RIP Harambe

/dev/null

You wouldn't have shot the mom. You're just saying that for a reaction like the scores of other attention whores on the Internet.

Why should the mom be punished? I'll admit, I haven't looked, but I haven't heard any details about how the mom lost track of the boy - nor have I heard how he got down there. Obviously, she didn't see him going down there ... but I have to think it's likely that at least one adult did. What about the people who (possibly) looked the other way? Were they just "minding their own business?"

This is just so typical of our judgmental/know it all society. People get pissed when parents use those leashes on their children; the same people get pissed when a parent loses track of their child. And about 99.9% of the time, those judging have zero details.

Your logic says that every parent of a child who's gone missing should be punished. That's dumb.

my logic of a parent is that oft not most parents choose themselves over their child and this is seen in many places.

• Replies 168
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

well, i'd have shot the mom.

of course you have to shoot the gorilla to kill. its the only option. but it's bull **** and the mom needs punished.

hell yeah they are. not having proper security to keep the child from falling in. not having proper security to keep the gorilla away from the moat correctly. not having a proper response that now gave the child and mother great mental stress.

if you've been to a great zoo and to a bad zoo you see the differences.

edit: i'm not calling cincinatti zoo a bad zoo. in fact, it is one of the top zoos in the country and is the best zoo in ohio (which is saying a lot because ohio has 3 of the top zoos in the country's top 25 - toledo, columbus, cinci).

nc zoo is usually ocnsidered top 20.

What you know about moats, dogboy787?

Unfortunately the zoo staff made the right decision (YES I'm a BIG animal rights person) but they never should've been put in that position in the first place. A tranquilizer probably would've agitated the animal even more and would've become more violent. When you're kid says "I'm gonna go down to the moat to the gorillas" and then has the time to climb a rail, over a fence and fall down the cliff, or whatever, she clearly was not paying attention and needs to be punished for child neglect, endangerment of child, or whatever. She also needs to take full responsibility of the loss of an endangered animal. I think Harambe was trying to watch over the child and the screaming and yelling from the retarded people irritated him more.

That btch of a woman should be charged and thrown in jail. The fact that she is getting away with this and nothing is happening pisses me off. Her name needs to be made public!!!!

Edited by QuoteTheRaven83

Unfortunately the zoo staff made the right decision (YES I'm a BIG animal rights person) but they never should've been put in that position in the first place. A tranquilizer probably would've agitated the animal even more and would've become more violent. When you're kid says "I'm gonna go down to the moat to the gorillas" and then has the time to climb a rail, over a fence and fall down the cliff, or whatever, she clearly was not paying attention and needs to be punished for child neglect, endangerment of child, or whatever. She also needs to take full responsibility of the loss of an endangered animal. I think Harambe was trying to watch over the child and the screaming and yelling from the retarded people irritated him more.

That btch of a woman should be charged and thrown in jail. The fact that she is getting away with this and nothing is happening pisses me off. Her name needs to be made public!!!!

On both points, you have no idea and neither do I. I'm a parent. There are times when I'm not watching my child. I have no idea if the child got into the moat in 15 seconds of inattention or 3 minutes.

Harambe could have killed the boy in 2 seconds at any point. The child was in mortal danger from the moment he fell in. Sure maybe the gorilla was not going to do harm but no one knows. The zoo made the better of two crappy choices.

Mom, zoo, child should all go their separate ways. That said, lawsuit probably happening.

You could be right because I think a non-parent is telling us that most parents most often don't give a crap about their kids.

This is the most common theme among what I've seen on FB on this topic. Many of those calling for the mom's head aren't parents (of human beings).

Before someone bores me with the most common response after being called out on it, allow me: "Well, I've been a kid, so I know what it's like"

No. You don't.

This is the most common theme among what I've seen on FB on this topic. Many of those calling for the mom's head aren't parents (of human beings).

Before someone bores me with the most common response after being called out on it, allow me: "Well, I've been a kid, so I know what it's like"

No. You don't.

I saw a discussion on fb in which someone argued that the mom could have more kids while the gorilla is almost extinct. Great argument :lol:

I saw a discussion on fb in which someone argued that the mom could have more kids while the gorilla is almost extinct. Great argument :lol:

That's the sad part of it all. The story says a lot about where we are as a society. A rare gorilla who had no role in his being placed in captivity dies because a mother has more children than she's capable of watching. I believe I read an article saying she was at the zoo with three other children including the one who fell in with the gorilla. Not sure if this means she has four children, but it wouldn't surprise me. I see examples of this problem everyday. Rare animals and our earth continue to suffer while some people continue to procreate at ridiculous rates. Usually those who are the least capable as well. That being said she might be a really nice person who made a mistake. I understand that part as well. I just wish people didn't have more children than they can care for. It's irresponsible to say the least. PS I feel it might have helped the situation if they would have cleared all the screaming spectators out of the exhibit too. Edited by DriveFor1Outta5

same gibberish different font. If you don't want to explain what your post meant then delete it.

really not a joking matter to most

its not jibberish. Its that there are a large number of parents out there who do not know how to care for their children. Who are not mature or stable enough financially, emotionally, or psychologically to care for children.

Whether I have no children or I have 20 doesn't change this fact. While we know little about this woman it doesn't matter. There must be raised the question of how she allowed her child to be put in such harms way.

Any trip down your local Walmart checkout shows plenty of reasons on how parent raise kids.

I'm not laughing at this situation because an animal had to be shot due to human inaction. The zoo, the parent, the child all could have done things differently.

I will laugh at how people handle the situation. Overreacting that it is bigger than anything else in the country is just a shame.

its not jibberish. Its that there are a large number of parents out there who do not know how to care for their children. Who are not mature or stable enough financially, emotionally, or psychologically to care for children.

Whether I have no children or I have 20 doesn't change this fact. While we know little about this woman it doesn't matter. There must be raised the question of how she allowed her child to be put in such harms way.

Any trip down your local Walmart checkout shows plenty of reasons on how parent raise kids.

I'm not laughing at this situation because an animal had to be shot due to human inaction. The zoo, the parent, the child all could have done things differently.

I will laugh at how people handle the situation. Overreacting that it is bigger than anything else in the country is just a shame.

Overreacting is exactly what you do yet you rail against it.

Overreacting is exactly what you do yet you rail against it.

guess I'm tired of what matters to too many people these days. Guess its ironic and hypocritical to be as sensitive as the collective masses who consume themselves with Bruce Jenner, Harambe, hash tags....