UDFA Thread

• Replies 296
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Striker and Zimmer will make this roster.

Striker has pass rush skills and is a plus athlete; he can also play special teams.

Zimmer is a MONSTER. Built low to the ground, country-strong, and good lateral quickness. Not sure why he went undrafted.

http://www.hogshaven.com/2016/4/8/11351530/washington-redskins-2016-draft-profiles-justin-zimmer-dl

Interesting kid. Looks like a safety size wise but excels around the line of scrimmage. I see a bit of Tony Jefferson

Interesting kid. Looks like a safety size wise but excels around the line of scrimmage. I see a bit of Tony Jefferson

I love the Aaron Donald comparison. If he is 1/2 of Aaron Donald I'll take it :)

If more than one, maybe two make the roster it's considered a surprise. I routinely get a kick out of the hype, however. The legend of Da'Rick Rogers, for example.

Da'Rick was awesome, but he was a major head-case. These UDFA (Baby Gronk, Striker, and Zimmer) all have the talent and football IQ to make the roster.

I wanted to look at De'Runnya Wilson.

same here. Is he signed yet? I also haven't seen that Cash has been signed.

I love the Aaron Donald comparison. If he is 1/2 of Aaron Donald I'll take it :)

Da'Rick was awesome, but he was a major head-case. These UDFA (Baby Gronk, Striker, and Zimmer) all have the talent and football IQ to make the roster.

same here. Is he signed yet? I also haven't seen that Cash has been signed.

Cash signed by panthers.

Anyone think Striker can play some Safety? Is he fast enough?

Hybrid for sure. I do think that he will offer Rex the flexibility within his scheme that he loves.

Gotta pull for the kid. Daughter is an OU grad and the passion he showed in the clip make him my new favorite.

Striker and Zimmer will make this roster.

Striker has pass rush skills and is a plus athlete; he can also play special teams.

Zimmer is a MONSTER. Built low to the ground, country-strong, and good lateral quickness. Not sure why he went undrafted.

http://www.hogshaven.com/2016/4/8/11351530/washington-redskins-2016-draft-profiles-justin-zimmer-dl

I agree.....the best crop of UDFA's they've had since Donahoe.

And made possible by a lot of teams drafting, and subsequently reaching, for need.

Striker is a lottery ticket.....especially for a team that likes to bring smaller players on the blitz.....he's pass rush ready.

Wasn't it Whaley who scoffed at the problems Kouandjio had in pass blocking against Striker?

Something like "there aren't any 210 pound pass rushers in the NFL so Cyrus should be fine". :doh:

If you can't beat em'.

And no way Zimmer should have gone undrafted in essentially 8 rounds.

It was surprising to see as many teams drafting blatantly for immediate need as much as they did this year and that left a few more surprising UDFA's than there should have been based on talent.

The DT class was so deep this year......and the league was already well stocked with monster DT's.......I wouldn't be surprised to see a lot of reaching for guard prospects in coming drafts.

If the Bills can free up some money I'd really like to see them make a run at Jahri Evans for this season......not feeling the talent level of John Miller in this NFL.

Just who just became the #1 fan favorite in Buffalo? How can you not want this -kid MAN to be successful?

wow is all I can say. Rare is the speech or interview by a college kid or pro which is not riddled with boring cliches. I have to admit watching this did bring a tear to my eye. Hope he does well enough to stick w/ the Bills.

John Millet starting is an issue... Especially with no quality RT next to him.

I got criticized for bitching about the release of Urbik, but I think it will hurt if we start Miller.

People expect Miller to play like a third rounder but he was a significant reach then, IMO.

He was a fifth to sixth round kinda' talent and based on that and his struggles last year it's going to be a blessing if he somehow becomes a solid starter.

I won't miss Urbik but he was a better talent entering the league than Miller, IMO, but age and cap number rightfully dictated his release.

I'd be OK with the Bills RT options if they had Evans in there but I suspect Evans will probably go the Brandon Moore route and retire if he doesn't get a good contract offer.

At a 4.8 40-yard, doubtful.

That certainly crushed his draft stock so now he will have to earn it.

I'm not breaking any news when I say that players with very slow 40 times for their position have become good and even great players.

I agree.....the best crop of UDFA's they've had since Donahoe.

And made possible by a lot of teams drafting, and subsequently reaching, for need.

Striker is a lottery ticket.....especially for a team that likes to bring smaller players on the blitz.....he's pass rush ready.

Wasn't it Whaley who scoffed at the problems Kouandjio had in pass blocking against Striker?

Something like "there aren't any 210 pound pass rushers in the NFL so Cyrus should be fine". :doh:

If you can't beat em'.

And no way Zimmer should have gone undrafted in essentially 8 rounds.

It was surprising to see as many teams drafting blatantly for immediate need as much as they did this year and that left a few more surprising UDFA's than there should have been based on talent.

The DT class was so deep this year......and the league was already well stocked with monster DT's.......I wouldn't be surprised to see a lot of reaching for guard prospects in coming drafts.

If the Bills can free up some money I'd really like to see them make a run at Jahri Evans for this season......not feeling the talent level of John Miller in this NFL.

Nice post, #BADOL...see, you really can share opinions and knowledge without making everyone else out to be a dummy. :thumbsup:

People expect Miller to play like a third rounder but he was a significant reach then, IMO.

He was a fifth to sixth round kinda' talent and based on that and his struggles last year it's going to be a blessing if he somehow becomes a solid starter.

I won't miss Urbik but he was a better talent entering the league than Miller, IMO, but age and cap number rightfully dictated his release.

I'd be OK with the Bills RT options if they had Evans in there but I suspect Evans will probably go the Brandon Moore route and retire if he doesn't get a good contract offer.

That certainly crushed his draft stock so now he will have to earn it.

I'm not breaking any news when I say that players with very slow 40 times for their position have become good and even great players.

I'll give Miller a pass again because he was playing next to an inexperienced RT in Henderson who was also battling illness, and then a guy who joined the team 1/3 of the way into the season. And again didn't get coaching from Kromer until after game 6.

As for 40-time, yes, some players have game speed. I'm hoping he's one of them.

You're right, he didn't make All Pro his rookie season. Complete bust, Whaley needs to be fired for not drafting 7 All Pro's every year.

John Millet starting is an issue... Especially with no quality RT next to him.

I got criticized for bitching about the release of Urbik, but I think it will hurt if we start Miller.