RIP Harambe

/dev/null

How in the world does this kid remind you of someone with ADHD? Did you have breakfast with him before he went to the zoo? Did he come over to your house Christmas morning? Do you vacation with his parents?

Or do watch the news and make an assumption for the sake of taking a contrary position?

Another name for a 4-year-old boy who is hyper is "a 4-year-old boy."

My son was so hyper, he kicked his way out of his mom 5 weeks early. Fortunately the doctor game him ADD meds right after the cord was cut because he clearly saw a child who would one day endanger a zoo gorilla.

My sister's youngest was on time, but labor was only 15 minutes. They immediately banned him from the zoo.

• Replies 168
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I can really empathize with the parents. We have a 4 year old and two 18 month old twins. it is really hard to take all three out somewhere by myself. Put one twin in the stroller for 5 seconds and the other one tries to bolt.

I don't know what the mom was doing, but I can see her simply losing track of the kid for 5-10 seconds and something like this happening. It also wouldn't surprise me if the kid has some issues, because most 4-year olds that I know have more sense than to try to jump into a gorilla cage.

Do you have four 18 month old children? :nana:

I have an almost four year old grandson who has quite grasped the cause/effect concept. Five seconds of inattention could put him in a bad place!

I know what you are saying and can identify with it (four children, eight grandchildren).

I used to have one child stand with a hand on the stroller in my direct sight, while I loaded the other in. I usually knew the order in which order to do this to avoid (but not prevent) a problem. It only takes a second for a child to "bolt".

I'll stick with my post of a few days ago and just chalk this up to "**** happens". And if there are major changes in zoo policies, or if someone gets sued or has their children taken away from them because of a one in a million **** happens episode all I have to say is......... :wallbash:

I'll stick with my post of a few days ago and just chalk this up to "**** happens". And if there are major changes in zoo policies, or if someone gets sued or has their children taken away from them because of a one in a million **** happens episode all I have to say is......... :wallbash:

The zoo probably should review the design of the gorilla enclosure, if it's not sufficient to keep a four year old out.

And please tell me what you know of ADD...seeing i have kid that struggles with it on a daily basis...would love to know how this diagnosis came about

I'm good at this stuff. I think it's called thin slicing.

The zoo probably should review the design of the gorilla enclosure, if it's not sufficient to keep a four year old out.

Simple logic dictates that if it can't keep a four year old out then its only by the grace of god its managed to keep a gorilla in.

I heard on the radio this morning that the mother has come out and said she will not sue.

I filed it in my, "believe it when I see it," folder.

Simple logic dictates that if it can't keep a four year old out then its only by the grace of god its managed to keep a gorilla in.

Zoo enclosures are intended to keep people out as much as - if not more than - keep the animals in.

Yes because 4 year olds (or 5,6,7, etc year olds) are dropping in those things on a weekly basis. No...**** happens.

Yes because 4 year olds (or 5,6,7, etc year olds) are dropping in those things on a weekly basis. No...**** happens.

Yes, **** happens. But you design zoos specifically to prevent **** from happening.

Yes, **** happens. But you design zoos specifically to prevent **** from happening.

Isn't that just what we do? Manage it to the stupidest common denominator. Might as well kill all the animals and close all the zoos because we'll never be able to protect all the people from the animals.

No.

First thing that came to mind when reading this story:

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Double-Heart_of_Stacked_Stones

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Fishing_weir

I don't know why... LoL... But color me in the camp w/Poo happens. Some how he slipped in.

I heard on the radio this morning that the mother has come out and said she will not sue.

I filed it in my, "believe it when I see it," folder.

If she is crazy enough to sue, the zoo will file a counter suit against her for damages and lost revenue. Guarantee that there are multiple "ambulance chasers" reaching out to her and her family so I would also file this one in the same folder. Stay tuned.....

Edited by Flutie Flakes

Simpleton logic dictates that if it can't keep a four year old out then its only by the grace of god its managed to keep a gorilla in.

If she is crazy enough to sue, the zoo will file a counter suit against her for damages and lost revenue. Guarantee that there are multiple "ambulance chasers" reaching out to her and her family so I would also file this one in the same folder. Stay tuned.....

Perhaps mom feels terrible for the death of the gorilla and holds herself accountable for losing track of her son just long enough to climb in. Too bad few on here can applaud the fact that people are trying to be accountable for their mistakes in the situation. We'll see what happens...

Edited by GaryPinC