Report: Chris Berman retiring (update - nope. Tom Jackson)

I'm going to be sad. Everytime we did something good (few and far between) Boomer would always get people excited about the Bills. He's a self proclaimed Jets fan from Long Island, but covering the Super Bowl teams made him appreciate the Bills and anyone that would buy him whiskey

• Replies 52
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

The second one is hilarious a little da da da 8% codeine won't hurt ya ! Hahahaha. Get it together Boomer.

HA! How did I miss the middle one? He can see the camera in front of him, right? Well......maybe not!

Interesting

@richsandomir

Chris Berman's agent denies retirement report:"Chris is NOT retiring. Loves what he's doing too much and is too young to hang 'em up."

"'Too young to hang'em up." Does that mean he's staying around longer so he can get a bigger social security check?

Does anybody know the root of his liking the Bills? Alls I remember is something he shared long ago about in his early

days in sports radio, he reported the Bills games. Something like that. I'm kind of sketchy on the details.

Tinted hairspray manufacturers are now weeping. Although there is still Al Michaels...

And wow, he's only 61??

Yeh, he seems older than that. Doesn't he?

It is time for him to hang it up. But I really miss the old NFL Prime Time highlight show with him and Tom Jackson on Sunday nights, when he did all the player nicknames. Those were the days.

Yolo, I couldn't agree more on Primetime. We can thank NBC Sunday Night Football for ruining that tradition. I have three children with my boys 17, and 15. When they were really young they used to climb into bed with my wife and I and we would all watch Primetime. My wife loved how comical Berman was with those plays. It was never the same with the Blitz. I enjoy SNF, but hate contractually they had to stop that show. We still talk about it occasionally today.

I guess I'm in the minority, but hate to see him leave. He's like Walter Cronkite was to my parents with the nightly news. I hope it is untrue, but he does deserve a nice retirement if he is 61. It's just comfortable when you have a staple that you can rely on Sunday nights, GAMEDAY!

Besides, it was always nice to have a Bills fan as the face of ESPN NFL.

Ha ha, there's another one about qualudes but I couldn't find it (I didn't look that hard).

The fact that he loves the Bills is somewhat redeeming. If he were a Pats fan I would like him about as much as I like Curt Schilling or Tom Brady.

The Duo Duo Duo one? Talking about bringing them back from Canada! Classic one

He's annoying and obnoxious. The only redeeming quality is that he's a Bills fan. I'm glad that he's retiring. In the meantime:

Thats some funny ****, i've never seen those thanks. I used to watch Berman and I like that he's a Bills fan but i haven't watched his schtick in a long time.

Does anybody know the root of his liking the Bills? Alls I remember is something he shared long ago about in his early

days in sports radio, he reported the Bills games. Something like that. I'm kind of sketchy on the details.

Yeh, he seems older than that. Doesn't he?

I remember seeing an interview somewhere with him talking about how he fell in love with the blue collar, working class fanbase we had...and then he started partying with Kelly and the boys :beer:

I remember seeing an interview somewhere with him talking about how he fell in love with the blue collar, working class fanbase we had...and then he started partying with Kelly and the boys :beer:

Yes, I remember that, too, Pride. Nice icon with your post by the way. Go Bills in 2016

• 2 months later...