Could Bills draft QB in 1st Round and trade Tyrod?

• Replies 96
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Probably the dumbest move I could imagine. Aren't you just switching from a guy who showed something to a guy who's shown nothing in the NFL? That's why this QB merry-go-round drives me nuts.

Edited by PromoTheRobot

Sounds like a long shot, but what if Paxton Lynch falls to Buffalo at 19, they choose him then trade Tyrod for a 2nd or 3rd round pick to Denver. Any thoughts.

At this crossroad I don't think they would do that and I think the cost would be more than a 2nd if they did

Yes because good qbs are so easy to find

i mentioned it in another thread, but its possible they think hes at his ceiling and dont know how long the scheme can keep him there. i dont think thats the situation, but its possible given some of the limitations they seem to put on him on the field at times (same things could just be young qb growing).

wouldve been tarred and feathered for suggesting a fitz trade at his high water mark (i know, mid season so TOTALLY different), but imagine if we picked up some picks and a prospect we liked there instead of making a commitment.

again, i dont think its happening, im not advocating it -- but if it did happen i think it would send a clear message that what we thought we as fans were seeing wasnt what the coaches were seeing and they know the reads, and instruction they are giving. its one of those moves you just would have to hope for the best with (and brace for a rocky time on this board).

i mentioned it in another thread, but its possible they think hes at his ceiling and dont know how long the scheme can keep him there. i dont think thats the situation, but its possible given some of the limitations they seem to put on him on the field at times (same things could just be young qb growing).

wouldve been tarred and feathered for suggesting a fitz trade at his high water mark (i know, mid season so TOTALLY different), but imagine if we picked up some picks and a prospect we liked there instead of making a commitment.

again, i dont think its happening, im not advocating it -- but if it did happen i think it would send a clear message that what we thought we as fans were seeing wasnt what the coaches were seeing and they know the reads, and instruction they are giving. its one of those moves you just would have to hope for the best with (and brace for a rocky time on this board).

Saint...I understand that this is just a line of thinking and not yours

I think that if the bills did this I would seriously have to question management......have already seen what relying on a mid first round pick to solve their problems turns out.

I am actually not against drafting a qb.....i think we should draft a QB every year......but I honestly think that Tyrods best play is ahead of him. He was showing progression on things as the year went along.

Probably the dumbest move I could imagine. Aren't you just switching from a guy who showed something to a guy who's shown nothing in the NFL? That's why this QB merry-go-round drives me nuts.

agree. they Bills COULD do that but, they wont. at most they trade their 1st round pick off if its a good bargaining chip for their draft plans

This is my secret plan,

19. Paxton Lynch QB, Memphis

49 Jeremy Cash SS, Duke

63. (pick from trade of Tyrod to Denver) Kamalei Correa OLB Boise St

80. Germain Ifedi, ROT Texas A&M

117. Antwaun Woods, NT USC

139. Jordon Payton WR, UCLA

156. Blake Martinez ILB, Stanford

192. Robert Aguayo PK Florida ST

You'd think every Bills fans would have had enough of "QB merry-go-round" by now. Tyrod was our best starter since the 90's. Why give up on him now? In fact Lynch kind of scares me as being a potential bust as well. That's a story for another day. We have a guy that showed us some things, and now we want to try out luck again? I'm not opposed to drafting a QB and keeping Tyrod, but drafting a QB to replace Tyrod makes no sense.

This is my secret plan,

19. Paxton Lynch QB, Memphis

49 Jeremy Cash SS, Duke

63. (pick from trade of Tyrod to Denver) Kamalei Correa OLB Boise St

80. Germain Ifedi, ROT Texas A&M

117. Antwaun Woods, NT USC

139. Jordon Payton WR, UCLA

156. Blake Martinez ILB, Stanford

192. Robert Aguayo PK Florida ST

I love your draft.....right up until you talk about trading away a starting QB for a LB from Boise State

Sounds like a long shot, but what if Paxton Lynch falls to Buffalo at 19, they choose him then trade Tyrod for a 2nd or 3rd round pick to Denver. Any thoughts.

Why?

Why would we trade a QB who went to the Pro Bowl for a QB who has yet to throw a pass in the NFL?

CBF

Why?

Why would we trade a QB who went to the Pro Bowl for a QB who has yet to throw a pass in the NFL?

CBF

I don't want him traded but can't use the Pro Bowl to describe players anymore...wasn't he the 7th or 8th choice to play?

Why? Why would you trade a guy who has shown something in the NFL? Fine - take a QB in the first round, but the whole "trade Tyrod" thing makes zero sense.