RIP Harambe

/dev/null

• Replies 168
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

A gorilla has to die because of some stupid kid. They couldn't risk using tranq darts because if the kid dies or gets hurt, they get sued for not acting faster.

I'd point to a parent or guardian before a 4 year old.

http://www.cincinnati.com/story/news/2016/05/28/police-child-taken-hospital-after-falling-into-gorilla-pen/85095094/

:cry:

Not sure they had to put him down, but in the grand scheme of things any potential threat to the child takes priority

It's a tough call. I keep seeing people going on about how the gorilla was protecting the kid. That's not what I see at all in the video. I see an alpha establishing ownership of an object. To what end? I can't say. I'm glad I didn't have to make that call though because a 4 year old's life is the stakes and it could have played out very differently.

I think a tranq dart might have made him agitated before kicking in, with the possibility of getting the kid killed. Had to kill him.

Also because the gorilla could pass out and fall on said kid.

The choice was saving the life of a human vs. saving the life of an animal. Not sure why this is so difficult for so many.

Seven billion humans on the planet. Maybe a thousand gorillas.

Scarcity dictates a gorilla is worth far more than a person.

It's a tough call. I keep seeing people going on about how the gorilla was protecting the kid. That's not what I see at all in the video. I see an alpha establishing ownership of an object. To what end? I can't say. I'm glad I didn't have to make that call though because a 4 year old's life is the stakes and it could have played out very differently.

I'm glad it wasn't me, either, but really it's a no brainer. But, I've seen a lot of people with no brains online complaining about - with no real answers as to what to do. Everybody, including me, thought of the tranquilizer gun, but the zoo answered that - it's not like it works right away, and now you have an enraged gorilla.

A gorilla has to die because of some stupid kid. They couldn't risk using tranq darts because if the kid dies or gets hurt, they get sued for not acting faster.

Yes because you never did stupid **** as a child?

4 year olds do stupid schitt because they're four freaking years old

The Mom isn't going to win any parenting awards, but if you've spent any time around four year olds you know they're not that easy to control because like i said: They're four freaking years old.

The Zoo staff were in a no win situation.

Let the situation play out and the kid either gets mauled or has an adventure.

Tranquilze the 420 pound animal, and yes Harambe is an animal, and hope it doesn't spaz out on the kid while the drugs work their way thru his system

Shoot the animal and guarantee the safety of the child

They chose the least bad option

Also because the gorilla could pass out and fall on said kid.

Seven billion humans on the planet. Maybe a thousand gorillas.

Scarcity dictates a gorilla is worth far more than a person.

I dictate that I'd kill a thousand gorillas to save a single human life.