McCoy's nightclub fight and the ongoing investigation

lowghen

Interestingly enough, I found that this exact precinct has their rules published for off-duty officers:

https://www.google.com/url?sa=t&rct=j&q=&esrc=s&source=web&cd=3&ved=0ahUKEwirxf2LgunKAhXpA5oKHT_vC1sQFggtMAI&url=http%3A%2F%2Fwww.portal.state.pa.us%2Fportal%2Fserver.pt%3Fopen%3D18%26objID%3D438296%26mode%3D2&usg=AFQjCNGorUUmnlMyiIqGAxMo3vMOg3uoZw

D. In situations where an officer is using intoxicants

or taking medications that have impaired his/her

physical and mental abilities, the officer will not

take action, other than calling 9-1-1 to report the

incident.

E. An officer will not be considered acting within the

scope of his/her employment if he/she takes police

action while using intoxicants or taking

medications that have impaired his/her physical and

mental abilities.

Interesting that they didn't call 911 to report the incident in light of what their precinct instructs.

True. I can't imagine the mentality of drunk cops, but I doubt they are the totally innocent party here. Far from it. That, plus with the cameras "broken" cameras, nobody saw anything that night. Perhaps the cops lost their footing and tripped on their way out the door?

• Replies 2.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

If we had nothing, there wouldn't be a topic or police report.

I didn't say there was nothing. Obviously something happened and people got hurt. What I said is that there is no proof Shady did anything wrong.

Correct.

We also have no proof he didn't.....

So we have no proof of anything.

I didn't say there was nothing. Obviously something happened and people got hurt. What I said is that there is no proof Shady did anything wrong.

So we have no proof of anything.

We have proof that a fight occurred in this bar. And we have proof that the alleged victims say that McCoy allegedly participated in the brawl.

Except that the victim was only treated for a head laceration..."possible skull fracture" sounds like a trumped-up media report. Trust me from experience, if he had a skull fracture, they'd know by now.

This. One guy had a cut over his eye stitched up, probably looks all plummy by now 'cuz those things do and has a headache 'cuz, 4 bottles of champagne and 3 am. He got a routine x-ray or CAT scan making sure there wasn't a fracture behind said cut causing said headache thus "possible skull fracture".

The witnesses will develop amnesia or say contradictory things, no one will ever know what really happened, and justice will be served proportionally to the quality of the lawyers engaged by both parties and the depth of the conflict of interest between the judiciary, the prosecutor, and the police.

Website that posted first video (3 tweets):

@crossingbroad

Saw second McCoy video. Not paying what reader wants for it. 10 secs of chaos. Maybe glimpse of McCoy face. One a**hole swinging bottle tho.

He was in the mix but not even conclusive it was him (95% certain it was). Very hard to see.

Now think we can identify McCoy in video which were in negotiation to buy.

Edited by YoloinOhio

Unless there's additional video footage in police custody or some other unknown additional evidence, it really looks like there isn't enough for an arrest to be made. My guess is McCoy gets in no legal trouble as the claim doesn't seem to hold much weight.

I'm sure after its investigation, the NFL will fine/suspend McCoy and I just wish these guys would stop trying to look for trouble. I agree with the posters that find this childish and immature, and I have no tolerance for the headlines these stupid late night outings seem to make.

It's hard to say that it's not your father's NFL (I'm sure Namath and others from the 70's got in their fair share of bar fights), but there is something frustrating about these guys not understanding that in this digital age, you will not get away with anything. To me, its not worth it, and it's sad that a lot of them are incapable of seeing that.

We have proof that a fight occurred in this bar. And we have proof that the alleged victims say that McCoy allegedly participated in the brawl.

Yes, a fight occurred and there is a report, but again there is no proof that Shady participated in the fight.

If it comes down to police officer testimony vs. NFL player denial, I wouldn't be so sure.

It may satisfy someone's requirement for being grounds for an arrest, but it isn't proof.

Regardless, it won't come down to that.

It'll come down to a combination of whatever video is available, other witnesses, etc.

It may satisfy someone's requirement for being grounds for an arrest, but it isn't proof.

Regardless, it won't come down to that.

It'll come down to a combination of whatever video is available, other witnesses, etc.

Isn't it in the vast majority of cases?

Isn't it in the vast majority of cases?

There is a difference between testimonial evidence and real evidence (physical evidence).

It's kind of disheartening to see you bring your typical know-it-all attitude even in situations where you are a novice. It kind of taints our previous discussions to be honest.

I would suggest reading up a bit on investigative/pre-interrogation justice policy before jumping in trying to explain to people that the police said McCoy did it.

We don't have any additional eye witness testimony because at no point did these off-duty officers find it prudent to alert the authorities and get some actual reports going. They chose (not by accident, mind you), to wait to do it. They know full well what they're doing and if you look at enough cases this becomes shockingly transparent. This is exactly why I think the Philly PD are making a mockery of our justice system going after someone like McCoy through the media.

Edited by fridge