Brock Osweiler - 4 yrs/72 mill in Houston(signed)

• Replies 187
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Brian Griese didn't stand a chance in succeeding a "legendary" QB who retired after winning a Super Bowl. Same team, same situation, bigger legend. I would think twice, too.

Good move for Osweiler. For Texas? LOL.

Maybe, but he's really put the pressure on himself now. He doesn't have a lot of experience and would probably benefit from some patience but that is out the window. He'd better come out looking like the next Tom Brady or he's going to get lambasted given what they signed him for.

Maybe, but he's really put the pressure on himself now. He doesn't have a lot of experience and would probably benefit from some patience but that is out the window. He'd better come out looking like the next Tom Brady or he's going to get lambasted given what they signed him for.

Isn't hanging still legal in Texas? :w00t:

Agreed. Will be fun to watch!

That's nuts on both sides; what is Denver going to do at QB and not sure if OZ is proven yet to be the guy.

On a side note Schopp and BD were talking about scenarios about Denver trading 3 first round picks for TT, to which I say hell yeah!

I'm getting a Rob Johnson feeling on this one. Huge contract with limited action. Well, at least the Texans didn't give up a 1st rounder. :wallbash:

Wish Rob Johnson was the next Peyton and he was doing a farewell retirement ceremony :(

If I was Denver I'd go for Fitz not a boom or bust guy like RGIII or Kap. As others have said their D can win them games alone.

agreed

That really is crazy money for a guy with 7 starts who went 5-2 was not so great at times.

The Brockster, the RB from Miami in Miller, an O-lineman all for a mere 126 mill over four years.

The Texans were desperate for a top starting QB, but man what a huge gamble.

Then John Elway must have a backup plan with someone in mind...

Huge roll of the dice by Houston.

Regardless of how it turns out for them, it's bad for us.

Agree on Houston rolling the dice large - and I wonder if they weren't driving up his price bidding against themselves. It's probably bad for the Bills, but if he flames out it lends credence to the "stupid contract, outlier" argument.