Watkins absent for start of voluntary workouts

BarleyNY

• Replies 267
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Glad he's back. #allin

Agreed. Glad he didn't miss much time so it turns out it wasn't that big of a deal. (Note to those taking great umbrage regarding the comments people like me made about Watkins missing time: Most of us had an "if he misses a lot of time" qualifier to our comments.)

Agreed. Glad he didn't miss much time so it turns out it wasn't that big of a deal. (Note to those taking great umbrage regarding the comments people like me made about Watkins missing time: Most of us had an "if he misses a lot of time" qualifier to our comments.)

A TSW thread with overreactions over an almost non-story? Hardly ever happens.

Edited by 26CornerBlitz

He wasn't even the best in the AFC.

At the 2/3 mark of the season, Sammy had missed 3 of 12 games and had over 6 catches in a game only once. In 5 of those first 9 games he appeared in, he had 3 or fewer catches. 6 TDs in 9 games.

That has greatly to do with QB throwing to him though - there are a number of QBs in NFL would would have thrown him more balls if he had been on those teams.

I'm just hoping that whoever benefited from the extra elasti-band arm curl reps while Sammy was out, didn't waste them. It is critical that these guys seize the opportunity to maximize their medicine ball reps, too. Nothing Sammy can do about the lost tire drag reps though. And I'm not sure he can ever make up for the lost heavy rope reps.

GO BILLS!!!

I'm just hoping that whoever benefited from the extra elasti-band arm curl reps while Sammy was out, didn't waste them. It is critical that these guys seize the opportunity to maximize their medicine ball reps, too. Nothing Sammy can do about the lost tire drag reps though. And I'm not sure he can ever make up for the lost heavy rope reps.

GO BILLS!!!

In Sammy's absence, Lewis and Salas got a lot of first team pilates reps while Woods pulled away from the field in the spin class portion of the practice. Its pretty safe to say that entering OTAs, Sammy is miles behind the group in yogercize and hot kegels. With only 6 roses remaining, hes on the bubble of making the final 3 in Buffalo's Next Top Receiver contest.

Anyone remember when Fred Jackson skipped voluntary work a few years back?

Seriously.

They're workouts--I'd rather he be there, but we also need to relax. The chances that Sammy shows up out of shape or not ready to work are close to 0%.

are they?

This is the guy that has battled injuries.

I am just being devils advocate to some degree Bandit. but missing two days when NO one else did is notable.

is it momentus ? Hardly.

:devil:

ad1aa3e0124395fd0a9fd1110ecab17f.gif?144

OMG

screw the context

hilariously well placed greggy

:beer:

:worthy:

This is so stupid it's just people freaking out bc they are bored

freaking out. yes that is what we are doing. freaking right the freak out.

But you are correct about what we are paying attention to.

small stuff

like Wynn being moved to OLB and Tony Steward quitting Nascar

I haven't actually read the thread... are people actually upset about it, or is it just a bunch of people being sarcastic about the idea of people being upset about it?

yes

I wonder what we could get for him?

Well Dallas likes guys with major attitude problems Maybe ask Jerry and Stephen Jones if they have any interest in a malcontent.

That has greatly to do with QB throwing to him though - there are a number of QBs in NFL would would have thrown him more balls if he had been on those teams.

Don't bother arguing with WEO. He's a pats fan and cherry picks out small segments of data to back up whatever his jump to conclusions mat said that day.

A TSW thread with overreactions over an almost non-story? Hardly ever happens.

Except always.

So, have we heard yet who benefitted from getting Sammy's time on the recumbent bike Monday and Tuesday?

Don't bother arguing with WEO. He's a pats fan and cherry picks out small segments of data to back up whatever his jump to conclusions mat said that day.

My conclusion was that Watkins was not the best NFL receiver at the 2/3 point of the season, which was someone else's conclusion.

You seem like a fairly bright guy---show us how Watkins was the best at that specific point in the season.

My conclusion was that Watkins was not the best NFL receiver at the 2/3 point of the season, which was someone else's conclusion.

You seem like a fairly bright guy---show us how Watkins was the best at that specific point in the season.

Not sure about by that particular point, but I'll go ahead and state that he was in the conversation as the best in football over the final 8 weeks of the season

EDIT: here's a link that tells the story pretty clearly

http://nysportsbiz.com/2016/01/04/sammy-watkins-arguably-nfls-top-wr-2nd-half-season/

Edited by thebandit27

Not sure about by that particular point, but I'll go ahead and state that he was in the conversation as the best in football over the final 8 weeks of the season

EDIT: here's a link that tells the story pretty clearly

http://nysportsbiz.com/2016/01/04/sammy-watkins-arguably-nfls-top-wr-2nd-half-season/

Different argument completely, and if the poster had made that point, he may have been more believable.

But even that article demonstrates that Brown was the best (which is what I was getting at in my post as well).