2017 NFL Mock Drafts & Top Prospects

26CornerBlitz

He ran a 4.37 today and his previous 2 seasons are 96-1,420-12 in 2016 and 64-1,012-11 in 2015. Small school always begs the competition question as evidenced by his lack of invitation to the Combine, but this guy also ran faster than all but 2 WRs who were invited to the Combine. Could be the burner to complement Holmes' possession-suited attributes. He's been consistently around in the 5th round for my mock draft simulations, but then again he just recently posted that 40 time.

Thoughts on Chad Williams, WR, Grambling?

http://whodatdish.com/2017/03/21/wide-receiver-chad-williams-brought-the-house-down-in-ruston/

http://bleacherreport.com/articles/2700673-2017-nfl-draft-biggest-winners-losers-of-pro-day-workouts-so-far

Edit: and...

1: R1P10
DL JONATHAN ALLEN
ALABAMA
2: R2P12
CB FABIAN MOREAU
UCLA
3: R3P11
S JUSTIN EVANS
TEXAS A&M
4: R5P12
WR CHAD WILLIAMS
GRAMBLING
5: R5P27
DE KEIONTA DAVIS
UT-CHATTANOOGA
6: R6P11
QB CHAD KELLY
OLE MISS

With the "group" making picks this yr and if a guy really likes a player, then expect Terry to select Chad Kelly in this draft.

• Replies 4.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Interesting story breaking about Deshaun Watson going to a bar in Bama on his way back from an awards ceremony in NOLA, and Ryan Anderson and Wallace Gilberry being !@#$s and kicking him out of the place.

https://twitter.com/barstoolclemson/status/847991057904267264

http://trib.al/foHFMaN

Edited by YoloinOhio

I've made my thoughts pretty clear on Darnold thus far but I don't really see much in Rosen or Allen either at this point. Falk, Rudolph might stand a chance at progressing but I really don't see much in the way of a surefire thing, especially in the underclassmen group.

If I like a QB in this class, I'm pulling the trigger. Simply because I'm not waiting 12 months on a bunch of What If? types next year. Obviously, how we feel about the current and future classes shapes the perspective we have on that.

I agree 100% with this.

Interesting story breaking about Deshaun Watson going to a bar in Bama on his way back from an awards ceremony in NOLA, and Ryan Anderson and Wallace Gilberry being !@#$s and kicking him out of the place.

https://twitter.com/barstoolclemson/status/847991057904267264

http://trib.al/foHFMaN

oh no he will go undrafted just like Kelly !!!

45]

Matt Miller Retweeted

45]

3021adb8e3fe6e07d2c8d26adaa7fe66_bigger.SiriusXM NFL RadioVerified account @SiriusXMNFL 34m34 minutes ago

More

Notre Dame HC @CoachBrianKelly: DeShone Kizer should still be in college. Needs more time to grow on & off field. He isn't complete yet.

Hard to believe someone didnt want to play for Brian Kelly.

Keep that **** private, you knob.

Edited by YoloinOhio

45]

Matt Miller Retweeted

45]

3021adb8e3fe6e07d2c8d26adaa7fe66_bigger.SiriusXM NFL RadioVerified account @SiriusXMNFL 34m34 minutes ago

More

Notre Dame HC @CoachBrianKelly: DeShone Kizer should still be in college. Needs more time to grow on & off field. He isn't complete yet.

Yikes! I had to check my calendar and make sure it wasn't still April 1st.

YOUR PICKS
CB MARSHON LATTIMORE
OHIO STATE
WR ZAY JONES
EAST CAROLINA
S BUDDA BAKER
WASHINGTON
EDGE KEIONTA DAVIS
UT-CHATTANOOGA
QB JEROD EVANS
VIRGINIA TECH
CB CHANNING STRIBLING
MICHIGAN

I like it...but with only 4 linebackers on the roster, I expect them to take one in the first two rounds. Don't be surprised to see a trade back for another 2nd or 3rd round pick and Zack Cunningham's name to be called.... They want to come away with potential starters at WR, LB and CB in the first three rounds....

I like it...but with only 4 linebackers on the roster, I expect them to take one in the first two rounds. Don't be surprised to see a trade back for another 2nd or 3rd round pick and Zack Cunningham's name to be called.... They want to come away with potential starters at WR, LB and CB in the first three rounds....

Hey Kiper's Hair - glad to see you chime in since I do remember you knew about the Sammy trade with Cleveland pretty early on. I would love to see a trade back to get more picks just not sure there will be a partner. I think a trade back in the second might be more likely than the 1st.

If your info holds--obviously we all know that things can change--then it would be business-as-usual with the team drafting solely to fill needs...

...and it has the potential to be disappointing. Obviously the names that fill those positional maneuvers will have much to do with the reaction, but the idea that they've got a plan to fill needs going into the draft says that the overall philosophy surrounding the draft is still amiss.

Yeah, I think I was banking on Z. Brown coming back. Any good 3rd round LB prospects of which I should be aware?

Also I'd put S above CB, as I think they believe in Seymour on the outside, but cannot imagine they really believe in Poyer as a starter. Plus, CB is as deep if not deeper than S imho.

If your info holds--obviously we all know that things can change--then it would be business-as-usual with the team drafting solely to fill needs...

...and it has the potential to be disappointing. Obviously the names that fill those positional maneuvers will have much to do with the reaction, but the idea that they've got a plan to fill needs going into the draft says that the overall philosophy surrounding the draft is still amiss.

If they came away with something like Cunningham, Tre White and Zay Jones I would consider it a success. Drafting for need never works but if the need fits the value it does.

After looking at the Bills depth for all positions, I believe the most glairing need based on depth is at OLB, with CB coming in at a close second, and DE coming in at a distant third. WR, Safety, and RT have a lot of depth, but still have question marks.

Within the draft, I really don't see a lot of depth at LB in the later rounds that would produce a possible day 1 starter. That would be my # 1 need since we have two starting OLBs that are career special teams aces. DB is stacked this year, and I believe we can find a day 1 starter / contributor in the later rounds. DE is set with their two starters, but lack serious depth in a scheme that requires a lot of subbing in and out. Fortunately there is some solid depth here as well that we can address in the later rounds as well. We have projected starters, and projected backups for WR, S, and RT, but seriously lack the guy we truly desire so I could see us making a play on either one of these positions early in the draft. With this being said, here is my prediction for the upcoming draft.

1-10: Trade to Browns for 1-12, 4-108, 5-175 (Browns take Deshaun Watson)

1-12: Bills take OLB Ha'ason Reddick (With his athleticism, he'll fit any scheme. I project him to play the "Will" but will rush the passer often)

2-44: Bills take TE Evan Engram (Will be primarily a move TE with Clay / O'Leary filling most blocking duties)

3-75: Bills take CB Shaquill Griffin (Could start day 1. Physical, long armed, tackling CB)

4-108: Bills take DE Dawuane Smoot (More of a run defending DE, but would be thrown in rotation immediately)

5-156: Bills take WR Robert Davis (Had a great combine, but lacked production in college. Will play a role on special teams)

5-171 Bills take CB Brian Allen (Another combine freak. Could push for playing time, but needs a lot of work)

5-175 Bills take WR Levonte "Kermit" Whitfield (Kermit provides insurance to Listenbee, and is also a great return man)

6-195 Bills take OL Jerry Ugokwe (McDermott likes this kids potential as well as the school he comes from)

Well there you have it. As you can see there are no QBs taken this year, but the Bills will surely add one via free agency after the draft. The Bills will also sign a few more pass rushers and LBs as well.

GO BILLS!

After looking at the Bills depth for all positions, I believe the most glairing need based on depth is at OLB, with CB coming in at a close second, and DE coming in at a distant third. WR, Safety, and RT have a lot of depth, but still have question marks.

Within the draft, I really don't see a lot of depth at LB in the later rounds that would produce a possible day 1 starter. That would be my # 1 need since we have two starting OLBs that are career special teams aces. DB is stacked this year, and I believe we can find a day 1 starter / contributor in the later rounds. DE is set with their two starters, but lack serious depth in a scheme that requires a lot of subbing in and out. Fortunately there is some solid depth here as well that we can address in the later rounds as well. We have projected starters, and projected backups for WR, S, and RT, but seriously lack the guy we truly desire so I could see us making a play on either one of these positions early in the draft. With this being said, here is my prediction for the upcoming draft.

