RIP Harambe

/dev/null

Overreacting is exactly what you do yet you rail against it.

I'm sorry, but when my daughter was 4 (she's now 13), she NEVER left my sight. ESPECIALLY if we were in a public place. Reports are this woman was !@#$ing around on her phone. IF that's the case, she should be brought up on charges and sued by the zoo for loss of property.

• Replies 168
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

guess I'm tired of what matters to too many people these days. Guess its ironic and hypocritical to be as sensitive as the collective masses who consume themselves with Bruce Jenner, Harambe, hash tags....

oh the irony

I'm sorry, but when my daughter was 4 (she's now 13), she NEVER left my sight. ESPECIALLY if we were in a public place. Reports are this woman was !@#$ing around on her phone. IF that's the case, she should be brought up on charges and sued by the zoo for loss of property.

I'm not sure why you're quoting me, but anyway, good story.

oh the irony

That's what these stories are for.

Everyone come join in and tell us what good parents you are and how letting a child out of your sight for even an instant is unconscionable. Then later you can call CPS when you see a kid playing in their own front yard that isn't tethered to mother.

I'm not laughing at this situation because an animal had to be shot due to human inaction. The zoo, the parent, the child all could have done things differently.

I'm assuming you meant "human interaction."

This gorilla was in a !@#$ing cage because of human interaction.

As far as the Walmart comment, there are also plenty of rich/highly educated people, who don't shop at Walmart, who are horrible parents.

And who is to say that this woman "allowed," her child to be put in harm's way? Nobody knows that. Believe it or not, parents lose sight of their children. Even excellent parents.

oh the irony

being a good parents isn't hovering over your kids 24/7. Nor is it have free range kids. I don't need to have kids to know how to raise them. There is a middle ground and good parents do this naturally. Whether single parents or a couple - though, I'd never want to be a single parent. Ever. You must learn to place your child above yourself. By no means can I conceive of a good parent losing so much track of their child to allow it the 20-30 seconds possible to do this. Not to mention, not know their child and their child's ability and be there to prevent it.

being a good parents isn't hovering over your kids 24/7. Nor is it have free range kids. I don't need to have kids to know how to raise them. There is a middle ground and good parents do this naturally. Whether single parents or a couple - though, I'd never want to be a single parent. Ever. You must learn to place your child above yourself. By no means can I conceive of a good parent losing so much track of their child to allow it the 20-30 seconds possible to do this. Not to mention, not know their child and their child's ability and be there to prevent it.

This is exactly where you are dead wrong.

I'm assuming you meant "human interaction."

This gorilla was in a !@#$ing cage because of human interaction.

As far as the Walmart comment, there are also plenty of rich/highly educated people, who don't shop at Walmart, who are horrible parents.

And who is to say that this woman "allowed," her child to be put in harm's way? Nobody knows that. Believe it or not, parents lose sight of their children. Even excellent parents.

I think that's an excellent point that is being overlooked. Only gorillas with behavioral problems and a history of acting aggressively with humans and other gorillas wind up behind bars, while their more civilized counterparts live free in the wild.

its not jibberish. Its that there are a large number of parents out there who do not know how to care for their children. Who are not mature or stable enough financially, emotionally, or psychologically to care for children.

Whether I have no children or I have 20 doesn't change this fact. While we know little about this woman it doesn't matter. There must be raised the question of how she allowed her child to be put in such harms way.

Any trip down your local Walmart checkout shows plenty of reasons on how parent raise kids.

I'm not laughing at this situation because an animal had to be shot due to human inaction. The zoo, the parent, the child all could have done things differently.

I will laugh at how people handle the situation. Overreacting that it is bigger than anything else in the country is just a shame.

How she let her child get in harms way? By letting him be a child maybe. Kids wander away. I think parents that should be shot are the overprotective ninnies. I was in the grocery store a couple years ago and a mother said to her 5 or 6 year old son "don't wander away, you might get kidnapped." Are you !@#$ing kidding me?? Oh yeah kids get kidnapped every day in grocery stores. And talk about traumatizing your child for life. Well a child getting into mortal danger is part of being a child. As I said before I file this under **** happens and if you're afraid your child is going to be eaten by a gorilla when you go to the zoo I suggest you don't have kids. So I look at this with a 180 from you.

