Watkins absent for start of voluntary workouts

BarleyNY

• Replies 267
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Really? We talkin bout missing practice?

tumblr_me2xj0hXvN1qe1x8qo1_500.gif

Yep and maybe if AI practised harder he might have been a winner but he was a supremely talented player that never won anything. Lebron or Kobe or Michael never had any questions about their work ethic and look at the championships they've racked up. Football, like basketball, is a team sport and you can't just get by on talent alone

8-8 = inept?

Goodness, what adjectives did you use during the past 15 years of sub .500 records?

Well, to be fair, he's more of a baseball guy.

I don't think anyone would be complaining if we were a winning franchise.

You don't know us very well, do you?

Which is why strength of schedule doesn't affect playoff seeding, right?

on topic please

more like "look at him, look at him, let's get mad at that guy because he had a choice."

it wasnt a smart post by watkins, i wont argue otherwise --

him missing voluntary OTAs to do a camp with friends, and staying out late one night after seems like a pretty silly thing to get upset about though.

i have a feeling that as long as sammy is handling his business when in house, his teammates probably said "look at sammy winning that money! hell yea!" obviously if they think he loafs, is arrogant, etc... that could play different.

Anyone remember when Fred Jackson skipped voluntary work a few years back?

him missing voluntary OTAs to do a camp with friends, and staying out late one night after seems like a pretty silly thing to get upset about though.

i have a feeling that as long as sammy is handling his business when in house, his teammates probably said "look at sammy winning that money! hell yea!" obviously if they think he loafs, is arrogant, etc... that could play different.

Seriously.

They're workouts--I'd rather he be there, but we also need to relax. The chances that Sammy shows up out of shape or not ready to work are close to 0%.

i agree Edited by Not at the table Karlos

Anyone remember when Fred Jackson skipped voluntary work a few years back?

Seriously.

They're workouts--I'd rather he be there, but we also need to relax. The chances that Sammy shows up out of shape or not ready to work are close to 0%.

I'm not saying that this is the worst thing ever, but there's a huge difference between a veteran, workhorse RB who is getting toward the end of his career missing voluntary workouts and a third year, oft injured WR missing them.

I'm not saying that this is the worst thing ever, but there's a huge difference between a veteran, workhorse RB who is getting toward the end of his career missing voluntary workouts and a third year, oft injured WR missing them.

I think what you're saying is that there's a difference in how it appears--as a practical matter, there's no difference; they're voluntary.

I wonder what the excuse will be when he has a monster year and surpasses them

at the 2/3 mark of last season there was no better WR on the field for any team

He wasn't even the best in the AFC.

At the 2/3 mark of the season, Sammy had missed 3 of 12 games and had over 6 catches in a game only once. In 5 of those first 9 games he appeared in, he had 3 or fewer catches. 6 TDs in 9 games.

Edited by Mr. WEO

Yep and maybe if AI practised harder he might have been a winner but he was a supremely talented player that never won anything. Lebron or Kobe or Michael never had any questions about their work ethic and look at the championships they've racked up. Football, like basketball, is a team sport and you can't just get by on talent alone

Kobe Bryant probably had the greatest worth ethic and offseason regiment of all-time for a pro athlete in any sport.

Edited by BuffaloBillsForever

But...what about the children?

Kobe Bryant probably had the greatest worth ethic and offseason regiment of all-time for a pro athlete in any sport.

Jerry Rice...

Good...maybe that'll help them win a road playoff game just once.

Good participation isn't why they win--they win because they have Brady.

Doesn't mean I wouldn't rather have everyone there; I would.

To think that it'll be the difference between having a successful season and missing the playoffs, well, I don't believe that.

Edited by thebandit27