Fitz calls his shot -Update Signed w/Jets

• Replies 1.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Fitzy's on the Karlos offseason training regimen

Another picture from the side shows he isn't suffering from serious "Dunlap Disease" but he does still look pudgy to me. The wrinkle pattern in slacks is characteristic of pants purchased when the wearer was a few pounds lighter, and there seems to be a bit of a pocket gap. I would say he's been laying into some stress eating and lightening up on the workouts a bit. Maybe 5 lbs, maybe as much as 15 lbs.

The analysis being done on fitz's pants is groundbreaking and could change the NFL forever.

I like your insight jeremy.

This may just bleed/trickle into everyday c'mon man life too.

Much like the space program and Tang

Edited by 3rdand12

I like your insight jeremy.

This may just bleed/trickle into everyday c'mon man life too.

Much like the space program and Tang

All respect 3rdand12, but isn't talking about "trickling" in the context of guy's pants kind of....gross?

they still haven't signed their first round draft pick. After that they will have $6.76M in Top 51 cap space, per Spotrac.

I missed that! I have thought all along that the lack of negotiation with Fitz may have less to do with any "hard valuation" placed on Fitz and more to do with the Jets crappy cap situation.

Another picture from the side shows he isn't suffering from serious "Dunlap Disease" but he does still look pudgy to me. The wrinkle pattern in slacks is characteristic of pants purchased when the wearer was a few pounds lighter, and there seems to be a bit of a pocket gap. I would say he's been laying into some stress eating and lightening up on the workouts a bit. Maybe 5 lbs, maybe as much as 15 lbs.

They told him to suck in the gut on that pic.

Never understood beards.

It's hair that grows on your face.

Fitzy's on the Karlos offseason training regimen

vONT0FRp_bigger.jpgNYJetsFans ‏@JetsFanMedia

This pic was taken today at a golf tournament... Is Fitz really out of shape? Or is it just the shirt...

Cn12OnmWYAAFlim.jpg

That is clearly a world class athlete. Or possibly a rodeo clown. But certainly one of the two.

Edited by Augie

So basically, he is going to end up signing a 1 year $12M deal? That seems reasonable for both sides at this point.

That is pretty much the deal that I saw happening in the middle of June. The Jets have no choice (and had no choice then).

Edited by Kirby Jackson

@MMehtaNYDN

Sources: Jets have given Fitzpatrick multiple contract offers to pick from to end impasse http://www.nydailynews.com/sports/football/jets/jets-fitzpatrick-multiple-contract-offers-pick-article-1.2725186

CoN9IU1WcAAT499.jpg

Multiple contract offers?

After all the negotiation, I'm surprised they feel the need to offer Fitz a smorgasbord of options. Isn't clear yet what Fitz wants? It seems the Jets would either give Fitz what he wants or the closest approximation that they can live with. One offer.

Multiple contract offers?

After all the negotiation, I'm surprised they feel the need to offer Fitz a smorgasbord of options. Isn't clear yet what Fitz wants? It seems the Jets would either give Fitz what he wants or the closest approximation that they can live with. One offer.

They are going to give more guaranteed money to sign a longer deal. They probably have a 1,2, & 3 year option on the table. The Jets REALLY want to have Fitz cheap after this year. They would love to entice him to sign something like a 2 year deal with $18M guaranteed (as an example). They don't mind pushing a big chunk towards this year as long as they can keep him cheap for a year or 2. Fitz would rather sign a 1 year $12M guaranteed contract and bank on the fact that he can get more than $6M guaranteed on the market next year. I don't know the exact numbers but there's probably a point where the Jets can keep him beyond this year.