NFL Execs say Bills should get moving on new stadium

I think the NFL executive who made statement is BALL LESS!

That could be of the newer variety, or those, such as the one in Jacksonville, Fla., that have undergone major upgrades. The NFL doesn’t see the $130-million face-lift of The Ralph as major.

“No, it isn’t,” said a league official, who requested anonymity. “In fact, I was not for that renovation. None of us were. In other words, we thought we should have gone right to the question of what should be the big renovation or a new facility. Because if you’re going to build one, you’re going to try to break ground within five or 10 years from now. If you’re going to do that, then you sort of didn’t need to spend that $130 million. You should have saved that for the new facility.

If you want us to listen to you don't request "anonymity".

This is from someone who will NEVER buy season tickets and NEVER pay PSL.

• Replies 361
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Players want more money to play under current CBA.

Owners want new stadium to make more money and meet the salary cap.

Players want more money because it's unfair that the owner's have so much money.

It's a viscious circle.

The answer has to do with the next CBA: Roger needs to come up with a smart plan to slow outrageous salaries (e.g. $70 million to Osweiller) so the owners don't feel the need to build stadiums that will be used for 10 years until it is deemed "outdated".

There is no doubt the Ralph is ready to be retired.

A new stadium, half funded by the public by canalside would complete one of the greatest rebuilds a city has ever seen.

This current generation will put Buffalo back on the map, after years of neglect by the previous.

Property values are rising. Good jobs are available.

A great time to invest in this great city of Buffalo.

Imo

I have to wonder if the league is still trying to push the Bills out of Buffalo? They keep harping on revenue like it's a buzzword for "You're market sucks."

While I could criticize you for improper use of "you're," the sad fact is that the league probably says exactly that.

Tickets WILL NOT be cheap. Season ticket holders will be asked to bare part of the cost.

Good luck with keeping the 60,000 account holders.

A fat PSL for 'bright,'n shiny' is not a good ROI for the average fan.

No guarantee of huge PSL fees.

And id be curious to hear from someone like Kirby about the market stats and if there's a feeling that you can up cycle from cheap college fans and lowers middle class to an upper middle class (mid 40s, management title) kind of crowd at a higher price point if you pair a solid team with a more comfortable game day experience.

I'd have to think there are a lot of fans that don't buy because of the threat of rain, or cold (or sitting next to the table breaking, light people on fire crowd).

What the size and price point is of that other market though - most of us are throwing darts blindfolded. Obviously there's some feeling that it's possible though.

And I know the major issue is suites but the average ticket price point effects more of us here. I know reading some of our game day experience threads that there's at least some sizable portion that doesn't want the $30 ticket in 40 degree weather and rain but would jump on the $60 ticket to see players at max ability to shine while enjoying 72 and "sunny" in December.

Edited by NoSaint

The city is changing along with demographics and the WNY economy. No one knows what a PSL structure will look like, but change is inevitable.

SSShhhh. Do not tell this to some people living in Buffalo!

Honestly to your, things are changing in Western New York. People are staying and moving back. As the baby boomers die off, the younger 30's-50's will fill in and also fill the stadium up.

Those of you who want to live in fear, it is cool. The rest will move forward.

I've been pretty adamant that I think that it is coming. The pressure isn't going to subside anytime soon from the other owners. The non shared revenues will continue to grow at a rate that the Ralph can't keep up with. These revenues drive the cap but aren't shared. The gap between the "have's and have not's" will continue to widen. That's why you saw the Rams move and the Raiders and Chargers potentially next. The other owners want these revenues, and their franchise values, to continue to rise.

I've gone into more depth on my thoughts in the other stadium thread. I will try not to derail this conversation (as I usually seem to do on the topic).

Do this execs really think the people of western New York have the money to fill the stadium if the tickets are priced substantially higher?

If the team was winning, in the the playoffs and exciting to watch, you'd be surprised what people will pay. They'd probably get lots more money from Toronto fans to start.

Ahhh. I see that blind generalizations are a specialty of yours..

Carry on. Have a nice day. Go play with the other children......

TIP: Get some professional help for that anger.

Yeah you clearly have it together. There's no help for you so looks like my anger is here to stay. The NFL doesn't want people like you that are too broke to pay the ticket prices to come to the games. They're not interested in keeping you engaged in the league, it's passed your pocket book by. There's cheaper alternatives for people like you - that need to borrow money from your parents to pay your rent.

Edited by Triple Threat

I've been pretty adamant that I think that it is coming. The pressure isn't going to subside anytime soon from the other owners. The non shared revenues will continue to grow at a rate that the Ralph can't keep up with. These revenues drive the cap but aren't shared. The gap between the "have's and have not's" will continue to widen. That's why you saw the Rams move and the Raiders and Chargers potentially next. The other owners want these revenues, and their franchise values, to continue to rise.

I've gone into more depth on my thoughts in the other stadium thread. I will try not to derail this conversation (as I usually seem to do on the topic).

Don't forget the other reason the owners wasn't a more stadium.They get far less for their 40% shade of the gate receipts from RWS games than what Pegula pockets when Bills play away.

Look, we have a perfectly fine stadium. I agree, one day, it will probably make sense for Buffalo to build a stadium downtown. But it will make sense for BUFFALO, not the goddamn NFL. I am so sick of these mind numbingly rich bastards holding cities hostage for huge sums of tax payer dollars to finance their pet projects. Make no mistake, these owners are the same guys who allowed Stan Kroenke to screw over this city of St. Louis and their loyal fans and move a team to L.A. We were supposed to be the Rams the last damn 20 years, I think us Bills fans have a good understanding of what the NFL really stands for.

How much money does the NFL need to make before its enough? Its a joke to hear about INCOME INEQUALITY among the 32 NFL teams, its like a minature model of ACTUAL AMERICA "mmmm ahhh yes we have 5 teams that are worth several billion dollars but unfortunately our bottom teams are only worth almost a billion dollars....we need the fans to pony up for our giants stadiums so we can charge them thousands of dollars for PSL's and box seats, $15 beers and $300 jerseys, and if you cant afford it, well...you gotta get directv or youre not allowed to watch it."

get the ***** out of here. This leagues greed will be its ultimate demise. They are alienating the average fan.

Edited by TallskiWallski83