New deal for Tyrod Taylor?

YoloinOhio

Mckelvin > cro Aka worst CB in football last year

Yep, Cromartie was just terrible last year. We ALWAYS think that the guy NOT on the Bills is the better player. Go back and look at some of the guys that have been suggested on here. Someone suggested Mingo a few weeks back. Some of these guys are just terrible.

• Replies 234
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Yep, Cromartie was just terrible last year. We ALWAYS think that the guy NOT on the Bills is the better player. Go back and look at some of the guys that have been suggested on here. Someone suggested Mingo a few weeks back. Some of these guys are just terrible.

Haha. Every non Bill is better than all current Bills.

Well **** re-signing Gilmore to a long term deal is a no brainer but, his question was if you have to use the Franchise tag on Gilmore or Taylor who do you pick?

That was not his question at all. My point is you need to sign Gilmore to a long term deal, SO, you can TAG TT if you can't come to an agreement. And, you can't TAG Gilmore AND TT so you need to sign one to a long term deal ASAP. And, that can't be TT because the FO is not sure about tossing him that contract yet.

So the "We'd better sign Gilmore now statements", um with what money?

What is difficult to understand we are enormously tight to the cap. We'll be lucky to resign Incognito, doubt we'll save Bradham, and others will have to go as well.

We can't "sign anyone now than listed above" It's pretty much that simple because we'll need at least 7-8 mil for the rookie contracts from the draft, and some emergency money when guys get hurt this year.

What you said is not true. If we extended Gimore now we would save (depending on the structure) approx. $2 million a year in cap. It would help being tight to the cap.

why don't you think Leo knows the defense? I keep seeing people saying this... He may know it as well or better than Father Cro.

He may know Rex's D, but, I think his tackling is very bad. I know tackling isn't the most important skill for a CB....but, his tackling is bad. And, anyone who says he can play safety....I don't think so. He is way too small for that. And, on top of being too small for safety, Rex seems to like bigger than average safeties.

I think Leodis is a #4 CB right now. That is fine. If he was on the team doing that and NOT returning kicks or punts, fine. But, if someone is better bring them in. If there is a younger player with more upside and/or can play STs bring them in. I am fine with Leodis taking a pay cut AND being CB #4 or fighting for his job.

Haha. Every non Bill is better than all current Bills.

It's so strange. When you really dug into some of these threads and saw some of the terrible names suggested, it's stunning. Not to dwell on it but there was once a thread about trading Mario Williams for John Skelton. Obviously that is an extreme example but there are plenty of them. We suggest everyone else's garbage but hate all of the Bills.

I swear people have no idea about corner back play. McKelvin is a very solid CB. It's laughable the hate he still gets. He should never return kicks again but if he hit the open market, he would get a bigger deal than he might settle for here.

For whatever reason, he likes being a Bill. It's a shame people don't appreciate him more.

You are so right.

That was not his question at all. My point is you need to sign Gilmore to a long term deal, SO, you can TAG TT if you can't come to an agreement. And, you can't TAG Gilmore AND TT so you need to sign one to a long term deal ASAP. And, that can't be TT because the FO is not sure about tossing him that contract yet.

What you said is not true. If we extended Gimore now we would save (depending on the structure) approx. $2 million a year in cap. It would help being tight to the cap.

He may know Rex's D, but, I think his tackling is very bad. I know tackling isn't the most important skill for a CB....but, his tackling is bad. And, anyone who says he can play safety....I don't think so. He is way too small for that. And, on top of being too small for safety, Rex seems to like bigger than average safeties.

I think Leodis is a #4 CB right now. That is fine. If he was on the team doing that and NOT returning kicks or punts, fine. But, if someone is better bring them in. If there is a younger player with more upside and/or can play STs bring them in. I am fine with Leodis taking a pay cut AND being CB #4 or fighting for his job.

