Sabres & NHL 2016-17 - Victor Antipin Signs One Year Deal

Nylander is 18 yrs old and the youngest player in the AHL. He is at least another year or two away from being ready. It's going to take time for him to physically mature and be ready for the rigors of the NHL. This is case where by being patient you are being smart. Trust the process!

Oh I agree.

I just didn't expect him to look so slight. I'm sure he will be fine, and I can wait for that. Comes from a good background that knows what it takes to get into and succeed in the NHL.

• Replies 4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Watching it now. Two teams very similar.

I'm going to msg on Sunday vs blue jackets.

Leafs definitely on heels back half of 2nd. Bad night for the boys so far, but third periods to go!

and Criminy..i am tough on the crowds in Buffalo..ACC might be worse. Place is dead the whole night..i know corporate and all, but still weird how silent that place is in a 1-0 game with leafs fighting for a spot.

wow, both the goalies been great...great 1-1 game going into shootout..and i am still watching

Edited by plenzmd1

Leafs definitely on heels back half of 2nd. Bad night for the boys so far, but third periods to go!

and Criminy..i am tough on the crowds in Buffalo..ACC might be worse. Place is dead the whole night..i know corporate and all, but still weird how silent that place is in a 1-0 game with leafs fighting for a spot.

wow, both the goalies been great...great 1-1 game going into shootout..and i am still watching

NYR are my adopted local team.

I've always liked watching the Leafs play. I love watching them lose.

And that "go leafs go" chant late in the third was weak.

NYR are my adopted local team.

I've always liked watching the Leafs play. I love watching them lose.

And that "go leafs go" chant late in the third was weak.

Yes it was. Least they only get a point.

Montreal is going to miss the playoffs :lol:

Man, when they go bad, they go really bad.

@Matt_Bove

If GMTM & #Sabres do trade Evander Kane, they better get a REALLY nice return. If they can't, they should keep him.

https://t.co/owEvTi0EhA

The ONLY return I'd qualify as "nice" is a top two defenseman currently playing as well at his position as Kane is currently playing his.

Unfortunately, anywhere that player may currently exist will not be made available by the team he is playing for. We simply will not get commensurate value, no matter how many future picks and/or prospects teams dangle before us.

What does it mean that this city was off limits?

Nizhnekamsk is home to a petrochemical plant, and the city was off-limits to visitors.

“My experience last year in Russia was something like you read about in books,” he said. “You don’t believe it’s true until you go over there and experience it for yourself firsthand. You tell people stories, and they’re just like, ‘Wow.’

“Until you experience life in Russia, you take for granted how good it is here. I’m not saying all of Russia, but certain parts of it are everything you hear about.”

7x0FMbmZ_200x200.jpgVS. yzeYY0Yz_200x200.jpg

AVALANCHE (16-40-3) at SABRES (26-24-10)

SAT FEB 25, 2017 @ 10:00 PM ET

TV: MSG-B

RADIO: WGR 550

Sabres Digital Press Box Game Preview

CURRENT INJURIES – (Man Games Lost: 297)

Player (injury, first game missed) – total games missed
Cody McCormick (blood clots, Oct. 13; injured reserve) – 60 games
Johan Larsson (wrist, Jan. 3; injured reserve) – 24 games
William Carrier (knee, Feb.4; injured reserve) – 10 games
Zemgus Girgensons (middle body, Feb. 9) – 7 games
Sam Reinhart (illness, Feb. 18) – 2 games

TRANSACTIONS IN PAST 7 DAYS
2/19: Assigned D Taylor Fedun to Rochester (AHL)
2/20: Assigned F Justin Bailey, F Nicholas Baptiste and F Evan Rodrigues to Rochester (AHL)
2/24: Recalled F Justin Bailey and F Evan Rodrigues from Rochester (AHL); Activated F Zemgus Girgensons from IR; Assigned F Derek Grant to Rochester

UPCOMING GAMES
Sunday, Feb. 26: Buffalo at Arizona, 8:30 p.m.
Tuesday, Feb. 28: Nashville at Buffalo, 7 p.m.
Thursday, March 2: Arizona at Buffalo, 7 p.m.
Saturday, March 4: Tampa Bay at Buffalo, 7 p.m.
Sunday, March 5: Buffalo at Pittsburgh, 5 p.m.

TONIGHT’S GAME

SABRES AT AVALANCHE
This is the second of two meetings between the Sabres and Avalanche this season.
Last meeting: Buffalo defeated Colorado 2-0 in Buffalo on Feb. 16
The Sabres are 2-5-3 in their last 10 games vs. the Avalanche; 4-4-2 on the road.
This is the 141st game all-time between Buffalo and Colorado; Buffalo has a 61-55-24 series record.
The Sabres are 23-34-13 on the road against the Avalanche all-time.

Morning Skate: February 25, 2017 at 1:30 pm – 2:30 pm at Pepsi Center

Lines and Defensive Pairings at Friday's Practice

56 Justin Bailey - 90 Ryan O'Reilly - 21 Kyle Okposo
9 Evander Kane - 15 Jack Eichel - 23 Sam Reinhart
82 Marcus Foligno - 28 Zemgus Girgensons - 12 Brian Gionta
26 Matt Moulson - 71 Evan Rodrigues - 63 Tyler Ennis - 44 Nicolas Deslauriers

29 Jake McCabe - 55 Rasmus Ristolainen
77 Dmitry Kulikov - 47 Zach Bogosian
4 Josh Gorges - 6 Cody Franson
41 Justin Falk

40 Robin Lehner
31 Anders Nilsson

I will be driving this evening, does anyone know if the Sabre game comes in over the GR app? I assume it does, ask only as i don't think the Bills games do.

BTW, i see Montreal losing in the first to the Leafs...if this continues they may absolutely miss the playoffs as the heat gets ratcheted up and the sphincters get ever so tighter.

Edited by plenzmd1