

Player (injury, first game missed) – total games missed
Cody McCormick (blood clots, Oct. 13; injured reserve) – 59 games
Johan Larsson (wrist, Jan. 3; injured reserve) – 23 games
William Carrier (knee, Feb.4; injured reserve) – 9 games
Zemgus Girgensons (middle body, Feb. 9; injured reserve) – 6 games
Derek Grant (shoulder, Feb. 18; injured reserve) – 1 game
Sam Reinhart (illness, Feb. 18) – 1 game

TRANSACTIONS IN PAST 7 DAYS
2/12: Activated D Zach Bogosian from IR; Placed F Zemgus Girgensons on IR
2/18: Recalled F Nicholas Baptiste from Rochester (AHL); Placed F Derek Grant on IR

UPCOMING GAMES
Saturday, Feb. 25: Buffalo at Colorado, 10 p.m.
Sunday, Feb. 26: Buffalo at Arizona, 8:30 p.m.
Tuesday, Feb. 28: Nashville at Buffalo, 7 p.m.
Thursday, March 2: Arizona at Buffalo, 7 p.m.
Saturday, March 4: Tampa Bay at Buffalo, 7 p.m.

TONIGHT’S GAME

BLACKHAWKS AT SABRES
This is the second of two meetings between the Sabres and Blackhawks this season.
Last meeting: Chicago defeated Buffalo 4-3 (OT) in Chicago on Jan. 5.
The Sabres are 0-8-2 in their last 10 games vs. the Blackhawks, 5-4-1 at home.
This is the 119th game all-time between Buffalo and Chicago; Buffalo has a 53-50-15 series record.
The Sabres are 34-17-8 at home against the Blackhawks all-time.

Dan Bylsma Media Availability: February 19, 2017 at 3:30 pm at KeyBank Center

@BuffaloSabres

"We stuck with it, we stayed confident." Sabres pick up 2 more points: http://bufsabres.co/Koq2iu

C4-6efnVcAARtRm.jpg

@NHLBlackhawks

That's it for this one. The #Blackhawks fall 3-1 to the Oilers. #CHIvsEDM

C4_sEU4VUAEImD8.jpg
Edited by 26CornerBlitz

Would be great if they can get at least a point today vs. Chicago...not out of this at all.

Obviously they're not a true Cup contender yet but snagging even an 8 seed after what we've been through the last several years would be so huge.

Would be great if they can get at least a point today vs. Chicago...not out of this at all.

Obviously they're not a true Cup contender yet but snagging even an 8 seed after what we've been through the last several years would be so huge.

Good news is Chicago played a tough 7 pm game last night then had to travel. Never easy to beat the Blackhawks, but they should be a tired bunch.

Would be great to get two - even if it comes in overtime, since Chicago isn't in the conference. This team hasn't shown an ability to sustain success. I'm hoping they play all out at home in their last game before their break. They didn't show up in the last game before the all-star break, maybe they learned a lesson in that. The next test will be to see how they come out of the break. Most teams have lost coming off their "bye week".

Would be great to get two - even if it comes in overtime, since Chicago isn't in the conference. This team hasn't shown an ability to sustain success. I'm hoping they play all out at home in their last game before their break. They didn't show up in the last game before the all-star break, maybe they learned a lesson in that. The next test will be to see how they come out of the break. Most teams have lost coming off their "bye week".

Yeah, five teams came off of their bye week yesterday (including the Blackhawks), all five lost.

The record for teams coming out of the bye week is something like 3 wins out of 10 games.

When you look at the standings there is such a large group of teams vying for the few remaining playoff spots. I would love to see the Sabres earn a spot because the fans really deserve it. But regardless if the team qualifies for it or not playing meaningful games with a sense of desperation as the season is exciting to follow.