McCoy's nightclub fight and the ongoing investigation

lowghen

• Replies 2.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

So ...Aggravated assault is a felony in PA but if charged he could plea down to a misdemeanor especially if it isn't clear that he was one of the people who hit/kicked/stomped.

Do I have that right

It's only February and already the bad news is rolling in.

Ah, the blessed life of a Bills fan!

you mean #blessed

Were the off duty police officers bouncers?

Not sure, but if there are no charges filed still, then this favors McCoy and company.

Were the off duty police officers intoxicated and down to party?

Until this all plays out, if the officers instigated the fight and were intoxicated, they could lose their badges.

With that much money, I feel like he could hire somebody to make good decisions for him, which is starting to look like something he can't do.

you make this sound simple.

boys night out goes awry.

but it really is true. Being out drinking and closing bars after 2 pm is poor judgement. Sure it is not foregone conclusion it will go poorly. But the percentages increase rapidly by the hour.

I am no innocent btw

Were the off duty police officers bouncers?

Not sure, but if there are no charges filed still, then this favors McCoy and company.

Were the off duty police officers intoxicated and down to party?

Until this all plays out, if the officers instigated the fight and were intoxicated, they could lose their badges.

reportedly arrest warrants to be issued by midweek to all 4 players with option for self-report

Unless decent video shows Shady actually hitting/kicking someone and that hit/kick injuring him, not sure how he gets charged with assault, much less aggravated.

i posted a video earlier and it was not clear. They showed a black male with an earring, but all 4 suspects were black football players.

i posted a video earlier and it was not clear. They showed a black male with an earring, but all 4 suspects were black football players.

Yeah, I meant something better than that.

The worst part of all of this might be that it means BADOL was right again... I suspect he'll mention that...

Except BADOL kept telling us Shady avoided contact.

I would like to agree. But can we make that demand and expect such?

reality says no.

Not everyone has a good value system.

and i would like to severely separate the difference between Public Servants who are paid by every Taxpayer to protect and uphold us each and the Law, as to someone whom live the life of an entertainer.

No one should "expect" anything from a football player.

But we certainly should expect any Civic employee to be held accountable to us. They are not a privately held or hired business firm.

if we are not satisfied with a player or team we have a choice to look away and no harm done.

But a civic employee is entrusted to represent each of us all of the time.

I am not critiquing either in this particular incident as i have no idea what really went down. and i mostly dont care. people wanna swing champagne bottles at each other? Great.

I can't honestly afford even Korbel

I understand your position that players fall under the category of "entertainers" and not public servants but I respectfully and strenuously disagree with your stance. The individual players don't only represent themselves by the manner in which they conduct themselves but they also represent the league. If an entertainer endorsed a product and was involved in "incidents" then the company that they are representing certainly don't want someone who is promoting their product to behave in a manner that doesn't represent the values of the company.

If a player gets involved in a brawl that he didn't initiate that doesn't mean that the league is going to tolerate that type of conduct in public. Is it unfair that the standard is higher for the player than it is for the public in general? Not in my eyes and not in the eyes of the league. The same type of higher standard applies in the corporate world. It is not unusual for a company to take a dim view of someone who is identified with the company to expect them to behave in a higher standard than what other people are expected to behave.

I'm not judging anyone's behavior here because I don't have the facts. But the point I am stressing is that for some public people being involved in an "incident", even in a tangential manner, can get you in trouble with your employer. The concept of a code of conduct is very often applied to employees' behavior outside of the workplace. Is it unfair? That is not the issue. It is a reality of being a professional athlete. Some athletes find it a challenge to stay within the boundaries of good conduct while most athletes don't.