UDFA Thread

• Replies 296
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

2 of Bills rookies among undrafteds to watch

ESPN NFL draft analyst Mel Kiper put together a list of top 30 undrafted players to watch in 2016. Two of the Bills 14 undrafted players made the list.

Kiper listed Bills FB Glenn Gronkowski and LB Eric Striker as two of his 30 undrafteds to keep an eye on. Here’s what he wrote on them.

Camp leg.

Yup and I'm okay with that. I have said multiple times this offseason that I pin most of the kicking problems on Sanborn. It was very noticeable with punting and I have to imagine it played a role with carp too.

Camp leg.

best they could do though? I wondered about this one too. Crosman recruit him ?

@billsupdates

5 undrafted free agents most likely to make #Bills roster http://ow.ly/8grf3004DpM

hype machine up and running via Rex

Yup and I'm okay with that. I have said multiple times this offseason that I pin most of the kicking problems on Sanborn. It was very noticeable with punting and I have to imagine it played a role with carp too.

still do not want to carry two kickers. just seems indulgent or silly. not sure which

Agreed 3/12. Now that the kick off is out to the 25, Carpenter can't hit that?

Now that it's 25 yards for a TB, Carpenter is fine on KO's since you don't want to get TB's anymore.

Agreed 3/12. Now that the kick off is out to the 25, Carpenter can't hit that?

Stronger legs will allow for hang time that will yield a better average starting position than kicking it through the end zone. I think the owners missed the boat on this rule change, it should lead to more returns.

Now that it's 25 yards for a TB, Carpenter is fine on KO's since you don't want to get TB's anymore.

One might think so. But i really am no expert on kickers. height, directional , hang time etc.

Justin Zimmer: "I'll have to work my butt off" (15:11)

Bills undrafted free agent signee Justin Zimmer joined The John Murphy Show to talk about his success at D-II Ferris State, his work with Olympic sprinter Michael Johnson and D-Line coach John Blake, and his eye-popping pro day bench press.

Right now on WGR is Bills undrafted rookie DL Justin Zimmer with John Murphy! Tune in:

Zimmer on his 1st week with the #Bills - the first couple of days, there was a lot to learn. I've caught my bearings now and I'm having fun

Zimmer on not getting invited to the NFL Combine - I had my hopes up, but was not expecting it #Bills

Zimmer on working w/D-line coach John Blake before Draft - we did drills that didn't prepare me for the Combine... (Cont.) #Bills

Zimmer on working w/D-line coach John Blake before Draft (cont.) - ...but that would make me a better player #Bills

Zimmer on his ability to do many bench presses - I have to press guys off me every game, so it shows that I can handle it #Bills

Zimmer - I think I was signed with Buffalo within an hour of the Draft ending #Bills

Zimmer - The last 3 days, we've been working with the veterans (on the D-line). They've all been great, more than willing to lend a hand

Zimmer - I watched a lot of the #Bills games as they have great interior guys. I want to mold my game after some of these guys.

Zimmer - I have to provide some versatility on the defense, and also play some good special teams when given the opportunity #Bills

The only place Shawn Oakman is going is prison.

Is he going to trial?

Already smarter than Mario;

"At rookie camp, Zimmer was mostly playing nose tackle. However, he played all over the defensive line for Ferris State and was mostly a three-technique defensive end. Despite all that's been made about the complexity of Ryan's defense, Zimmer is finding it to be simple in the early going.

"It's not bad for d-linemen," Zimmer said. "I mean if I was a DB I'd probably be lost right now, but d-line is relatively simple so I mean you just kind of have to know a few different things and line up. It's more physical than it is mental really."

Justin Zimmer: "I'll have to work my butt off" (15:11)

Right now on WGR is Bills undrafted rookie DL Justin Zimmer with John Murphy! Tune in:

Zimmer on his 1st week with the #Bills - the first couple of days, there was a lot to learn. I've caught my bearings now and I'm having fun

Zimmer on not getting invited to the NFL Combine - I had my hopes up, but was not expecting it #Bills

Zimmer on working w/D-line coach John Blake before Draft - we did drills that didn't prepare me for the Combine... (Cont.) #Bills

Zimmer on working w/D-line coach John Blake before Draft (cont.) - ...but that would make me a better player #Bills

Zimmer on his ability to do many bench presses - I have to press guys off me every game, so it shows that I can handle it #Bills

Zimmer - I think I was signed with Buffalo within an hour of the Draft ending #Bills

Zimmer - The last 3 days, we've been working with the veterans (on the D-line). They've all been great, more than willing to lend a hand

Zimmer - I watched a lot of the #Bills games as they have great interior guys. I want to mold my game after some of these guys.

Zimmer - I have to provide some versatility on the defense, and also play some good special teams when given the opportunity #Bills

another Kid easy to root for !