New deal for Tyrod Taylor?

YoloinOhio

Well if metz could get over his over-inflated sense of self worth and knowledge, he'd realize that all TT is worth at this point IS 1.1 million a year, not a penny more. I'll confess, though, I think that's asking a bit much.

Just to be clear is that what he is worth or what he is under contract for? The question is do you believe that is his value or are you stating that is what he will make this year so it doesn't matter what everyone else will gets?

Edited by Kirby Jackson

• Replies 234
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I haven't read one page of this thread (unless I looked at it last week) and I can assure you, with utmost certainty, that no one is advocating the Bills pay Tyord Taylor $20 million per year. Once again, you and your cronies have created this false narrative; a straw man if you will, who is going around saying that Taylor is an elite QB already. You call them "fanboys." Sorry to report that nobody thinks that however. I am apparently regarded as a "fanboy" and I think he is between the 15th-20th best QB in the NFL. Which I think is pretty good considering it was his first year as a starter. Anyone who doesn't think that is irrationally against the guy. And the people who are irrationally against the guy are, to a man (with the exception of FireChan who hates everybody), the same exact bunch who were all pro-EJ even after it had become exceedingly obvious that it wasn't happening for the guy. So there you have it.

I love Leo and Kyle Williams.

Taylor still trying to set up player workouts

Tyrod Taylor and his teammates talked prior to the offseason about setting up some offseason player only workouts. A few Bills players however, are finishing up their schooling or rehab injuries. But Taylor is determined to carve out some time with his offensive playmakers before they have to report to One Bills Drive in mid-April.

“We’re working on everybody’s schedules, trying to figure out the best time to meet,” said Taylor in an interview with Bleacher Report NFL analyst Jason Cole. “A couple of guys have gone back to school to work on their degrees and a lot of guys have to get in shape and train, so they’re on different schedules, but before we get back to the team for the offseason.”

Good to see the leadership continuing to evolve.

Tyrod hoping Harvin can return

It may not even be feasible with respect to the Bills salary cap, but if Tyrod Taylor had his way he’d successfully convince WR Percy Harvin to re-sign with Buffalo this offseason.

Here's to the Bills looking elsewhere. Too much of an injury risk given how little cap flexibility they will have.

All guys on rookie contracts. Any Qb who has shown the possibility to be good and signed a second contract is making 12+ million.

Good observation. And it puts TT in the 12+ category. It will be a nice pay raise for him, whatever that number turns out to be.

If Bradford commands 16m, it will be hard to pay TT less.

All guys on rookie contracts. Any Qb who has shown the possibility to be good and signed a second contract is making 12+ million.

TT's essentially a rookie. But he'll be able to get a big deal, if he earns it, after a year and a half not 3.

Just to be clear is that what he is worth or what he is under contract for? The question is do you believe that is his value or are you stating that is what he will make this year so it doesn't matter what everyone else will gets?

I'm stating I believe that's his ceiling, and I'm pretty sure that's what he's making.

So his ceiling is the 40th best QB in the league?

That's not what I said, is it? What I said is he's not worthy of a large contract until he proves he's worthy of it. Is his ceiling 40th best? probably not.

Is it 15th best? Maybe. That's probably the upper limit of what he can do.

Right now? maybe the 20th best in the league on a good day.

That's not what I said, is it? What I said is he's not worthy of a large contract until he proves he's worthy of it. Is his ceiling 40th best? probably not.

Is it 15th best? Maybe. That's probably the upper limit of what he can do.

Right now? maybe the 20th best in the league on a good day.

Okay, that's fair. Earlier you said that he was "at his ceiling and that's what he is making." Currently he is the 40th highest paid QB. I think most here think that he's a middle of the league starter as of today, which would have him not far from where you do.

That was not his question at all. My point is you need to sign Gilmore to a long term deal, SO, you can TAG TT if you can't come to an agreement. And, you can't TAG Gilmore AND TT so you need to sign one to a long term deal ASAP. And, that can't be TT because the FO is not sure about tossing him that contract yet.

i musta mis-understood. i agree with your point tho we have a good thing with Darby and Gilmore

Fitz is how people don't like it. But I agree, the guy really wants to be good and did make an appearance in Hawaii his first year as a starter. Taking some financial risk now to prevent a bad situation next season is rational

That says a lot about ones motivation to start. Now he's proven he can start. And starting is the path to "set for life" money. loyalty is a refreshing surprise, but never expect it from any player, agent or team, for any reason.

Its a business and the business treats players like cattle, especially OBD so i wont disagree with that. I hope we keep Tyrod. all my friends that are not Bills fan likes em.

One thing all of them have that Tyrod doesn't?

I'll let you figure it out.

They all won Super Bowls with much better teams and coaches then the Bills have had since 2004.