Fitz calls his shot -Update Signed w/Jets

• Replies 1.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

You are over-analyzing the situation. Being a serviceable qb is a fair description of him. He has been on the move from franchise to franchise not because he is coveted but because he is not so coveted. The value and cost for mediocrity has a low ceiling. As far as I am concerned the Jets have been more than fair (if not too generous) with their offer.

Fitz is an economics major from Harvard. The market has spoken with its silence. Eventually this very smart person will figure out what his actual worth is. The Jets are doing him a favor with their offer. If he doesn't understand that reality he will soon be in a less physical field of endeavor.

So the "more to the story" part might be fitz is perpetually pricing himself off of teams then?

Fitz talks could drag into preseason per Rapaport

http://www.nfl.com/news/story/0ap3000000675452/article/jets-ryan-fitzpatrick-talks-could-drag-into-preseason?campaign=Twitter_atn

He won't return Brandon Marshall's texts - uh oh

They are totally losing the offseason

Ryan Fitzpatrick's N.J. house is for rent, as Jets standoff drags on

http://nypost.com/2016/07/19/bleakest-sign-yet-ryan-fitzpatricks-nj-home-is-for-rent/

With the Jets preparing to report to training camp next Wednesday, free agent quarterback Ryan Fitzpatrick's house in this posh Morris County suburb is available for rent.
It is unclear why Fitzpatrick decided to not renew his lease. It doesn't neccesarily mean he won't re-sign with the Jets. But it is clear Fitzpatrick is moving, either elsewhere in northern New Jersey (if he returns to the Jets) or out of the area.
It is also possible that, given his current contract uncertainty, Fitzpatrick didn't want to commit to renewing his lease, because he couldn't be sure he'd even need to live in New Jersey any longer.

Personally if I was about to go into situation where fans were going to go ballistic (fanatic) I probably would move and not let know press/publc where I was moving to - his kids need to go to school in fall but it will be settled before then and it would be less of an impact to family to just be on vacation during this period.

I have a hunch that Chan Gailey will get some production out of Geno. He was named starter last year ahead of Fitz and Gailey is very familiar with Fitz.

Gailey has a history of making nobody QBs into decent starters.

...who don't win much.

and because neither one has better options. Or any options.

Fitz has no options, as he doesn't have anyone asking for his services. The Jets can just go with Geno Smith. We may not LIKE the options, but they clearly have them.

It's a big risk for the Jets to not bring Fitz back. As I've said all along, it's the right decision, but it may not be the realistic one. If Geno struggles and they fall out of the playoffs, people will be out for Bowles and Maccagnan's blood.

Edited by jeremy2020

It's a big risk for the Jets to not bring Fitz back. As I've said all along, it's the right decision, but it may not be the realistic one. If Geno struggles and they fall out of the playoffs, people will be out for Bowles and Maccagnan's blood.

I would expect Bowles to skate under those circumstances.

I would expect Bowles to skate under those circumstances.

He most certainly would, that would be on ownership and the GM not Bowles. The Jets have a ready made roster to try and compete with a journey QB in Fitz, if they decide that they are better off playing hardball and going with Geno that would shock me. Woody dished out some major $ the past two seasons I can't see how he justifys stopping at QB. Brady is suspended 4 games...you have a veteran team...if not now... when?

Fitz has no options, as he doesn't have anyone asking for his services. The Jets can just go with Geno Smith. We may not LIKE the options, but they clearly have them.

We as Bills fans love these options-

Fitz retires leaving the Jets with Geno, no need to explain.

Fitz comes back and starts for the Jets, Bills beat him twice. The second time to send the Jets home.

Fitz plays for another team the Bills face, giving the Bills a great shot at a win.

Fitz plays for someone else in the NFL, thus they are not a real contender.

Edited by atlbillsfan1975