Could Bills draft QB in 1st Round and trade Tyrod?

This is my secret plan,

19. Paxton Lynch QB, Memphis

49 Jeremy Cash SS, Duke

63. (pick from trade of Tyrod to Denver) Kamalei Correa OLB Boise St

80. Germain Ifedi, ROT Texas A&M

117. Antwaun Woods, NT USC

139. Jordon Payton WR, UCLA

156. Blake Martinez ILB, Stanford

192. Robert Aguayo PK Florida ST

Trade a starting NFL QB for a 3rd rd pick? You, sir, drive a hard bargain!

• Replies 96
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

This is my secret plan,

19. Paxton Lynch QB, Memphis

49 Jeremy Cash SS, Duke

63. (pick from trade of Tyrod to Denver) Kamalei Correa OLB Boise St

80. Germain Ifedi, ROT Texas A&M

117. Antwaun Woods, NT USC

139. Jordon Payton WR, UCLA

156. Blake Martinez ILB, Stanford

192. Robert Aguayo PK Florida ST

Your secret plan to get everyone fired?

I'm not ready to give into the unlikely scenario they will actually draft a QB in the first round. Assuming this is a smoke screen, what are the likely reasons?

* motivation for Tyrod

* deterrent to Tyrod's agent for negotiations

* throw off other teams regarding their intentions on draft day

* learn more about the delta between top prospects and mid-late round prospects they are more likely to draft

Some combination? All of the above? Other options?

Edited by Yard Monkey

I'm not ready to give into the unlikely scenario they will actually draft a QB in the first round. Assuming this is a smoke screen, what are the likely rewasons?

* motivation for Tyrod

* learn more about the delta between top prospects and mid-late round prospects they are more likely to draft

or to just get better at QB..all we have is Taylor and Manuel...I don't think we draft one in 1st but we have comp picks this year and could take one in 3rd round

I'm not ready to give into the unlikely scenario they will actually draft a QB in the first round. Assuming this is a smoke screen, what are the likely rewasons?

* motivation for Tyrod

the last two, and due diligence should one fall out of the 1st round. They are going to take one at some point, so they are studying all of them. Whaley already said he didn't think any were ready to start this year, so I don't think they are purposely trying to send any message to Tyrod.

or to just get better at QB..all we have is Taylor and Manuel...I don't think we draft one in 1st but we have comp picks this year and could take one in 3rd round

Kind of where I was intending to go with the last point. They certainly need someone to compete for #2&3. They do appear to be showcasing and maybe even leaking details of interest in round one prospects

Sounds like a long shot, but what if Paxton Lynch falls to Buffalo at 19, they choose him then trade Tyrod for a 2nd or 3rd round pick to Denver. Any thoughts.

Tyrod is the best QB since Kelly, he will only get better, is young, grasps offense, is well respected, and not to mention very affordable this year- and you want to trade him for a 3rd round pick? You sir are a broken crayon

Sounds like a long shot, but what if Paxton Lynch falls to Buffalo at 19, they choose him then trade Tyrod for a 2nd or 3rd round pick to Denver. Any thoughts.

Let's just say they love Lynch and he's there at 19. Drafting him to compete against Taylor would be the much smarter move.