Fitz calls his shot -Update Signed w/Jets

• Replies 1.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I know he does a lot of brain training to keep his mind sharp to try and ward off the effects of concussions. I wonder if he's realizing that it's not worth it to play anymore at X amount of money. It would only be worth it if he was making more.

Or he could just be bluffing because he doesn't really have much leverage at this point. The Jets can just get Hoyer for cheap and there's not going to be much of a dropoff

Edited by kdiggz

I was thinking this before

I believed Fitz wasn't necessarily maxing out. Just putting a value on his health/risk.

makes sense. He's made a lot of money and one can reasonably assume he's been careful with his finances. He plays one way - hard. His body has taken a beating. I could see him putting a dollar amount on whether it is worth it.

@evansilva

From @AdamSchefter: Ryan Fitzpatrick has told people he would "rather not play football" than play for the #Jets at their contract offer.

I guess he does not care about Decker and Brandon's feelings much does he ?

If he has taken all that beating then money should not be the issue. I call bs.

Both sides have risks. I don't see why they don't meet in the middle and just wrap up with $11 mil per year for two years with $12 mil guaranteed.

Simple and move on. Why would the Jets draft another developmental project after Geno, Grayson, and now Lynch, Cook, Cardsle Jones? Makes no sense at all. Just pay him between back up and starter money. The majority of starting QB's make over $16 mil a year.

Both sides lose if they stay in this impasse. Not that I care if any other team makes good decisions in the AFCE.

This Fitz fellow, I decided to look a bit further into him, and I've come upon a piece of information that you might all find enlightening and useful. It turns out that he is, in fact, a graduate of Harvard University! I think that this would be of interest to the various concerned parties, and that the broadcast organizations and their play by play teams should be made aware of this, stat!

The Jets with Fitzpatrick are the 2nd best team in the division.

The Jets without Fitzpatrick are battling for the basement with Buffalo.

The Jets aren't better than the Bills with or without Fitz.

The Jets should just give him a two year deal and draft a guy. Fitz would be a great guy to mentor a young qb (not Geno or Petty because they aren't any good), & it will make Marshall and Decker happy.

If BO and Bradford are worth their contracts, so is Fitz.