NFL Execs say Bills should get moving on new stadium

• Replies 361
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Aesthetics.

Why don't billionaires build mansions in middle class city neighborhoods?..........they are INSIDE most of the time, right?

It's entertainment and the old stadium is a relative dump in the suburbs.

It's a theory, but hardly one on which to base spending a billion dollars and seeing regular attendance fall.

The NFL doesn't want the average fans in their stadiums anymore.

In the new reality that is the NFL the Bills need a new stadium. If Buffalo can't or won't build one then maybe Buffalo doesn't belong in the NFL anymore.

LOL. Yeah, okay.

Know how I know you aren't the target of those suites?

...because I'm not a corporation? Very astute.

The NFL doesn't want the average fans in their stadiums anymore.

In the new reality that is the NFL the Bills need a new stadium. If Buffalo can't or won't build one then maybe Buffalo doesn't belong in the NFL anymore.

This sounds like exactly what Mara was getting at. Or was the writer trying to troll Bills fans. He did say that the subject was not brought up in any recent meetings, so who brought it up? Carucci? Trolling for a comment to poke Bills fans a little?

The Pegula's didn't get to where they are by being stupid. IF and WHEN a new Stadium makes sense, they will be there. Till then Roger can pretty much sit on it and spin!

I agree. Let's hope this rings true.

Sure sounded like Mara was threatening that, saying "I'd love to see them stay in Western NY" shut up !@#$.

Since Mara's stadium has an additional tenant and he got corporate welfare he is not one who should be talking.

I have to wonder if the league is still trying to push the Bills out of Buffalo? They keep harping on revenue like it's a buzzword for "You're market sucks."

I don't think they were ever trying to push them out, per se. They want each of their markets to produce $ for the league. As much as possible. Pegula's aren't taking the Bills anywhere. This is not even a thing anymore. Nothing wrong with a new stadium when it's time for one. The Ralph is cool for now. But once we get to the end of the current lease plans should be made to either retrofit or build new. It will be almost 50 years old at that point.

The Pegulas business interests are in the city and the new stadium will be there also with 716 Entertainment and Sports, Harbor Center, and the Marriott. Niagara Falls? Nope!

^

Yep. Pegula's seem all in on downtown. I wouldn't mind a retrofit of the Ralph, but just watching how the Pegula's operate tells anyone watching where that new stadium will be.

Edited by purple haze

I know different sport; but the new stadium has worked out so well for the Yankees. Mark Cuban was right; the owners have gone to the well too many times and the cash cow is really at it's peak; nowhere to go but one way.

I was thinking about Yankee Stadium on this thread. The old stadium rocked and the new stadium is a morgue. I hate it.

That article made me sick. There's kids all throughout this world with nothing to eat but a handful of billionaires want the Bills to build a new stadium- when the Bills have a perfectly good stadium; Bills fans are happy with the stadium; it doesn't make financial sense for the Bills or certainly WNY to build a new stadium- so that those handful of billionaires can become even richer. Makes me absolutely ashamed to be an NFL fan.

Wrong. Stop reading the boosterism on the Buffalo News and other media outlets and do some data collection on your own. There is no drastically significant increase in any relevant data variables and when compared to national trends, we still rank near the bottom third in many critical metrics. Still a top 5 poverty city. We haven't even returned to predecession job numbers and many new jobs created are low level retail and back office services. That's not a resurgence, revival, or renewal no matter what anyone says. But it's your right to believe the rhetoric and feel good stories and ignore reality.

Problem here is everyone sees a few tower cranes and billions in corporate welfare and they suddenly think decades of decline are over. Sorry, not the case.

Have to agree with this as well. Which makes it all the more disheartening to think that tax payer dollars will eventually go to building a new stadium when they already have a perfectly good one (it's not like there's an issue with the structural integrity and everyone loves it) JUST so Mara and co. can make more money. That's literally the only reason. People talking about it as an inevitability just because it appears dated? Who cares? Seriously take a step back and think about it: who gives a s**t?