My uncle who I was named after died at the ripe age of 8 playing in the local gravel pit. I played in that same gravel pit as a kid. When I'd tell my mom I was going to play there she'd say "be careful.... remember your uncle Jimmy died there."

OH NO!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! She was on her PHONE!?!?!?!? Jail that B word for LIFE!! :rolleyes:

How she let her child get in harms way? By letting him be a child maybe. Kids wander away. I think parents that should be shot are the overprotective ninnies. I was in the grocery store a couple years ago and a mother said to her 5 or 6 year old son "don't wander away, you might get kidnapped." Are you !@#$ing kidding me?? Oh yeah kids get kidnapped every day in grocery stores. And talk about traumatizing your child for life. Well a child getting into mortal danger is part of being a child. As I said before I file this under **** happens and if you're afraid your child is going to be eaten by a gorilla when you go to the zoo I suggest you don't have kids. So I look at this with a 180 from you.

My uncle who I was named after died at the ripe age of 8 playing in the local gravel pit. I played in that same gravel pit as a kid. When I'd tell my mom I was going to play there she'd say "be careful.... remember your uncle Jimmy died there."

OH NO!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! She was on her PHONE!?!?!?!? Jail that B word for LIFE!! :rolleyes:

Point is, if you care more about what's going on on your phone than your kid climbing into a gorilla cage, you're doing it wrong.

I've never played the drums, drove a bus, flown a plane, painted on canvas or played pro football. Guess I can't judge those either

!@#$ that. I've never been an idiot, and I'm going to keep judging each and every one of you.

My parents would have thrown me in to the gravel pit telling me to "have fun like Uncle Jimmy..."

I've never played the drums, drove a bus, flown a plane, painted on canvas or played pro football. Guess I can't judge those either

Of course you can!! Just don't expect to be taken seriously.

Then later you can call CPS when you see a kid playing in their own front yard that isn't tethered to mother.

You do know that happens, right? People do call CPS, and parents have their kids taken from them, for such "free-range parenting."

Which, back when I was a kid, was simply called "parenting."

Of course you can!! Just don't expect to be taken seriously.

And if you've never killed a Jew, don't judge Hitler and expect to be taken seriously.

You do know that happens, right? People do call CPS, and parents have their kids taken from them, for such "free-range parenting."

Which, back when I was a kid, was simply called "parenting."

And if you've never killed a Jew, don't judge Hitler and expect to be taken seriously.

That's a little excessive. But at the very least you should contract syphilis from a JAPpy sorority girl before weighing in on the matter. Maybe f@#$ up a 'Paint by Number' or a botch a rerun with Bob Ross?

Of course, that was what I was referencing. When I was a kid I recall being kicked out the door around 11 AM and told NOT to come home until I think its time for dinner. In other words, don't come home until its dark.

Edited by Jauronimo

It absolutely blows me away how many crazy people there are about this freaking thing.

It's even more asinine when they refer to the the gorilla by his first name, like they're pen pals, and lament about how horrible these parents must be.

Do me a favor, if you really think this is your idea of bad parenting, get out of your pretty little bubble and drive to poorest part of your nearest city. Spend the day walking around and then get back to me about what you consider to be bad parenting and inhumane treatment of an animal.

Point is, if you care more about what's going on on your phone than your kid climbing into a gorilla cage, you're doing it wrong.

Oh so you know what she was doing on the phone? So what are these charges you'd bring her up on?

My parents would have thrown me in to the gravel pit telling me to "have fun like Uncle Jimmy..."

I'm pretty sure that's what my mom was getting at.

It absolutely blows me away how many crazy people there are about this freaking thing.

It's even more asinine when they refer to the the gorilla by his first name, like they're pen pals, and lament about how horrible these parents must be.

Do me a favor, if you really think this is your idea of bad parenting, get out of your pretty little bubble and drive to poorest part of your nearest city. Spend the day walking around and then get back to me about what you consider to be bad parenting and inhumane treatment of an animal.

Cul de sacs, minivans, master planned neighborhoods, suburbia...

jw