Fitz calls his shot -Update Signed w/Jets

In the

No he didn't... not at that age. We all want the Jets to overpay Fitz but they are actually being smart for once. They realize that even at Fitz's best fluke season he still reverted back to his bad self when needed most.

I'm not following you here. What does this mean? Fitz's counter offer to the Jest three year proposal was $12m, one year. Kind of obvious what Fitz thinks he's worth.

Fluke or not, reversion to past form or not.

GO BILLS!!!

• Replies 1.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

In the

No he didn't... not at that age. We all want the Jets to overpay Fitz but they are actually being smart for once. They realize that even at Fitz's best fluke season he still reverted back to his bad self when needed most.

I don't understand? Fitz proposed a 1 year $12M deal. The Jets proposal will pay him $12m in year one. For anyone saying that he isn't worth $12M a year both sides have already agreed that he is worth $12M this year!! The difference is the Jets are trying to hook him for future years at a discounted rate (a $6M average in years 2-3). He is saying thanks, but no thanks to that.

I'm not going to get into what anybody thinks he's "worth". It's a meaningless term, especially in the context of the list of QB salaries Kirby Jackson posted above. It only matters what Fitz thinks he's worth. He's made it pretty clear he's worth $12m for one year.

GO BILLS!!!

$12m for an experienced starter who knows the system for one year is about right. Jets can go with Geno's low rookie cap number and take the risk that he sucks or pay $12m for a reliable starter. They'll pay is my guess. Would be the same thing if we, say, still had Cassel and EJ... pay Cassel starter money or roll the dice with EJ. Yikes , that is a scary decision. Yet that seems to be the decision the Jets have to make. Another reason Rex brought value to the Bills. No Rex, no TT in all likelihood. And we'd be in the same spot as the Jets (and the 49ers for that matter). So all you Rex haters, gotta recognize the bad and the good he brought.

I'm not following you here. What does this mean? Fitz's counter offer to the Jest three year proposal was $12m, one year. Kind of obvious what Fitz thinks he's worth.

Fluke or not, reversion to past form or not.

GO BILLS!!!

Who cares about what Fitz thinks he is worth. Every player over thinks their value. Everyone else KNOWS what he is worth which is why no other teams really cared about signing him.

He wants $12 million guaranteed, the Jets offer was with incentives which the Jets knew he wouldn't be able to achieve "very smart offer"

You are misconstruing my central point in this discussion. Leverage is not the primary issue for me. I simply don't consider Fitz to be a starting caliber qb. It's as simple as that. To me Fitz is an adequate backup caliber of qb.

In your first paragraph with qbs and salaries you are using them to make a point of relativity. You are actually making the opposite point of the perils of over-paying relative to performance. In the examples you cite those qbs were able to garner rich contracts based on potential. That is not the case with Fitz. He has been in the league for around a decade. He is what he is, and he is what he will forever be: an adequate backup talent. The teams you cited took calculated risks and made projections on their qbs. That is not the case in NY.

Here is the central disagreement. The guy broke franchise records as a QB. He was 15th in yards and tied for 10th in TDs in the current system with the current players around him. I don't understand how those numbers equate to arguably the 40th best QB in the league (an adequate backup)?

He is asking to be paid as about the 29th highest QB (if you factor out guys on a rookie deal). Both sides have agreed that $12M for this year is fine. It is a matter of what happens after this year that has them held up.

Who cares about what Fitz thinks he is worth. Every player over thinks their value. Everyone else KNOWS what he is worth which is why no other teams really cared about signing him.

He wants $12 million guaranteed, the Jets offer was with incentives which the Jets knew he wouldn't be able to achieve "very smart offer"

That was the guaranteed year one salary in the Jets deal.

It wasn't the offer with incentives that Fitz rejected, it was the three year structure.

Who cares about what Fitz thinks he's worth? Well, Fitz for one.

That's kind of the entire point here.

GO BILLS!!!

This shows how blinded some people are in Fitz's actual value.

http://ftw.usatoday.com/2016/06/nfl-new-york-jets-ryan-fitzpatrick-contract-stalemate-explained

Who cares about what Fitz thinks he's worth? Well, Fitz for one.

That's kind of the entire point here.

GO BILLS!!!

That isn't the point here at all since Fitz isn't the one talking in this thread.

https://twitter.com/Cianaf/status/735615271768055808

http://ftw.usatoday.com/2016/06/nfl-new-york-jets-ryan-fitzpatrick-contract-stalemate-explained

That isn't the point here at all since Fitz isn't the one talking in this thread.

Both sides have already agreed that he is worth $12M this year. That isn't up for debate. It is the structure and future money that they are arguing over. The Jets want to spread the cap hit and hook Fitz cheap for 2017-2018. Fitz does like what they have in store for 2017-2018.

https://twitter.com/Cianaf/status/735615271768055808

Oh, since Fitz isn't talking in this thread, the point isn't about what Fitz thinks he's worth at all.

That is the funniest take in the entire thread. Well done.

GO BILLS!!!

Oh, since Fitz isn't talking in this thread, the point isn't about what Fitz thinks he's worth at all.

That is the funniest take in the entire thread. Well done.

GO BILLS!!!

Now you are just getting stupid b.c you have no argument. You can't trust what a player thinks they are worth yet you think he is worth what he says. This is what I am getting at... he isn't worth what he wants. Everyone seems to know this but you. Edited by Beef Jerky

Now you are just getting stupid b.c you have no argument. You can't trust what a player thinks they are worth yet you think he is worth what he says. This is what I am getting at... he isn't worth what he wants. Everyone seems to know this but you.

You are unhinged and confusing me with others in this thread. One more time:

IT DOESN'T PHUCKING MATTER WHAT ANYONE HERE THINKS HE'S WORTH, ONLY WHAT FITZ THINKS HE'S WORTH. For you to suggest it doesn't matter what Fitz thinks he's worth because he's not in this thread discussing it is absurd.

Like I said, I don't give a crap what he's worth. Ultimately, he will be worth whatever he signs for. If you can't understand that simple concept, so be it.

But as a Bills fan, I hope Geno starts for them.

GO BILLS!!!

You are unhinged and confusing me with others in this thread. One more time:

IT DOESN'T PHUCKING MATTER WHAT ANYONE HERE THINKS HE'S WORTH, ONLY WHAT FITZ THINKS HE'S WORTH. For you to suggest it doesn't matter what Fitz thinks he's worth because he's not in this thread discussing it is absurd.

Like I said, I don't give a crap what he's worth. Ultimately, he will be worth whatever he signs for. If you can't understand that simple concept, so be it.

But as a Bills fan, I hope Geno starts for them.

GO BILLS!!!

Doesn't matter what Fitz thinks he is worth, matter what the Jets think he is worth and the Jets think he is worth what most of us here think. If it mattered what Fitz thinks then the Jets would have cared about giving him that.

Doesn't matter what Fitz thinks he is worth, matter what the Jets think he is worth and the Jets think he is worth what most of us here think. If it mattered what Fitz thinks then the Jets would have cared about giving him that.

That's not true. Both sides have to come to an agreement. That's what a negotiation is. Both sides have agree to $12M for this year. The scope of it is what is up for debate.

Well, apparently the Jest think he's worth exactly what Fitz thinks he's worth as their offer included the $12m guaranteed that Fitz is seeking. But again, for you to suggest it doesn't matter what Fitz thinks he's worth is absurd. It's the crux of the entire matter.

Oh, and as to who is obsessed with Fitz, before engaging you in this mindless drivel this morning, I had two posts in this entire thread. How many did you have before today?

GO BILLS!!!

Edited by K-9

Well, apparently the Jest think he's worth exactly what Fitz thinks he's worth as their offer included the #12m guaranteed that Fitz is seeking. But again, for you to suggest it doesn't matter what Fitz thinks he's worth is absurd. It's the crux of the entire matter.

Oh, and as to who is obsessed with Fitz, before engaging you in this mindless drivel this morning, I had two posts in this entire thread. How many did you have before today?

GO BILLS!!!

They don't think that since they want him for less money over 3 years then 1 year at $12 million. So your obsession started today? Well the first step in your recovery is admitting to when it started. Edited by Beef Jerky

They don't think that since they want him for less money over 3 years then 1 year at $12 million.

The dollar figure is not in question. Both sides agree to $12m guaranteed. Dollar figure = worth. I typed that extra slow to give you a chance to grasp the concept.

The Jest need to spread that over three years in order to alleviate the cap hit of that $12m they don't presently have room for otherwise.

Are we done now?

GO BILLS!!!

The dollar figure is not in question. Both sides agree to $12m guaranteed. Dollar figure = worth. I typed that extra slow to give you a chance to grasp the concept.

The Jest need to spread that over three years in order to alleviate the cap hit of that $12m they don't presently have room for otherwise.

Are we done now?

GO BILLS!!!

Hey you are finally getting... they don't believe he is really worth $12 instead the cap hit is less over three years. With incentives that they know he couldn't achieve. Edited by Beef Jerky

Hey you are finally getting... they don't believe he is really worth $12 instead the cap hit is less over three years.

Now I am confused? Both team have agreed to a guaranteed $12M for 2016. That isn't up for debate. The Jets need it to be structured as a signing bonus to prorate the cap hit. To do that they need a multi year deal. If the Jets make years 2-3 voidable if he meets certain criteria (like the Tyrod deal) we will probably have a deal. The $12m is not in question.

Hey you are finally getting... they don't believe he is really worth $12 instead the cap hit is less over three years. With incentives that they know he couldn't achieve.

Are you slow or deliberately obtuse? $12m guaranteed, is $12m guaranteed. How the Jest need to amortize the amount doesn't change that fact.

They don't believe he is really worth the $12m guaranteed, yet that is EXACTLY what they offered him. I can't get this comedy at home. Great stuffy, jerky.

GO BILLS!!!

Now I am confused? Both team have agreed to a guaranteed $12M for 2016. That isn't up for debate. The Jets need it to be structured as a signing bonus to prorate the cap hit. To do that they need a multi year deal. If the Jets make years 2-3 voidable if he meets certain criteria (like the Tyrod deal) we will probably have a deal. The $12m is not in question.

Sigh... if you are confused then there is no hope for you to ever understand contracts.