Brock Osweiler - 4 yrs/72 mill in Houston(signed)

As a Bills fan I have a hard time being critical of this Bronco offer when my team has (1) Traded 1st and 4th round picks for a QB, Rob Johnson, who had one start and (2) signed Fitz to a huge extension after a half season's worth of good games.

• Replies 187
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

$15 mil to stay with the Broncos or $18 mil to go to the Texans. If it were the Browns, I would say no, but the Texans have a very good defense, a running game, and a stud WR. I wouldn't fault Osweiler at all for taking the higher deal, as it could force the Broncos to try and match. He's in a great position. Amazing a guy who plays 7 games in 4 years gets $18 mil per year.

I just heard on NFLR RG3 is heading to Denver for a look, and talks about a trade for Kaepernick. I would rather have Osweiler as we was raised in that system and in sync with the players.

Pat Kirwan on NFLR 20 minutes ago said for all of the good things Elway has done, after Osweiler beat the Pats and Steelers, they should have inked a deal right then. They knew they weren't bringing Manning back and probably could have had Osweiler at a lower deal.

What I know is Whaley is getting the right people resigned, and has a lot of the starters under contract. Thank god we're not the ones with an exodus ,in the beginning of free agency. Thank you Richie.

Now can overdorf work some kind of magic and find some money early for Gillmore. I doubt it, but if at all possible, you know he won't regress.

Wtf

@mikeklis

John Elway did draw a line in the sand: He would not pay $18 million a year for QB with 7 career NFL starts.. #9news #9sports

They're not looking good QB wise, but that was the smart move. Elway continues to impress.

$15 mil to stay with the Broncos or $18 mil to go to the Texans. If it were the Browns, I would say no, but the Texans have a very good defense, a running game, and a stud WR. I wouldn't fault Osweiler at all for taking the higher deal, as it could force the Broncos to try and match. He's in a great position. Amazing a guy who plays 7 games in 4 years gets $18 mil per year.

I just heard on NFLR RG3 is heading to Denver for a look, and talks about a trade for Kaepernick. I would rather have Osweiler as we was raised in that system and in sync with the players.

Pat Kirwan on NFLR 20 minutes ago said for all of the good things Elway has done, after Osweiler beat the Pats and Steelers, they should have inked a deal right then. They knew they weren't bringing Manning back and probably could have had Osweiler at a lower deal.

What I know is Whaley is getting the right people resigned, and has a lot of the starters under contract. Thank god we're not the ones with an exodus ,in the beginning of free agency. Thank you Richie.

Now can overdorf work some kind of magic and find some money early for Gillmore. I doubt it, but if at all possible, you know he won't regress.

Well Elway got the ring now you handle being purged by the rest of the league the best you can. That's the way it works. Glenn and Ritchie can go to Houston just leave us some rings on the way out!!

Okay, so is it a huge leap to give Brock Osweiler $45MM?

As for Taylor, yes he signed a deal. That doesn't mean he won't feel underpaid.

The Bills are smart not to create a Fitzy redux situation with TT. He has an 8-8 season with 14 starts and a solid but not earth shattering set of stats. This hardly qualifies him as a franchise QB. He will have to prove himself this season and if he does the Bills tag him or work out a deal with him.

The Bills are smart not to create a Fitzy redux situation with TT. He has an 8-8 season with 14 starts and a solid but not earth shattering set of stats. This hardly qualifies him as a franchise QB. He will have to prove himself this season and if he does the Bills tag him or work out a deal with him.

Hopefully TT will increase his level of play with a whole offseason as starter.

:lol:

Well, no. Fitz played for Obrien.

If I was Denver I'd call Fitz though

More than 100 career TDs and 10-6 last year going to a team with the best D in the league, for 6-8 million...Yes.

EDIT: Guaranteed 12-4...since they don't play the Bills.

:D

Edited by dollars 2 donuts

As a Bills fan I have a hard time being critical of this Bronco offer when my team has (1) Traded 1st and 4th round picks for a QB, Rob Johnson, who had one start and (2) signed Fitz to a huge extension after a half season's worth of good games.

that shouldn't stop you.

More than 100 career TDs and 10-6 last year going to a team with the best D in the league, for 6-8 million...Yes.

EDIT: Guaranteed 12-4...since they don't play the Bills.

:D

$6-$8M? I thought Fitz wanted north of $15M?

$6-$8M? I thought Fitz wanted north of $15M?

Just like I said...$6-$8 million!

:lol:

EDIT: John Elway - "Don't get me wrong, Fitzy, you've had a SWEEET career and all, but after the last 10 years how'd you like to hoist the Lombardi trophy above your head?"

Edited by dollars 2 donuts