NFL Execs say Bills should get moving on new stadium

http://bills.buffalonews.com/2016/03/23/nfl-executives-say-bills-should-get-moving-on-new-stadium/

Commissioner Roger Goodell, executives at the league office and owners of other NFL teams believe its imperative that the Bills have a new stadium. They see it as vital to the teams ability to compete in a climate where other teams, along with the rest of the league, are able to reap the financial benefits newer facilities provide through higher prices and additional revenue opportunities.

• Replies 361
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

A good friend was a longtime Jets season ticket holder.

His seats (4) were nothing to write home about,

and the Jets wanted him to pony up $26K for PSL's for the move to the new stadium.

He declined.

Do you have deep pockets? The average person in Buffalo does not.

The city is changing along with demographics and the WNY economy. No one knows what a PSL structure will look like, but change is inevitable.

Edited by 26CornerBlitz

Its granted in NFL think now that you need a new stadium. And why wouldn't it be when a viable business model for years has been "We can use public funds to offset CapEx and grow our revenue base. Its brilliant and risk free to us. Go NFL!!"

There is a thread on a new stadium already. Majority opinion is as long as tickets are cheap, parking is plentiful and there are lots of toilets for drunk people then all is good for the Buffalo fans. Everything else is a waste

and the Jets wanted him to pony up $26K for PSL's for the move to the new stadium.

He declined.

The NFL exec's are blinded by their own stupidity,and greed. They could give a rat's ass about the average Bill's fan.

You're just not smart enough to see what's happening around you.

He declined.

The NFL exec's are blinded by their own stupidity,and greed. They could give a rat's ass about the average Bill's fan.

i agree they don't care about what the fans can or can't pay. But thought Jerry jones comments were interesting and don't align with what he's said in the past from what I recall

This conversation scares me every year. I love the Ralph. It's character is amazing and the sight lines in the stadium have always been good(for me at least). If we were to build a new stadium I would hope it would be next to the Ralph, without a dome. I love that the bills play in bad conditions in winter. With a dome, it ruins the game day environment in late October and on.

This ain't the 1970's

The stadium does not have to be downtown. If a new stadium is built a serious look at Niagara Falls should be considered. Where is a big issue but why not leverage a world renowned tourist destination?

That's fine. Isolated out of the way OP will not be the locale for the next venue IMO.

. Op is 20-25 minutes from downtown Buffalo. How the heck is that out of the way?

The stadium does not have to be downtown. If a new stadium is built a serious look at Niagara Falls should be considered. Where is a big issue but why not leverage a world renowned tourist destination?

The Pegulas business interests are in the city and the new stadium will be there also with 716 Entertainment and Sports, Harbor Center, and the Marriott. Niagara Falls? Nope!

Edited by 26CornerBlitz

Terry Pegula should work on a retrofit of the existing stadium. There is so much more that could be done, that wouldn't involve spending beyond 250 to 400 million. A new downtown stadium and you're looking at nearly double or triple that figure. We need to be pragmatic in our approach. Would a joint stadium with UB work? Would a 1/2 taypayer, 1/2 Pegula funded stadium work? It's all possible. Needless to say we will know more in the next 3 years.

Edited by Dr.Sack