Next Season.....

I will no longer be posting a weekly thread after games. It really is time to pass the baton to someone else who may feel up to taking on the challenge. Last season, there were similar posts to mine and they were good.

Here are my itemized (of course :)) reasons:

1) First and foremost, I think that my time has passed and KNOW that others can do a better job of recapping the game. I want this for TBD.

2) My health is fine, much better than before. No smoking or even drinking since October, and I work out in the gym. That said, as amateurish as the posts were, they really did take time. I want to travel more to see my daughters, grand children, and friends.

3) I want to watch a game without a pen and notebook.

4) I might be coming up for a game this season. It's been a while and I miss it, especially the tailgates.

5) Having seen almost every play of every game for well over 2 decades, I have a bad feeling about this season. It is my opinion that Rex is destroying this team and that Whaley is almost as bad. I don't want to be in constant battles with those who think that this situation is good. There really might not be so many good things to report this year. But, this IS a Bills Fan Site, and I don't want to spend my Sundays bursting bubbles and depressing people I have grown to like SO much over the years I have spent here.

Hey, I will continue to post. This, imo, is the only place for Bills football.

Thanks to the mods & SDS for indulging me.

Thanks so, SO much to each and every one of you for the dialogue. My "thoughts" were not all knowing declarations. They were just thoughts and observations and the intent was to create dialogue. I think that for the most part, it did work.

And most of all, thanks for the support when I was sick. My daughters and I will never forget this. Not ever.

GO BILLS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Edited by Bill from NYC

• Replies 80
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

How do you plan to survive the season without drinking? How did you survive last season?

Heroic IMO.

Thanks for your contributions over the years!

Oh and this is just for you :lol:

@aaronwilson_NFL

Alabama cornerback-kick returner Cyrus Jones to visit Ravens, Eagles, Bills, Saints; work out privately for Panthers, Buccaneers

Edited by YoloinOhio

Congrats on the smoking...not so sure on the sanity of no drinking!

:) I am actually allowed 2 alcoholic beverages per day. The thing is I stretched this quite a bit over the years and want to give my body a brake. I find it 10x easier to give up than cigarettes.

But you and Yolo are correct. Rex is harder to accept without a few beers!!! :)

Hoping you reconsider. Your post was sadly the most entertaining part of too many Bills Sundays. Regardless, thanks for your contributions. Always nice to know there are intelligent fans who see the game within the game as I like to do.

And yes, I also believe that this team is going to crash and burn this season. The worst part is, they've handicapped future seasons with asinine contracts.

Hoping you reconsider. Your post was sadly the most entertaining part of too many Bills Sundays. Regardless, thanks for your contributions. Always nice to know there are intelligent fans who see the game within the game as I like to do.

And yes, I also believe that this team is going to crash and burn this season. The worst part is, they've handicapped future seasons with asinine contracts.

You do realize that while Bill actually posts intelligent conversation....you are more like the court jester

Bill, thanks for doing it!!! Your insights following the games are some of the best stuff on this board. I hope that you continue to weigh in on the topic and other topics as wel. Glad that you are getting to spend more time with the family and look forward to hearing more from you around here.

You do realize that while Bill actually posts intelligent conversation....you are more like the court jester

This coming from a guy who types with his pom-poms on. You really are the worst type of fan.

Anyway, I don't want to hijack this thread going back and forth with this simpleton.

Good luck to you Bill.

Do what you feel is necessary, Bill. You'll still be posting, and that's good.

I've enjoyed you're post game reports, even if I did not fully agree with your take of LeSean McCoy, but everyone has an opinion, and you always have brought good insight.

:beer: :beer: Game day won't be the same without your threads, Bill. Hopefully this doesn't mean you'll be leaving the board completely, that would be a crime.

yeah Bill hope you do still hang around!

I have absolutely no idea what is gonna happen this next year. I really need to see if this defense digests and accepts what Rex is trying to get them to do.

If the D improves and the O continues its improvement......it will be a much more enjoyable season.

:) I am actually allowed 2 alcoholic beverages per day. The thing is I stretched this quite a bit over the years and want to give my body a brake. I find it 10x easier to give up than cigarettes.

But you and Yolo are correct. Rex is harder to accept without a few beers!!! :)

:lol: Only someone from Buffalo would call two drinks a day "not drinking."

I'll miss your post-game posts. Except for #5 on your list. That point always sucked.

nah, sorry Bill... you WILL continue to do your postgame posts for at least the next few years.

Cheers!

I will no longer be posting a weekly thread after games. It really is time to pass the baton to someone else who may feel up to taking on the challenge. Last season, there were similar posts to mine and they were good.
Here are my itemized (of course :)) reasons:

1) First and foremost, I think that my time is passed and KNOW that others can do a better job of recapping the game. I want this for TBD.

2) My health is fine, much better than before. No smoking or even drinking since October, and I work out in the gym. That said, as amateurish as the posts were, they really did take time. I want to travel more to see my daughters, grand children, and friends.

3) I want to watch a game without a pen and notebook.

4) I might be coming up for a game this season. It's been a while and I miss it, especially the tailgates.

5) Having seen almost every play of every game for well over 2 decades, I have a bad feeling about this season. It is my opinion that Rex is destroying this team and that Whaley is almost as bad. I don't want to be in constant battles with those who think that this situation is good. There really might not be so many good things to report this year. But, this IS a Bills Fan Site, and I don't want to spend my Sundays bursting bubbles and depressing people I have grown to like SO much over the years I have spent here.

Hey, I will continue to post. This, imo, is the only place for Bills football.

Thanks to the mods & SDS for indulging me.

Thanks so, SO much to each and every one of you for the dialogue. My "thoughts" were not all knowing declarations. They were just thoughts and observations and the intent was to create dialogue. I think that for the most part, it did work.

And most of all, thanks for the support when I was sick. My daughters and I will never forget this. Not ever.

GO BILLS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Thanks for your effort and insights. Much appreciated here. I get point #5 and how it's no fun to be a wet blanket, right or wrong. We shall see, and I'll continue to cross my fingers, as I have for the last half century..... (But Rex drive me....never mind - another time.)