Watkins absent for start of voluntary workouts

BarleyNY

• Replies 267
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Yep. Only a softie would play through a foot fracture and still post top-5 numbers for the final 9 games of the season in a run-first offense.

Actually, I think it would take someone who is tough and has some serious grit. But what do I know?

Actually, I think it would take someone who is tough and has some serious grit. But what do I know?

Clearly, the man has resolve.

A durable body? That's beyond debate, at this point.

It's a shame that there's a real possibility that these injuries prevent him from having what could be a long and phenomenal career.

Clearly, the man has resolve.

A durable body? That's beyond debate, at this point.

It's a shame that there's a real possibility that these injuries prevent him from having what could be a long and phenomenal career.

I was just messing with Bandit, but I do want to have a rare, serious moment, on this topic.

I don't like Sammy Watkins, the person, up to this point in his Bills' tenure. I think he's got a big mouth. I think he's got a delusional sense of entitlement and I think he's got the maturity of a 14-year-old.

But, hot damn, the kid has talent. I agree that, healthy, he would have a long and phenomenal career. He is young. There is time for him to mature, learn how to talk to (and when NOT to talk to) the media and to handle himself like a professional. I sincerely hope that these injuries are not a yearly thing. For his sake and for the Bills' sake. He could be very special.

I was just messing with Bandit, but I do want to have a rare, serious moment, on this topic.

I don't like Sammy Watkins, the person, up to this point in his Bills' tenure. I think he's got a big mouth. I think he's got a delusional sense of entitlement and I think he's got the maturity of a 14-year-old.

But, hot damn, the kid has talent. I agree that, healthy, he would have a long and phenomenal career. He is young. There is time for him to mature, learn how to talk to (and when NOT to talk to) the media and to handle himself like a professional. I sincerely hope that these injuries are not a yearly thing. For his sake and for the Bills' sake. He could be very special.

I'll happily concede inconsistent logic on this point: I have no problem with his attitude...because he's a wide receiver. And mostly--as you've pointed out--because he's a damn good one.

I also don't believe his attitude has anything to do with the nature of injuries he's sustained, and I think they, more than anything, will impact his longevity/success in the NFL.

A foot injury scares the bejeezus out of me.

It's also a damn shame that a premature exit from the league and an inability to produce to his potential solely because of injuries (as the case has been to date) will enable some Bills "fans" to further question the pick and its cost.

I'll happily concede inconsistent logic on this point: I have no problem with his attitude...because he's a wide receiver. And mostly--as you've pointed out--because he's a damn good one.

I also don't believe his attitude has anything to do with the nature of injuries he's sustained, and I think they, more than anything, will impact his longevity/success in the NFL.

A foot injury scares the bejeezus out of me.

It's also a damn shame that a premature exit from the league and an inability to produce to his potential solely because of injuries (as the case has been to date) will enable some Bills "fans" to further question the pick and its cost.

I agree that the attitude and the injuries are unrelated.

I also agree that the injuries leading to people questioning how he was acquired would be a damn shame.