Brady suspension reinstated!

FireChan

• Replies 940
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

A former teammate of Tom Brady's thinks he's ready to quit fighting the NFL over Deflategate.

With the ruling on Monday morning to reinstate the Tom Brady suspension stemming from Deflategate, it's logical to assume a summer of legal and PR battling is about to begin.

But what if Brady and the Patriots just decide to give up the fight? Most folks don't think that's the case, but former Patriots star Willie McGinest, now working on NFL Network, said Monday afternoon on the network he believes Brady is "exhausted" and will "do whatever the league wants him to do" in order to "move on."

Am I the only one that feels a little nervous about this?

Wouldn't this be the perfect motivation? Plus, he's 38 years old. So now, he gets an extra rest from game conditions.

If they can go 3-1 or even 2-2 over this period, they get a rested, probably maniacally-obsessed-with-winning Brady back for game 5 on. I would expect Bellicheck to use this to motivate his team also.

Wouldn't this be the perfect motivation? Plus, he's 38 years old. So now, he gets an extra rest from game conditions.

If they can go 3-1 or even 2-2 over this period, they get a rested, probably maniacally-obsessed-with-winning Brady back for game 5 on. I would expect Bellicheck to use this to motivate his team also.

isn't this how he usually is?

I've taken the same stance since the beginning of the issue. Nothing odd about it.

I'm sure the guy who flew a lawnmower attached to a chair into the Capital thought there was nothing odd about his stance on campaign finance reform, either.

If Jimmy goes 3-1 the only thing that could stop them would be the wheels coming off Brady.

@PFF

Patriots had biggest gap in passing grade rank and pass-block rank in 2015. How will new QB Jimmy Garoppolo hold up?

Maybe it won't be Jimmy G. Maybe they'll draft a future HOF replacement QB in round 1. Oh, wait.... Never mind. It just gets sweeter. :)

That was a fun read that essentially led me to conclude that the NFL's lawyers are a lot better at their job than the NFLPA's lawyers.

NFLPA leaders depended too much on getting in court what they could not get on bargaining floor.

If I was a NFL player who was not making multi-millions per year and was not getting in trouble I'd be looking for other like players and try to split from union offer to renegotiate contract with more emphasis on issues even if it meant I'd be spending more time with team in study sessions, training, etc. In time the undesirables would be cut off from their support and those making multi-millions per year and not constantly being suspended, etc would realize they were paying for association with trouble makers.