I was thinking about Yankee Stadium on this thread. The old stadium rocked and the new stadium is a morgue. I hate it.

And there's this as well! Does anyone actually think that people won't be waxing poetic about and missing Rich Stadium the second it goes down? It's all so predictable and sad.

Go watch the Bills on the road and you will find it hard to argue the Ralph is not one of the three worst.

Been to a number of games and I disagree.

:thumbdown: Went to Washington's stadium and could barely see the field and it was cramped and smelled bad; view was obstructed and no where in the Ralph is it obstructed and view of field is MOST important thing. Had trouble seeing replays as well. It is no surprise that that eye sore is going to be replaced with a bigger eye sore. Can not believe what we paid for parking and were harassed for having grill.

:thumbsup: Went to Chiefs' stadium and it reminds me the Ralph; great sight lines and the food is better. If I was going to be a regular of another stadium that would be one I'd want to go. Great tailgating too.

:cry: Went to Cardinals' stadium and is fresh and new but sight lines were not as good as the Ralph; more choices of food, etc but a LOT more expensive. Never could get used to being in dome and sounds were odd. Tailgate was in bar which was good but sterile.

:cry: Went to Ravens' stadium several times and sight lines are good but upper seats seem further away from the field from equivalent seats in the Ralph. Had tailgate in a bar which was set up for just Bills fans and it was great.

:thumbdown::bag: Went to Raiders' stadium and it was a dump.

:thumbdown: Went to Giants' stadium to see the Jests and had what is considered a good seat in lower bowl. It may have fancier amenities but view is not as good as at equivalent seats in the Ralph. We did not tailgate and took cramped bus to get there.

Maybe you like domes, expensive prices and having to have tailgates in bars so new NFL is right for you.

Great review! I've heard exactly the same things about all those places.

I don't get how the NFL is afraid it's going to become a studio sport, and then wants to drive fans out of their price range..........The aforementioned Yankee Stadium looks like **** on TV. Yeah, this is big time stuff - when nobody is behind the plate, and it's scattered seating through the rest of the stadium.

The Pegula's didn't get to where they are by being stupid. IF and WHEN a new Stadium makes sense, they will be there. Till then Roger can pretty much sit on it and spin!

Except it's the 31 other owners say hey Buffalo, get your **** together.

I think people are more concerned about the tailgate culture than they are a stadium where the team plays, which is sad.

The Bills are at a huge disadvantage when it comes to marketing it's assets to players aka the stadium. Anyone ever think of that?

Except it's the 31 other owners say hey Buffalo, get your **** together.

I think people are more concerned about the tailgate culture than they are a stadium where the team plays, which is sad.

The Bills are at a huge disadvantage when it comes to marketing it's assets to players aka the stadium. Anyone ever think of that?

Really? All 31 others said that? Do you have same source as Vic, something made up?

this is !@#$ing stupid. The Ralph is more than fine. The money grab here is obvious

The Ralph is fine for who?

The Ralph is a bad stadium in terms if the NFL.

But hey I'll have less money to buy so much beer I fall over and piss myself before the game.

Really? All 31 others said that? Do you have same source as Vic, something made up?

If you can't see that the majority of owners and NFL execs are pressuring Buffalo to get a new stadium, I can't help you. It's been a theme for a few years time now

This is a bunch of hot air. Until 2022, nothing will happen. After that, we have choices. Retrofit the Ralph, downtown, etc. I'm not sure why people would be fearful of the Bills moving from Buffalo.

I wouldn't about it too much and I'm in the camp to keep making the Ralph better. Kansas City, Chicago, and so on. There are other cities that refuse to scrap a stadium with history for a new one. The Bills experience is special in Orchard Park. I think that would be lost downtown. At the end of the day, there is really nothing any of us can do about it. Whenever we decide to build a new one, you guys are right, it will be a lot more expensive on game day.