Watkins absent for start of voluntary workouts

BarleyNY

• Replies 267
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Good...maybe that'll help them win a road playoff game just once.

Good participation isn't why they win--they win because they have Brady.

Doesn't mean I wouldn't rather have everyone there; I would.

To think that it'll be the difference between having a successful season and missing the playoffs, well, I don't believe that.

It seems the Patriots are "all in". :rolleyes:

I think what you're saying is that there's a difference in how it appears--as a practical matter, there's no difference; they're voluntary.

Nope, that's not what I'm saying at all. I'm saying that a veteran who hasn't had repeated injury issues, is old enough that wearing down during the season might be an issue and who has proven he knows how to prepare his body is one thing. A third year player who has had repeated injury issues, including non contact injuries that caused him to miss games in both of his pro seasons is another.

That's not to say that there isn't an appearance problem, but that's not primarily the issue in my opinion. He does invite additional scrutiny should he get injured again.

Edited by BarleyNY

Good...maybe that'll help them win a road playoff game just once.

Good participation isn't why they win--they win because they have Brady.

Doesn't mean I wouldn't rather have everyone there; I would.

To think that it'll be the difference between having a successful season and missing the playoffs, well, I don't believe that.

You're probably missing the point.

I guess you didn't catch the sarcasm with the rolling eyes icon.

I caught it--I just suck at interpreting those emojiguys or whatever they're called unless they're painfully obvious.

Nope, that's not what I'm saying at all. I'm saying that a veteran who hasn't had repeated injury issues, is old enough that wearing down during the season might be an issue and who has proven he knows how to prepare his body is one thing. A third year player who has had repeated injury issues, including non contact injuries that caused him to miss games in both of his pro seasons is another.

Ah...I guess I see your point; I don't really agree with it, but I don't know that his teammates feel the same way that I do.

For me, because Sammy's injury issues (which have been more of the "nicked up" variety) haven't resulted from being out of shape, I'd like to think that his teammates and coaches won't be hugely concerned as long as he shows up in the kind of condition they expect.

You're probably missing the point.

No, the apparent point is that NE is committed to winning because they've got 100% participation.

It has a nice look/feel to it, but my position is that while it's nice to have, it isn't make-or-break

There is one reason why the patriots win....and it isnt because everyone attends a optional off season conditioning segment

It's a reflection on their unity, team spirit, whatever you want to call it. The players want to be there and they hold each other accountable. A running narrative with this team has been lack of leadership, lack of buying in, lack of togetherness. We lost Mario because of it and the defense was a mess. The good teams do things the right way. Can we win if we don't have 100% attendance? Sure. But wouldn't you rather hear news about how opinions and attitudes are changing and they are becoming a much more solid unit? I know I would

Are we done with the outrage yet?

Not quite.

Obviously, it will be revealed in time that the reason he obviously skipped the first day of voluntary workouts is that he obviously was huddled with his defense team as they prepared for the obviously impending indictment on 2nd degree attempted murder charges stemming from the obviously vicious assault on uniformed policemen at Recess in Philadelphia. Obviously. Plus crafting a defense against the 15 game suspension that Pete Rozelle is going to throw at him, obviously.