1-10: Trade to Browns for 1-12, 4-108, 5-175 (Browns take Deshaun Watson)

1-12: Bills take OLB Ha'ason Reddick (With his athleticism, he'll fit any scheme. I project him to play the "Will" but will rush the passer often)

2-44: Bills take TE Evan Engram (Will be primarily a move TE with Clay / O'Leary filling most blocking duties)

3-75: Bills take CB Shaquill Griffin (Could start day 1. Physical, long armed, tackling CB)

4-108: Bills take DE Dawuane Smoot (More of a run defending DE, but would be thrown in rotation immediately)

5-156: Bills take WR Robert Davis (Had a great combine, but lacked production in college. Will play a role on special teams)

5-171 Bills take CB Brian Allen (Another combine freak. Could push for playing time, but needs a lot of work)

5-175 Bills take WR Levonte "Kermit" Whitfield (Kermit provides insurance to Listenbee, and is also a great return man)

6-195 Bills take OL Jerry Ugokwe (McDermott likes this kids potential as well as the school he comes from)

Well there you have it. As you can see there are no QBs taken this year, but the Bills will surely add one via free agency after the draft. The Bills will also sign a few more pass rushers and LBs as well.

GO BILLS!

Why would the Browns trade up if they can get Watson or whoever their qb preference is at their current drafting position?

Why would the Browns trade up if they can get Watson or whoever their qb preference is at their current drafting position?

The Saint's are openly looking for Drew Brees' future replacement, and the Browns desperately need a QB, so I see the Browns trading up two spots to snag him before the Saints or another team takes him in their place.

Edited by ROONDOGG55

The Saint's are openly looking for Drew Brees' future replacement, and the Browns desperately need a QB, so I see the Browns trading up two spots to snag him before the Saints or another team takes him in their place.

I like Mahommes and want the Bills to use their first pick on a qb. If Whaley trades up giving up future picks for a qb he should be fired on the spot.

I don't think the "analytics" team at Browns headquarters would recommend trading up to 10 for any of these QBs.

It may support them trading from 12 to 10 to get Malik Hooker.

THIS. Any "pie in the sky" mocks that involve us trading in either direction are just pipe dreams. If you want to do a mock, pick players at the picks we have.

I like Mahommes and want the Bills to use their first pick on a qb. If Whaley trades up giving up future picks for a qb he should be fired on the spot.

I believe there is a very, very low chance of the Bills taking a QB high or even at all in this draft. The Bills want to contend but habe glaring holes all over the field. They also don't have enough picks to fill those holes, so trading down and acquiring more picks is the best option in my opinion. There are several teams in need of a QB, and the Bills aren't one of them. TT is not Aaron Rogers, but he's a solid starter that the Bills deemed fit for the position over the next few years. If he flakes out, there will be better QBs in the 2018 draft.

I believe there is a very, very low chance of the Bills taking a QB high or even at all in this draft. The Bills want to contend but habe glaring holes all over the field. They also don't have enough picks to fill those holes, so trading down and acquiring more picks is the best option in my opinion. There are several teams in need of a QB, and the Bills aren't one of them. TT is not Aaron Rogers, but he's a solid starter that the Bills deemed fit for the position over the next few years. If he flakes out, there will be better QBs in the 2018 draft.

I guess it's all perspective. I don't see anything they've done this offseason that supports your line of thinking. If they were legitimately pushing to make the playoffs this year I'd have to believe they would have found a way to keep Gilmore, or wouldn't have cut Graham and Williams (without even doing June 1st designations) or allow Tyrod's situation to hang in limbo for a couple of months.

I think Pegula, McD and Whaley are realistic about where we stand as a franchise, atoning for some past mistakes, cleaning the cap sheet up moving forward and setting a foundation. Tyrod is viewed as a bridge and nothing more. They are bringing Mahomes in for a private workout. Anything is in play with the pick. A lot of young guys are going to have chances to win spots on the roster. They easily could take a QB at 10 with the intention that he sits most or all of the year while learning.

I guess it's all perspective. I don't see anything they've done this offseason that supports your line of thinking. If they were legitimately pushing to make the playoffs this year I'd have to believe they would have found a way to keep Gilmore, or wouldn't have cut Graham and Williams (without even doing June 1st designations) or allow Tyrod's situation to hang in limbo for a couple of months.

