Brock Osweiler - 4 yrs/72 mill in Houston(signed)

• Replies 187
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

@RapSheet

More on a potential #49ers deal with #Broncos for Colin Kaepernic: John Elway has as close a relationship with Trent Baalke as with any GM.

@RapSheet

The #Broncos have ramped up their efforts to keep QB Brock Osweiler and negotiations are ongoing. It's them or #Texans.

When your other best option would be Kaepernick I would try to get Brock back as well

Wow....I can't believe he and Denver aren't going to work it out. Maybe he didn't really want to follow Manning in Denver with nowhere to go but down.

Could have been more money, could have been pride due to being benched for the playoffs? Once the contract details come out we will have a better idea.

Wow....I can't believe he and Denver aren't going to work it out. Maybe he didn't really want to follow Manning in Denver with nowhere to go but down.

Schefter also reported that Osweiler and Marrone are a package deal so who knows what could happen.

Edited by 4merper4mer

Could have been more money, could have been pride due to being benched for the playoffs? Once the contract details come out we will have a better idea.

My assumption was the dollars wouldn't make that much difference but who knows -- maybe Houston was willing to go an extra year or two.

Hmm Fitz played for Kubiak in Houston I wonder if that wouldn't be the safer short term marriage for Denver.

That might make sense too. Fitz can be success with that D a la last season, but he didn't play for kubs.

Edited by Big C

Could be he just didn't want to follow Peyton, as limited as he was of late. He still went to two SBs with Broncos, just won, and is a legend. Maybe he's more comfortable following the legend of Brian Hoyer. Less pressure.

Edited by YoloinOhio

Schefter has been saying for a while the benching in the SD game really bothered Brock. Schefter has really strong ties to Denver (spent nearly 10 professional years in the area) so I imagine he'd have some insight.

I also read that from others.