Could Bills draft QB in 1st Round and trade Tyrod?

Sounds like a long shot, but what if Paxton Lynch falls to Buffalo at 19, they choose him then trade Tyrod for a 2nd or 3rd round pick to Denver. Any thoughts.

If they did this I would have to consider taking the season off. I wouldn't even think I would take 2 firsts.

• Replies 96
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

I could see Whaley doing something ballsy like that if Tyrod wasn't such a quality human being.

The guy has such a solid work ethic, drive and passion for the game that it simply doesn't make sense to let him go at this point regardless of what your compensation is.

I see a leader, great athlete and very accurate longball thrower who doesn't throw picks and has been properly groomed for the job.

Needs to see the field better, protect his body better, and improve his short passing/timing throws. I wouldnt trade the guy for a 1st overall pick right now, the position is too important and he might become great.

Sounds like a long shot, but what if Paxton Lynch falls to Buffalo at 19, they choose him then trade Tyrod for a 2nd or 3rd round pick to Denver. Any thoughts.

How about they choose him and then keep both QB's.

Paxton Lynch is a bit of a project and he should sit, watch and learn for a season. Meanwhile, the Bills will roll with Tyrod and watch to see if he develops into earning that 18 mill per his agent wants to get for him. Now that's a win-win!

Should Taylor fall on his face then they have a very solid backup plan in Lynch! However, should Taylor develop into that elite QB the Bills now have trade bait that can get them extra picks or if EJ still hasn't developed then you have a solid young backup QB.

It really is a win win.

You draft a QB with loads of potential in the first, Tyrod has chance to prove himself this year.

If Tyrod continues his improvement then you have a good problem on your hands with a first round talent and Tyrod.

If Tyrod regresses then it gives you another option at the position. A guy who had a year to take things in on the bench.

I know nothing about the QBs in the draft and if there is any worth taking in the first at 19, but if there is I wouldn't hate the pick for the reasons above and the fact that QB is by far the most important position in the sport.

Its not a win win unless your trying to get your HC fired.....which maybe you are

You cannot have a 1st round pick sitting on the bench.....that needs to be a impact player

How about they choose him and then keep both QB's.

Paxton Lynch is a bit of a project and he should sit, watch and learn for a season. Meanwhile, the Bills will roll with Tyrod and watch to see if he develops into earning that 18 mill per his agent wants to get for him. Now that's a win-win!

Should Taylor fall on his face then they have a very solid backup plan in Lynch! However, should Taylor develop into that elite QB the Bills now have trade bait that can get them extra picks or if EJ still hasn't developed then you have a solid young backup QB.

Its not a win win because we have other needs

trading TT is silly talk.

he finished in the Top 10 last season for passer rating, total qbr and pro football focus qb ratings.

all while playing behind half an O-line, missing his #2 WR for 11 games, missing his #1 RB for 4 games, missing his #1 WR for 3 games, missing his #1 TE for 3 games.

100 to 1 shot, if it's that high.

If they draft Lynch, what you'd expect them to do is keep Tyrod and continue seeing if he can be a franchise guy while developing Lynch. After a year of work and development, assuming Tyrod didn't step up or was consistently injured, Lynch would be in a much better position to succeed in year two.

Whaley is on record as saying all of the QBs in this years draft need to sit for a year.

"The guys I've seen, I like them and there are guys that could be potential future starters," Whaley said. "I just think it's going to be a process."

http://www.nfl.com/news/story/0ap3000000628867/article/bills-gm-doug-whaley-qbs-in-2016-draft-not-nflready

If he's being honest, I think it's a very long shot that he drafts a QB he thinks needs to sit for a year and gets rid of Tyrod.

I love how we were so desperate for a decent quarterback, and now that we have one, we're so desperate to move on from him

Whaley isn't completely sold on Tyrod and neither am I. Let him play another year and meanwhile draft Lynch (if he's there) and either start him in Year two and let Tyrod walk or tag Tyrod for another year and start Lynch in 2018. IF Tyrod shows he is a franchise QB this year, then you extend him and have Lynch as #2. You are solid at QB for a while, something we haven't been able to say about the Bills since Kelly.

I think that the asking price for Glennon is a 2nd; the Rams turned down a 1st for Bradford last year. The Bills wouldn't take a 3rd for Taylor.

I'm surprised Denver hasn't made an offer for Glennon. The Broncos are a defensive oriented team so they are mostly asking their qb to play smart and not force plays. Considering what their cap situation is this would be a reasonable move. If Tampa is asking for a second I suspect he could be had for a third round pick.

I'm surprised Denver hasn't made an offer for Glennon. The Broncos are a defensive oriented team so they are mostly asking their qb to play smart and not force plays. Considering what their cap situation is this would be a reasonable move. If Tampa is asking for a second I suspect he could be had for a third round pick.

I think that Glennon ultimately gets dealt. It depends on the draft and the Kap/Fitz situations. There really isn't much reason for TB to cling to him when he will never play. A 3rd sounds reasonable.

Its not a win win unless your trying to get your HC fired.....which maybe you are

You cannot have a 1st round pick sitting on the bench.....that needs to be a impact player

Its not a win win because we have other needs

Spoken like a fan who'd rather see Rex Ryan win 9 games than be a perennial Superbowl contender.