Could Bills draft QB in 1st Round and trade Tyrod?

Why?

Why would we trade a QB who went to the Pro Bowl for a QB who has yet to throw a pass in the NFL?

CBF

Because CBF

According to some here

- Going to the Pro Bowl doesnt mean anything

- Neither does having top 10 QB NFL stats

- Nor can he see over the middle of the field even though he has shown he can

- Nor can he throw from the pocket even though he has shown he can

• Replies 96
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Thats right....which is why im not trading a QB that I know CAN play

No man. Trade a QB who can play at least at a competent level in the NFL and put your 2016 hopes in a project who needs time before he's ready to play. Makes perfect sense. :thumbsup:

This is my secret plan,

19. Paxton Lynch QB, Memphis

49 Jeremy Cash SS, Duke

63. (pick from trade of Tyrod to Denver) Kamalei Correa OLB Boise St

80. Germain Ifedi, ROT Texas A&M

117. Antwaun Woods, NT USC

139. Jordon Payton WR, UCLA

156. Blake Martinez ILB, Stanford

192. Robert Aguayo PK Florida ST

Don't take this personally...

No, no, a thousand times no.

1) Don't trade Tyrod, and especially don't trade him simply to pin your hopes to Lynch. There's no reason to trade a guy with one year left on his deal just to stick an unproven rookie in the lineup.

2) I'm not a Lynch guy...at all. I don't like his accuracy, his aversion to downfield (or middle of the field) throws, or his ball placement.

3) I don't like Jeremy Cash at all--I'm not touching him. There are at least 5 or 6 safeties I'd rather have in round 2 (not including Karl Joseph, who I think goes in round 1).

4) Correa is probably a top-50 pick...he's getting 1st round consideration. I don't think you're getting him at 63.

5) There are teams that think Germain Ifedi can play LT, and I've heard that some teams even have a 1st round grade on him--getting him at 80 would be astonishing to me.

6) Aguayo is being talked about as a day-2 possibility. I don't see him lasting until 192

Sounds like a long shot, but what if Paxton Lynch falls to Buffalo at 19, they choose him then trade Tyrod for a 2nd or 3rd round pick to Denver. Any thoughts.

Who would play QB for the 2016 season while Lynch gets up to speed -- EJ?

well to spin this a bit..

If they drafted Lynch, let him develop under Tyrod next year and get a very good feeling about him?

And next year Taylor does much better and adds to his league wide perceived value, but the coaching staff feels he has reached his ceiling and Lynch ( insert QB) has shown much more upside?

i would consider it.

Which goes back to drafting one each year.

That being said

I would not draft one at 19 unless they feel that QB will succeed Taylor in one year or sooner.

And i would never trade anything hoping the grass is greener on the other side of the septic tank.

trading is for when you have leverage, not a guessing mans game

@RapSheet

#Bills ate dinner with Paxton Lynch, will visit with Connor Cook, Cardale Jones, did extensive work on Jared Goff… they are in the QB market

@ChrisBrownBills

Chris Brown Retweeted Ian Rapoport

Due diligence by #Bills - GM Doug Whaley said they'd add one to roster. Anytime after Rd. 1 a possibility.

@RyanTalbotBills

Ryan Talbot Retweeted Ian Rapoport

Bills have also done plenty of due diligence on Kevin Hogan, Dak Prescott, Christian Hackenberg, and Wentz as well.

Edited by 26CornerBlitz

Lynch played in a joke of an offense, they didn't even huddle up. I watched his bowl game and the flaws are readily apparent. I saw enough short innacurate passes to liken him to our main man EJ. At 19....that would be all to reminiscent of the reach for Manuel. Please don't do this to me...this class has plenty of project QB's to be had in later rounds. Heck id rather have Cardale than Lynch.

I hope someone takes him earlier I heard some rumors he might go at 15.

No, it's not possible. They would keep Tyrod as the starter and have the drafted player sitting on the bench and play him next season if they can't sign Tyrod.

The premise of the thread is a trade of Tyrod to Denver before this season. Makes no sense.

Saint...I understand that this is just a line of thinking and not yours

I think that if the bills did this I would seriously have to question management......have already seen what relying on a mid first round pick to solve their problems turns out.

I am actually not against drafting a qb.....i think we should draft a QB every year......but I honestly think that Tyrods best play is ahead of him. He was showing progression on things as the year went along.

Yea - I think this is incredibly unlikely but wouldn't be shocked if we get a guy and do take a hard look at another option in concert with tyrod (kind of ala Alex smith and kaepernick). If we get lucky enough to have a hard decision - GREAT!

I do think they like tyrod but I do think there's some left to prove before they fully commit and this contract delay isn't just a cap issue but wanting to stay flexible at the position