Chris Hogan visiting Patriots-Signs $12M offer sheet

• Replies 637
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

The Pats will utilize Hogan better than Roman would.

they might. Tyrod really did not see the field completely or make the passes well enough to feel out whether Bills secondary receivers have real value.

Hogan may never be a threat. just a 3rd read.

I don't know honestly

Terrible reason as to why to retain him.

No it's not. I remember thinking how good Welker was when he was in Miami. The move to a more creative system and a good QB really screwed up his career, huh? If Hogan goes to NE, I'm saying he gets 70 grabs for 825 yards and 5 TDs.

I like Hogan as a player. It would be a good signing for the Pats, who like WRs with short-area quickness (which Hogan has). They need an upgrade over LaFell too (not that Hogan is the upgrade). LaFell, who is slow and not very quick, is a below average player.

I heard before that Da'Rick is even better. And he's available off the street.

@adamschefter

Buffalo RFA WR Chris Hogan visiting NE today, per league source. Pats could sign him to offer sheet that Bills would have 5 days to match.

@rapsheet

There's been interest for some time. Similar to when Patriots liked Danny Amendola for years

Can't blame, becoming another Amendola would be good for him and why can't we use him that way (traitor :angry: )

He needs to go. He's never once caught a pass with any hint of defensive presence, only when he's wide open. Catches a 9 yard pass on 3rd and 10, gets 0 YAC. "Drops" a ball on a crucial 3rd & 10 and doesn't lobby for an obvious challenge. Harrasses Woods after making a huge play, just for fumbling out of bounds. Dude is my least favorite WR since TJ, with very similar skill set.

cant help but like the unknown small college kid, he's done well for what he's been asked to do. Now let's move on..... he drops way to many for a guy who only going to have 2 or 3 catches on a good day. He can't draw a penalty to save his life, seems like no mater what the DB does to Hogan they won't throw a pass interference flag on defense. The special teams penalties are killers, couple games in particular Giants his holding on kicks three times in the first half killed any field position and the Chiefs two holdings during kick returns and ran out of bounds first guy to touch ball dead at the Chiefs 3. Seems like oh well penalties but good teams don't do it and for a role player you can't do it. I was glad to see Ron Brooks out as well read the rules Ron your a pro.

cant help but like the unknown small college kid, he's done well for what he's been asked to do. Now let's move on..... he drops way to many for a guy who only going to have 2 or 3 catches on a good day. He can't draw a penalty to save his life, seems like no mater what the DB does to Hogan they won't throw a pass interference flag on defense. The special teams penalties are killers, couple games in particular Giants his holding on kicks three times in the first half killed any field position and the Chiefs two holdings during kick returns and ran out of bounds first guy to touch ball dead at the Chiefs 3. Seems like oh well penalties but good teams don't do it and for a role player you can't do it. I was glad to see Ron Brooks out as well read the rules Ron your a pro.

Dude had torn ligaments in his wrist. He had to do everything lefty which clearly was leaving him frustrated and dissatisfied. At the line, he just couldn't get off. You could tell he hadn't gotten a clean release in weeks. That would make anyone nervous, jittery, and prone to drops.

#Obviously

@viccarucci

How thoroughly have the #Patriots researched #Bills RFA WR Chris Hogan? Bill Belichick likes that he could be a backup punter. Honest!

They probably had someone scouting him at Shady's softball game... Where, of course, Hogan won the homerun derby because he's a freak at everything

Always suspected that Hogan was a douch€- let him go to NE (he'll fit right in). He has shaky hands and lacks game awareness ( see the number of times that he ends up a half-yard short of the marker).

dopeland I don't know if Hogan is a douche. But I am in agreement on your other two assessments. His girlfriend was hot on Hard Knocks when he played for the Dolphins.