I think Pegula, McD and Whaley are realistic about where we stand as a franchise, atoning for some past mistakes, cleaning the cap sheet up moving forward and setting a foundation. Tyrod is viewed as a bridge and nothing more. They are bringing Mahomes in for a private workout. Anything is in play with the pick. A lot of young guys are going to have chances to win spots on the roster. They easily could take a QB at 10 with the intention that he sits most or all of the year while learning.

I agree with the general tenor of your response. As it stands the Bills don't have a good enough roster to make the playoffs. This year's draft contribution is not going to sufficiently upgrade this team to make it a realistic playoff contending team. Does our front office, coaching staff and ownership accept this hard nosed assessment? I don't know for sure but suspect so.

Where I respectfully disagree with many on this board is that I believe that there are qbs in this draft who in the not too distant future can be a franchise qb for us. I accept the fact that there are no qbs in this draft who will provide immediate help. But that is the reality for almost all rookie qbs.

The Bills are in a mini-rebuilding situation. Too many people are exaggerating where this team ranks in the league. Getting back into a position of respectability is a multi-year task. The quickest way to accelerate the rebuilding process is to find a franchise qb. I believe that that caliber of player is in this draft while many others don't. That is the core of the disagreement here.

Anyone with ESPN insider wanna post that mock draft 4.0?

Don't see a 4.0 posted at this point.

In the 'dueling' one Kiper has us with OJ Howard and Adoree Jackson, and McShay has us with Marshon Lattimore and Zach Cunningham. If only the board could fall like McShay thinks!

Edited by BuffaloHokie13

I agree with the general tenor of your response. As it stands the Bills don't have a good enough roster to make the playoffs. This year's draft contribution is not going to sufficiently upgrade this team to make it a realistic playoff contending team. Does our front office, coaching staff and ownership accept this hard nosed assessment? I don't know for sure but suspect so.

Where I respectfully disagree with many on this board is that I believe that there are qbs in this draft who in the not too distant future can be a franchise qb for us. I accept the fact that there are no qbs in this draft who will provide immediate help. But that is the reality for almost all rookie qbs.

The Bills are in a mini-rebuilding situation. Too many people are exaggerating where this team ranks in the league. Getting back into a position of respectability is a multi-year task. The quickest way to accelerate the rebuilding process is to find a franchise qb. I believe that that caliber of player is in this draft while many others don't. That is the core of the disagreement here.

I completely agree with you. I think Mahomes has true franchise level potential and I think Watson / Trub / maybe even Kizer and Webb can get there too. IMO we are in a perfect position to gamble on a talent like Mahomes at 10 depending on what defensive talent is still on the board with that pick (especially if we could move down a few picks and still get him). We can allow Tyrod to play this year, basically have what we had on offense last year (passable, but not putting us in the playoffs) and give McD some time to build his D while Mahomes sits and learns. Give it a year of letting young guys play in our needed positions, potentially having some cheap young depth that we didn't have going into this offseason, possibly even get someone like Seymour, one of the WRs, Poyer etc to surprise and step into a strong starter at a position and reassess "needs" next year.

Unfortunately we have some on this board who are still in full Rex mode, thinking we are "all in" and running around like chickens with their heads cut off about not having a #2 wr, a RT, corners, linebackers and safeties and worried about finding 7 starters with 5 draft picks.

Sign me up right now:

YOUR PICKS
QB PATRICK MAHOMES II
TEXAS TECH
WR CHRIS GODWIN
PENN STATE
CB RASUL DOUGLAS
WEST VIRGINIA
LB ELIJAH LEE
KANSAS STATE
S TEDRIC THOMPSON
COLORADO
OT JERRY UGOKWE
WILLIAM & MARY

I'm not saying the Bills will win every game they play, but I do believe they want to put a competitive product on the field that will also set a foundation for years to come. QB is a MUST in this league, but I feel the Bills are going to take their shot next year if ole' TT fails to deliver in this new system. It would just be too damaging for the rest of the team to know that they are tanking the season, or trying to "just get by" until next season so a new QB can start. Kyle Williams would not have returned if that were the case.

So, QB at 10 is a definite NO in my book, and a definite NO within the first several picks of the draft.

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a very specific reason to revive this one.