How do you arrive at this? He was a fine starting corner when last he tried it 2 years ago. I think he's a strong nickel back. Edited by Aaron

i mistakenly have created a McKelvin OR Cro scenario when that may not even be the case. Ron Brooks is gone which opens up a CB roster spot. I don't know what he's willing to sign for but in terms of a roster spot I'm ok with him filling in for Brooks. Not ok with him replacing Leo.

I swear people have no idea about corner back play. McKelvin is a very solid CB. It's laughable the hate he still gets. He should never return kicks again but if he hit the open market, he would get a bigger deal than he might settle for here.

For whatever reason, he likes being a Bill. It's a shame people don't appreciate him more.

Yep- he's a decent db, and a freakish athlete. Sure He used to get toasted by double moves and ball hawking wbility was near zero. Good coaching got the most out of him and he's at the very least solid depth that can adequately fill in as a starter. He should never ever return a punt for the bills again and be paid like the third best db on the team, which he is.

You are so right.

How do you arrive at this? He was a fine starting corner when last he tried it 2 years ago. I think he's a strong nickel back.

I recall last season leodis making a perfect textbook tackle really stood out. Did not stand the guy up or go for the ball.

He just stopped the play in open field.

Can he play safety? Well not sure about all of that. Can he play the Nickle? Can he be a second third or 4th corner in man to man? I think so.

His injury did not seem to slow him. He just has two very very good players in front of him!

If was Rex i would be delighted at the coverage options available.

lets look shall we...

Gilmore

Darby

Leo

Robey

Graham

A Williams

all played corner. To me thats pretty awesome for flexibility and matching up skill sets WRs.

i mistakenly have created a McKelvin OR Cro scenario when that may not even be the case. Ron Brooks is gone which opens up a CB roster spot. I don't know what he's willing to sign for but in terms of a roster spot I'm ok with him filling in for Brooks. Not ok with him replacing Leo.

At what price?

If the guys cant figure out Rex/Rob/Reed and Thurman's defense without more help from Jets player might as well pack it in.

amn i would prefer Butler over Brooks at this point

Edited by 3rdand12

So anything doin on Taylor? I'm guessing a two year deal with a ten mil signing bonus.

I'm thinking they let him play half the season and if he continues to improve, give him a new deal. No reason to do one now.

I recall last season leodis making a perfect textbook tackle really stood out. Did not stand the guy up or go for the ball.

He just stopped the play in open field.

Can he play safety? Well not sure about all of that. Can he play the Nickle? Can he be a second third or 4th corner in man to man? I think so.

His injury did not seem to slow him. He just has two very very good players in front of him!

If was Rex i would be delighted at the coverage options available.

lets look shall we...

Gilmore

Darby

Leo

Robey

Graham

A Williams

all played corner. To me thats pretty awesome for flexibility and matching up skill sets WRs.

At what price?

If the guys cant figure out Rex/Rob/Reed and Thurman's defense without more help from Jets player might as well pack it in.

amn i would prefer Butler over Brooks at this point

Brooks is gone. I prefer Butler over Cro. I assumed we would still keep Butler though.

Brooks is gone. I prefer Butler over Cro. I assumed we would still keep Butler though.

I know, i meant that Butler was the right choice. oops!

no need for Cromartie I think.

Now a FA safety ?? that is worth consideration

No reason to do a TT deal now. We need a way to sign Glenn and Incognito right now. Signing TT does not help that, nor is it critical to do it now.

No reason to do a TT deal now. We need a way to sign Glenn and Incognito right now. Signing TT does not help that, nor is it critical to do it now.

Perhaps not 'critical' now, but not far off. If we (OK, half of 'we') are correct and he takes a big step up with a full season behind him and familiarity with the system and players -neither of which he had at this time last year, we may NOT be able to sign him w/o cutting Dareus or letting Gilmore walk, etc. Sure, there were 1st year missteps, but we witnessed the best QBing here in 11 seasons this past year.

I'm hoping discussions are on-going..