Jarius Wynn to OLB

• Replies 72
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

How odd that Rex suddenly seems to have his QB and a good offense but the defense (which WAS this team's strength) seems to be his problem....

I find it impossible to believe that he won't get this defense working for this season. Unless he suddenly forgot how to coach defense or something (which I doubt).

Maybe it's just wishful thinking on my part...But I think this move solidifies the fact that a D-lineman with positional versatility is the #1 need on this Bills team...

I know some folks are going to be concentrating on on DE/OLB...And no question the Bills need to improve their pass rush...But if Rex is in fact going to be "all in" on his scheme he needs a guy he can move around, and someone who will be very effective doing so...Think of Mohammad Wilkerson...That's what this Defense needs...

That being said I think the names to watch at #19 (I'm assuming that Shedon Rankins will be gone...and I'm also not 100% convinced he's the best fit for this role because some NT will be required) are A'Shawn Robinson, Jarran Reed, Vernon Butler, and my personal favorite Chris Jones...Nkemdiche is a picture perfect fit as well...But his off-the-field stuff is enough to scare any NFL team away...Even one with Rex as a HC... B-)

Spencer Johnson was a 305lbs OLB, Wynn can add depth at 260lbs. He lost 20lbs already. God job. The guy can play.

Wynn is a 7th year player who missed all of 2015 with an injury and will be learning a new position in Rex's defense.

How do we know he can, "play?"

How odd that Rex suddenly seems to have his QB and a good offense but the defense (which WAS this team's strength) seems to be his problem....

I find it impossible to believe that he won't get this defense working for this season. Unless he suddenly forgot how to coach defense or something (which I doubt).

Rex tried to do something he has never done, run 2 defenses. It didnt work. Last year was not his defense.

So, the plan is to have a heavy DE that has only ever played on the defensive line that has knee problems lose weight and learn a brand new position.

I don't know what could go wrong.

Are you really looking at it that way? Wynn is a depth player. He was asked to switch positions. He lost weight. Nothing more to see here.

This fits the mold of what Rex has done in the past, moving Coples and Pace from DE to OLB. Suggs made the transition as well if my memory serves me.

If Wynn can cut the weight and add some agility and speed, could be an effective depth player with some existing pass rush ability, a solid 3rd down rotational rusher in the scheme Rex wants to run, in addition to being able to set the edge and contribute in run support rotationally as well. Keeps doors open draft wise as well.

Wasn't that in 2013?

yes, as i said, i havent rewatched to see him in coverage last year so i cant comment much but do recall him getting beat on a few big plays in that game when he was specifically shifted to a lb role with coverage. he gave up the big TD play to stills and was atleast one if not both of the TDs to graham.

if he is shifting out of the D line room and into the linebacker room, and in a role where he will be in coverage more -- its old but its a game where he played essentially the same position. he was never asked to do that in 2014. can you comment how often did he play that position last year and how did it work out? otherwise, its the most recent data point i have in memory.

DJ Reader, DT, Clemson

He's one of my favorite DT in this draft and could be had probably in the 4th round or so.

I think the Bills would like to take at least 2 D-linemen in this Draft...One that can play the nose and one that can play all over...If you really look at it now the Bills have Dareus, Bryant, and a 32 year old KW coming off an injury...That's really about it...Unless of course anyone thinks T.J. Barnes or Jerel Worthy are going to turn into something... B-)

Edited by KOKBILLS

Well....it is all from what prospective you look at it

We of course know which one you will be siding on

You're not a slight bit skeptical of a franchise that's below .500 the past 3 seasons? With a HC who hasn't made the playoffs the last 6 seasons?

BTW...prospective?

I guess we're done here.

You're not a slight bit skeptical of a franchise that's below .500 the past 3 seasons? With a HC who hasn't made the playoffs the last 6 seasons?

BTW...prospective?

I guess we're done here.

Pick me I can play.

You're not a slight bit hopeful of a franchise that's above .500 the past 2 seasons? With a HC that has made 2 AFC championship games?

BTW...prospective?

I guess we're done here.

Is your MO so ingrained that you are ignoring facts now? :blink: